Texas Miles

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
yep, the white and blue cars ruled the day (except for the one black car and yes the blathering will start and rightfully so for our buddy Soroursh) so the "red is fastest" is debunked. :)

My best run was 215.889. I guarantee a run into the 220's on Friday or Saturday.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It was beyond hot today. It was about as bad as it could have possibly been. It was 96 degrees with a heat index near 110*, and we had a decent crosswind blowing slightly as a headwind. If we had had the weather shift one day forward we would have seen everyone pick up 10+ mph easily.

Either way, congrats to:

Soroush 217 mph (oh god let the blathering begin :lol )
jbsteven 216 mph(?)
DBK 207 mph
Cody@A.R.T 206 mph (on a very easy shakedown run with a soft launch)
tmcphail 206 mph

and I know MarkH was also over 200, but it was hard to tell if it were him or jbsteven with both of their Hennessey GT1000's, so I didn't catch his exact number. Those things really performed awesome today.

If nothing else, we can conclude that red cars being the fastest is definitely bullshit, and it is CLEARLY white cars with blue stripes that haul the most ass (jbsteven, MarkH and myself). And I heard someone white blue that is awsum hit 200 today too. Bitches. :lol

dbk ......why don't you tell everyone how you really feel!:biggrin

btw .... when's the Utube teaser going to be unveiled? :eek

Also need to give a BIG THANK YOU to Team Jeff for loaning me wheels/tires and jack so I could get out and play at the Mile after my tire got puntured and went flat. And also to Frank Pikul for use of his torque wrench.

Jeff and Frank got me to the Starting line. Pully & Tune got me to 177!

Our GT's are so special and so are their owners!:cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats to soroush for the overall win and further congrats to everyone who participated. Sounds a great time was had by all!! :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It was beyond hot today. It was about as bad as it could have possibly been. It was 96 degrees with a heat index near 110*, and we had a decent crosswind blowing slightly as a headwind. If we had had the weather shift one day forward we would have seen everyone pick up 10+ mph easily.

Either way, congrats to:

Soroush 217 mph (oh god let the blathering begin :lol )
jbsteven 216 mph(?)
DBK 207 mph
Cody@A.R.T 206 mph (on a very easy shakedown run with a soft launch)
tmcphail 206 mph

and I know MarkH was also over 200, but it was hard to tell if it were him or jbsteven with both of their Hennessey GT1000's, so I didn't catch his exact number. Those things really performed awesome today.

If nothing else, we can conclude that red cars being the fastest is definitely bullshit, and it is CLEARLY white cars with blue stripes that haul the most ass (jbsteven, MarkH and myself). And I heard someone white blue that is awsum hit 200 today too. Bitches. :lol

DBK, sanjay(doctorV8), and jason(Jbstevens)

what blathering?:wink

Im not gona say anything!

Oh F**K that!
look at my torque ccccuuuuurrrrvvvveeee bitches!

jason I just wanted you to know what ever you run today, just remember to add 2 to it and you will successfully calculate what I would run:rofl

teasing aside, it was a great day, lot of fun even though it was extremely hot and cars were slower than the other times we have been at the mile. every one did great and Im happy to say all were safe and other than a couple of mishaps with some cars everything went smoothly. I managed to get a stern talking too after my run but all was ok at the end.:thumbsup

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
yep, the white and blue cars ruled the day (except for the one black car and yes the blathering will start and rightfully so for our buddy Soroursh) so the "red is fastest" is debunked. :)

My best run was 215.889. I guarantee a run into the 220's on Friday or Saturday.

CONGRATS to all and especially SOROUSH!

Ah, but all the white and blue cars had to be modified to beat the reds:biggrin. Anyone can throw money and add horsepower/torque,:wink,....red is the fastest stock.:thumbsup...also CHOSEN from white, silver, & red to be driven by Lloyd Ruby.:cheers

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
All I have to say is that a Whipple powered FGT was proven to be the fastest in the mile and Soroush has proven that he owns the fastest FGT! :thumbsup

As a side not to Frank, Stormcat had the fastest pulley and tune car at 185+ and it was a tungsten. He knew better than to bring his slower red car.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Bugs won the Texas Mile Yesterday! Everyones GT is covered with Butterflys from Goliad to Austin. Tomy Hamon

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
All I have to say is that a Whipple powered FGT was proven to be the fastest in the mile and Soroush has proven that he owns the fastest FGT! :thumbsup

As a side not to Frank, Stormcat had the fastest pulley and tune car at 185+ and it was a tungsten. He knew better than to bring his slower red car.

what was the speed of the fastest whipple powered car?

what kind of tires was Stormcat running?

Mar 15, 2006
Congrats to all of you who ran the mile! Those are some great speeds in less than optimal conditions.

See you guys at the dinner tonight in Austin.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
what was the speed of the fastest whipple powered car?

what kind of tires was Stormcat running?

Soroush at 217! Soroush did that on GY tires!

I believe Stormcat was running the Bridgestone Scuderias.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
217 mph with a whipple on the stock tires :eek

that is AWESOME :bow

especially when you consider the atmospheric conditions......

Mar 15, 2006
Jason Stevens just ran 219.9 mph in his GT TT / SC! Way to go Joe Dirt!

Mar 15, 2006
217 mph with a whipple on the stock tires :eek

that is AWESOME :bow

especially when you consider the atmospheric conditions......

Soroush brought his own atmospheric conditions in a bottle! Still an incredible number even with nitrous. :cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
White and Blue (when seen by the laser :rofl)

Pulley, 91 octane tune, Bridgestones

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Someone should put together a full length Blueray DVD of this event. Where do I send the check?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
White and Blue (when seen by the laser :rofl)

Pulley, 91 octane tune, Bridgestones

was this run made yesterday or today?

and if it was done today what are the conditions like?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Soroush brought his own atmospheric conditions in a bottle! Still an incredible number even with nitrous. :cheers

smart man :thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Jason Stevens just ran 219.9 mph in his GT TT / SC! Way to go Joe Dirt!

thanks!

She has a little left in her. Hope the winds change to a tailwind.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
was this run made yesterday or today?

and if it was done today what are the conditions like?

he ran that on Thursday in 150 degree Texas heat.....it was hot. :lol

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
SW just ran a 243 in his Supra with smoke coming out the rear at the mile mark