One of One arrives.....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I liked the yellow and it was second on my choice list after Tungsten. I really liked it. Very visible. Every since I saw the pictures here of Chip's car. But the boss said it was "too loud". When I found the Heritage I couldn't pass it up but I have to think the Gulf colors are much more "eye catching" than the yellow would have been.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
BTW - NICE STABLE of FoMoCo products........ Couple others here also have Boss9's... and the 00R has to be a blast!

Thank You
There is nothing like a Boss9. I love mine and drive it all the time. Roughly 50 miles last week.
The R is a monster on the track.
I'll have the R at the SAAC show in June if anyone is going.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I second that. I've had a Shelby Mustang, a Shelby CSX Cobra and now the GT. It is by far the most fun I've ever had sitting in public with my clothes on. Drive it. Forget miles per gallon, thing about smiles per mile!

I threw a buddy's dealer plate on it so it has has seen the road already but just not much. And not much speed yet as I am taking it easy knowing these take some time getting used to.
"Walk before you run."

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am taking it easy knowing these take some time getting used to.
"Walk before you run."

You are a truely wise man, Grasshopper. :cool

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats! Everytime I see a yellow GT I like it more and more.

Awesome score. Yellow was produced in such low volume yet I think it will be remembered as the iconic color of the concept car.

Guys,....the ONLY color I wanted was yellow. That's what took so freakin long. I was willing to go black but that just wasnt working out either. Then I had this epiphany that if I got black I would still be trolling EBAY for yellow and that was when I knew I had to shop exclusively for yellow.

Bigfoot,

When I decided to buy a Ford GT back in 2005 I wanted White or Red. I never even considered a faggoty yellow car. Then I came across a GT in Penski's showroom in North Scottsdale. It was yellow, used but looked brand new, and he wanted way over MSRP. My son Charley and I both loved the GT in that color. I went back the next day and looked at it for about an hour. That was it for me. From then on, yellow was the ONLY color I would buy. It took another 6 months before I made a deal on '06 #589 brand new at Sugarland Ford in Houston. Almost everybody who sees my GT says they like it and I absolutely love it. Only 74 yellow GTs were built in 2006 and not many more than that in 2005. There are twice as many Heritage GTs as yellow GTs. FlorIdaho Chris and Tim Cantwell both bought yellow GTs after following mine from AZ to CA for Rally II. Welcome to a very small club.

Chip

Attachments

• #34 no b.jpg
    #34 no b.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 157
  • 2010 Texas Mile Best.jpg
    2010 Texas Mile Best.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 2 Yellow GTs.jpg
    2 Yellow GTs.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 156

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The sticker as shown by AJB was placed over the gap of the clamshell. The sticker is ripped, as yours is, if the clamshell was opened, prior to removing the sticker.

Welcome abord! As we have discussed, hope we cross paths some day.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Thanks for all the kind words my friends.
I do track the R so there is a good chance of meeting up down the road.
I am at Watkins Glen several times a year so give me a heads up if you are ever going up there.
Be good

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I liked the yellow and it was second on my choice list after Tungsten. I really liked it. Very visible. Every since I saw the pictures here of Chip's car. But the boss said it was "too loud". When I found the Heritage I couldn't pass it up but I have to think the Gulf colors are much more "eye catching" than the yellow would have been.

Hmmm. Yellow too loud but Heritage more eye-catching ...so Lets go with Heritage. Not following that logic but ...you would win either way. Both are great.

My next GT will be YELLOW! Yum!

BF I will also be at SAAC in June.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Very pretty car. Makes me want another too! It looks really fresh, how many miles?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hmmm. Yellow too loud but Heritage more eye-catching ...so Lets go with Heritage. Not following that logic but ...you would win either way. Both are great.

Yes, that's the point. But I guess in the end there is no "under the radar screen" color for a GT. What I used to call "arrest me red" is now "arrest me blue", but really, "arrest me GT". :)

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Very pretty car. Makes me want another too! It looks really fresh, how many miles?

About 8000 miles.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
BF I will also be at SAAC in June.

Wax
I will be there with the R. I don't think I will bring anything else.
What are you bringing and have you been to the Glen before?
Biggie

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Modify it & drive it until you take your last breath. Life is too short for us to be caretakers of museum pieces.

Ed

PS Conrats Bigfoot!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Modify it & drive it until you take your last breath. Life is too short for us to be caretakers of museum pieces.

Ed

PS Conrats Bigfoot!

Living rooms come to mind? :lol

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast

Ed

PS Conrats Bigfoot!

A few years back I drove one of my vehicles over 1000 miles round trip to one of our annual conventions.
No spare dizzy. No spare anything.
It was awesome.
Another time 500-600 miles.
So it will not collect dust............

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Congrats BIGFOOT, awesome car. Yellow was my first choice when I started searching the market. I was looking at two cars for a potential purchase, a Yellow and a Tungsten, I went with the Tungsten because it only had 43 miles and the Yellow had over 1000. Still want one though.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Wax
I will be there with the R. I don't think I will bring anything else.
What are you bringing and have you been to the Glen before?
Biggie

May bring up my son's '07 Shelby GT. Ford Racing intake, cams, LT headers, CAI, larger FR throttle body, revised gearing, Shelby LCAs, front 4 piston Brembos, Shelby 20" razor wheels.

I'm sure he'll still be following that R around the track though.

No, we have never been to the Glen before. Looking forward to visiting such a historic track.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN

Ed

PS Conrats Bigfoot!

Here, here! What he said.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
congrats on a beautiful Ford GT!!! Yellow has always been my favorite :biggrin

When we first starting looking it was the only choice for me as well. I was able to get one through my local dealer, who brought in a brand new model from another dealership. It came in all wrapped in plastic with all the original stickers which also had the one on the B-pillar.

Welcome to the forum!

:cheers

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Great car and I am one of the yellow lovers. 5 years ago I found the my red one and still think racing red is on top but after seeing a yellow one in person kind of became obsessed and the hunt began. Congrats and enjoy, above all be safe.

Attachments

• IMGP1886.jpg
    IMGP1886.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 72