Texas Miles

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
how much nitrous was Soroush spraying and what gears did he use it in?

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oh, man. I was just gonna tell Soroush - we are not worthy.
But now Jason has blasted a 219 - you guys rock! And so do your cars!
And a 243 in a Supra? Wow! More details whenever you can, please.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
how much nitrous was Soroush spraying and what gears did he use it in?

Hey freddy, Im running a 150 shot, I sprayed just enough to get past 215 which was jasons best time yesterday:biggrin

this morning in much better atmospheric conditions he has run a 219 that is fast! I know:wink way to go Jason:cheers

and for sw thats on a whole different level, but we are slowly creeping up :lol

good luck on whoever is running today and keep it safe.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
new personal best.....

4.65 seconds 60-130 mph
18.65 seconds 0-200 mph

speed 222.039

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
here is my run, just to put in it perspective, I did not have the proper safty equipment to run over 190 mph, I know I was going to get kick out once I made my pass over 190, the weather yesterday was extremely hot, and regardless of "atmosphere in a bottle" when the IAT's go up everyone loses quite a bit of power my car is no different, I completely bogged off the line and lost about thirty to forty feet(bc of big lopey cams) but once I was back on she ran well to hit 217.9 on one of the hottest days the mile has seen so far:wink I wish I was there today to see what she could do as evidenced by my good friends run JBstevens, without changing anything on his car since yesterday he has pick up 7 miles per hour, he went from 215 to 222. thats awsome congrats jason,:cheers

I wish I was there:wink but Im having too much fun hanging out with my gt buddies here in austin. :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zDSCVuQvo

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hell yeah man !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
new personal best.....

4.65 seconds 60-130 mph
18.65 seconds 0-200 mph

speed 222.039

badass! now go for 225!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
It was yesterday. Let's just say, you definitely understand the "dry heat" joke after standing out there. It was HOT. Even my face is sunburned - and that is coming from AZ :biggrin

Yesterday we cooked, today I had the heater on. It should be a good day there.

he ran that on Thursday in 150 degree Texas heat.....it was hot. :lol

was this run made yesterday or today?

and if it was done today what are the conditions like?

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
new personal best.....

4.65 seconds 60-130 mph
18.65 seconds 0-200 mph

speed 222.039

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Very Impressive!!! Suffice to say I would think that you are very happy with your TT upgrade!! :lol :cheers

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
:thumbsup:thumbsup

Very Impressive!!! Suffice to say I would think that you are very happy with your TT upgrade!! :lol :cheers

thanks and yes that is a understatement.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
All I have to say is that a Whipple powered FGT was proven to be the fastest in the mile and Soroush has proven that he owns the fastest FGT! :thumbsup

As a side not to Frank, Stormcat had the fastest pulley and tune car at 185+ and it was a tungsten. He knew better than to bring his slower red car.

Yes Frank, Sorry Helenor is the " Fast Cat " of the litter...:biggrin
I was pleased as punch. My conservative Pulley and Tuned car ran 185.327 MPH in a late morning run just before lunch and I backed it up in a late afternoon run with a 185.106 MPH .. I only gave up 2 tenths of a MPH with all the heat !! It was great to take down some of the Whipple guys !! ...:biggrin Fun was had by all...:thumbsup

As a follow up note : Any speeds recorded on Friday could not even be compared to the speeds on Thursday. It is at least 20 degrees cooler today ( Friday ) We ran in some brutal heat yesterday. :ack

Attachments

• IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes Frank, Sorry Helenor is the " Fast Cat " of the litter...:biggrin
I was pleased as punch. My conservative Pulley and Tuned car ran 185.327 MPH in a late morning run just before lunch and I backed it up in a late afternoon run with a 185.106 MPH .. I only gave up 2 tenths of a MPH with all the heat !! It was great to take down some of the Whipple guys !! ...:biggrin Fun was had by all...:thumbsup

As a follow up note : Any speeds recorded on Friday could not even be compared to the speeds on Thursday. It is at least 20 degrees cooler today ( Friday ) We ran in some brutal heat yesterday. :ack

Yeah Brian has a super conservative tune alright I wonder where that came from :lol:lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yeah Brian has a super conservative tune alright I wonder where that came from :lol:lol

Yes, Torrie, be expecting some calls.. I told them to sak you for the " STORMCAT " tune .... :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Whats funny is that is the name of the file in my database for it :biggrin

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Does anyone know if the PPR white/blue stripes car out of Fl was there? Just curious to see what it ran, as i seen last weekend they only got 220 out of it in FL at that mile deal and they said it made 1384rwhp. Should go alot faster than that.

Congrats to soroush and the rest of you guys that is flying. :cheers

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Congrats to Jason and the rest for those great runs. I know Jason must be thinking how much better of a run he could've had if the conditions were like it was Saturday in March. Maybe 230...?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Congrats to Jason and the rest for those great runs. I know Jason must be thinking how much better of a run he could've had if the conditions were like it was Saturday in March. Maybe 230...?

I believe if the wind conditions were like the March Mile I would be all over the 230mph mark with Saroush at 2 mph less than me if we was even here to run. :lol

There was a red GT running in 180's today and Cody in the camo GT did not have a good run. Hopefully he will be ready for the morning. No other GT's ran today.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Congrats on hitting 220 Jason.

Do we need to be registered for the weekend to run again? or does our registration from Thursday carry over?

I'll be there tomorrow hoping to make a pass.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I believe if the wind conditions were like the March Mile I would be all over the 230mph mark with Saroush at 2 mph less than me if we was even here to run. :lol

There was a red GT running in 180's today and Cody in the camo GT did not have a good run. Hopefully he will be ready for the morning. No other GT's ran today.

was the guy with the red gt from arizona?

if so he is runnin a pulley + tune & exhaust on hoosier slicks

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Does anyone know if the PPR white/blue stripes car out of Fl was there? Just curious to see what it ran, as i seen last weekend they only got 220 out of it in FL at that mile deal and they said it made 1384rwhp. Should go alot faster than that.

Congrats to soroush and the rest of you guys that is flying. :cheers

i see the driver in the vid shorted shifted his last 2 gears. he claims he went 228 mph on another pass but has no evidence of it that i have seen :shrug

that GT seems certainly capable of 228 mph to me though if he doesn't short shift it in the higher gears