Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Rust is trending up.

Capture.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I was gona watch comedy on TV, but I think Ill just hang out on the forum instead...

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Where do you guys think Vega prices will be in a couple years?

The real question is just how numerous the buying pool of Vegas will be...

Let's head over to VegaChat and hash it out.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005

YES! I've bookmarked that, just in case I have a slow day at work some time in the next couple of decades.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
https://www.caranddriver.com/archives/chevrolet-vega-vs-ford-pinto-archived-comparison

"Of the test cars, the Pinto proved to be quicker, with quarter-mile times of 17.7 seconds at 75.0 mph—0.5 seconds and 1.2 mph quicker than the Vega."

Rex is proud.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

Might be the best post I've seen all week!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I was gona watch comedy on TV, but I think Ill just hang out on the forum instead...

:rofl

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

Fusilli Jerry approves...
4b1633733aba6addd23f266f3e027ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Capture.JPG

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

You know it!
It’s a million to one shot, Doc.

For some reason, my wife refuses to drive my car with this plate one it...)
2fc66a8dce6c0b1e824197f40dc9fec8.jpg

85c254712e5c594b9fb6280d2d88bc2e.jpg

Last edited:

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Actually, the real question is who gives a shit?

It's a tragic comedy that the exotic car world has been so reduced to all this nonsense. Honestly, how many threads can we get about some guy selling a car? What's the over/under on future threads to be started on auctions and/or sales prices on these cars? 300? 500? 10,000? Whatever the number is, that's the exact number too many. Will there still be Cena threads in 2020? 2025? I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day reading this stuff, but instead of waking up next to Andie MacDowell at the end, I just down a bottle of Beefeater and blow my brains out in an Arby's parking lot. I'd much, much rather be reading one of your extensive and lyrical reviews, even if it was about a Honda Civic.

The crazy thing is that you could literally walk into a dealer circa 2014 and just order a 918. They were just...available. Same with P1, which was going to be 500 units until Mac sussed out that there weren't really that many buyers. But then specialty-cars-as-a-dick-swinging-contest really, really took off and now you have fist fights over derivative editions of editions of editions of regular production cars. The GT currently sits atop the throne of said contest. It will not forever. I feel like there's a distinct possibility the Senna is an inside joke to see how ugly a car can be yet still command a premium.

The most common question I get about Ford GT is "how did you get it?" Great. Super exciting. Probably exactly why Raj and Larry sat down to conceive it. I'm sure the people asking are bummed they couldn't make it to Le Mans 2016, or at least they will be as soon as someone explains to them what it was.

Spoilers anyone? Who wants a spoiler? Here's a spoiler: this will all end soon. It's probably (hopefully) going to be ugly too. Way too many people who don't know or really care about cars (not just this car, any car) beyond "I want something other guys at Cars and Coffee can't get" are involved at this point. Brokers, dealers, auction houses of poor repute, speculators with no personal investment or understanding about the product beyond the present day economics of the market.

The guys on the hamster wheel at all these other brands are going to wake up one day, lose interest, and the whole house of cards will be ****ed. How many dudes will endlessly get hammered having to buy GT4C Lussos and California Ts just to have a shot at the next Tour du Speciale Pista Aperta? Just pay the $300k over, it's cheaper and there's way less bullshit involved. How many cars are there on the market today that you "can't get?" How long can that be sustained? What happens when 918 VIPs don't literally buy each successive GT3/GT3RS/GT3 Touring/GT2RS/Turbo S Exclusive/Turbo S Exclusive Cab/Speedster, etc, etc?

And ultimately, more than anything else, how long can anyone possibly give a shit about these topics as the focal point of owning what are supposed to be pinnacle engineering exercises by brilliant people? It's a total waste. Does anyone really like reading this garbage for any reason beyond the tabloid nature of it? Is it fun? Does it enhance your ownership experience? Does it do justice to the long hours and late nights these guys put in to make these cars a reality? Andreas Preuninger has to want to blow his brains out reading value threads on Rennlist.

This post conveniently summarized as a GIF:

giphy.gif
yup,spot on

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You know it!
It’s a million to one shot, Doc.

For some reason, my wife refuses to drive my car with this plate one it...)
2fc66a8dce6c0b1e824197f40dc9fec8.jpg

85c254712e5c594b9fb6280d2d88bc2e.jpg

If she has a nice ass, whats her problem??

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good one Soroush!

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
China has reduced the price of our junk steel by 60%. You do the math.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You guys want humor? I'll derail this mother farkin' value thread further. I duped several of our esteemed forum members into thinking I had done a photo shoot with my car and the other two heritage editions. I texted them these pics and put them on social media. Convinced them that Ford Performance had added #9 decals to the Gulf heritage car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 330

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Then I confessed....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 333

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
It even got better when one of our forum members in Sweden did a little Photoshopping. Now appearing in Japanese theaters....
Starring some interesting folks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 333

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
That is great Ajai!! The "movie poster" is really creative as well.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Great looking dog!

very cool photo!