2006 Tungsten Ford GT - modifying

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Hello All:

Well I think it is finally time for me to introduce myself. I have been lurking around the forum for a while and haven't posted any information about my GT.

In 2008 I purchased a 2006 Ford GT in the US and brought it into Canada just before Xmas. Recently I completed all the inspections and registered the GT. :banana But not much good that does right now because we are still getting snow storms! :ack

My GT has all 4 options and 1570 miles on the odometer.

Any way, I'm sure many of you can understand when I say that, I can not own a vehicle and simply leave it alone. I must "tweak" it regardless of its age and/or value. I am addicted to modifications! So let the wrenchin' begin!!!

Since becomming a member I have had the opportunity to chat with many forum members. It has been a real pleasure and I look forward to meeting many of you in the near future. :cheers

Here is a list of the modifications I plan to do.

Stainless Works Headers from Shadowman

Water Methanol Injection - custom

Supercharger - smaller diameter pulley from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning

Short Shifter from Ford Racing

Rims - paint different color

Tires - Bridgestone Potenza

Tune - from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning

Sub-woofer relocation from Shadowman

Here are pictures of the car before the mods.

32748250003_large.jpg

32748250005_large.jpg

32748250004_large.jpg

32748250006_large.jpg

32748250010_large.jpg

32748250007_large.jpg

32748250008_large.jpg

32748250009_large.jpg

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Removed the seats and center console so I could get at the shifter.

32748250012_large.jpg

32748250013_large.jpg

32748250014_large.jpg

32748250016_large.jpg

32748250017_large.jpg

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Welcome aboard from here in FL, 78 Degrees today. Nice car:thumbsup
David:cheers

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Welcome aboard from here in FL, 78 Degrees today. Nice car:thumbsup David:cheers

How about we trade geographical locations? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great pics, tell us more about the methanol injection and post some pics please.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Good choice on using Torrie for your pulley & tune... I've been very please with the stuff he's done for me on both my GT & Mustang.

mardyn

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Beautiful Car!!

Have fun, I am headed to play golf all weekend! 80+ here.

Has anyone noticed that no matter how few miles are on any car when you look at the pictures the rear tires seem to have many more miles than the odometer? Maybe these odometers are off!!!! Thats what I am trying to convince my wife is the problem that I need new tires already. Had the car 7 weeks and put 1700 miles on it!!!

Larry

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
great pics, tell us more about the methanol injection and post some pics please.

Happy to hear that you like the pics. :thumbsup I will be continually posting pics throughout the build process. I will document everything that I am doing so others can follow along.

Here is a link to my Viper GTS Venom 550 Hennessey build on the Viper Club website. This will give all members an idea of what to expect as far as pictures and documentation. http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-96-viper-gts-venom-550-making-more-mods.html

I am still planning the methanol injection system. I am still trying to determine how many nozzles to install and the location. I have discussed methanol injection with many members on the Modular Fords forums. The consensus is that injecting methanol pre-blower does not work on twin screw applications. So I am considering injecting methanol post blower. In order to do that I will need to remove the intake manifold so I can install nozzles on the underside.

Stay tuned I will keep you all posted.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Beautiful Car!!

Have fun, I am headed to play golf all weekend! 80+ here.

Has anyone noticed that no matter how few miles are on any car when you look at the pictures the rear tires seem to have many more miles than the odometer? Maybe these odometers are off!!!! Thats what I am trying to convince my wife is the problem that I need new tires already. Had the car 7 weeks and put 1700 miles on it!!!

Larry

I removed layers of rubber from the wheel well liners. :eek

No clubs here...just shoveling and more shoveling :willy

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Welcome, it's nice to see another person doing the methanol injection. When my Blue X1 comes back from Bernard, I will have the Snow Performance system installed with a 2 1/2 gallon tank in the new trunk. That should help me do more than two hot laps around the track!

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Good choice on using Torrie for your pulley & tune... I've been very please with the stuff he's done for me on both my GT & Mustang.

mardyn

I have spoken with Torrie many times. I look forward to working with him. :thumbsup

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I would think that you would be implementing methanol injection to cool the inlet air due to the alcohol's heat-of-vaporization just prior to introduction into the cylinder. Thus it certainly makes more sense IMO to squirt downstream of the intercooler. This way you get a "second" intercooler of sorts and help boost engine volumetric efficiency.

I agree, to inject the methanol upstream of the supercharger does not make any sense.....

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I would think that you would be implementing methanol injection to cool the inlet air due to the alcohol's heat-of-vaporization just prior to introduction into the cylinder. Thus it certainly makes more sense IMO to squirt downstream of the intercooler. This way you get a "second" intercooler of sorts and help boost engine volumetric efficiency.

I agree, to inject the methanol upstream of the supercharger does not make any sense.....

I have gained some real live data from members of the Modular Fords forum that have proven that it does not work pre blower (twin screw).

They found that the methanol gets heated up when injected pre blower. Therefore eliminating the "cooling" effect.

But the guys at Snow Performance suggest that the best place to inject is pre blower.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
But the guys at Snow Performance suggest that the best place to inject is pre blower.

We'll soon find out. I'll have testing on the car done before, and after. I was hoping to have it for the GT School, but delay's on the trunk have killed that idea. What kind of live data were they providing? I'd like to know so that I could duplicate the tests on the GT, and report back to the group.

Aug 25, 2006
All I can say is welcome and it is about time that you presented yourself and your gal to the Forum

She looks great and knowing of you what I do of you your attention to detail will be wonderful

Takes care

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have spoken with Torrie many times. I look forward to working with him. :thumbsup

Yeah I think I emailed you once or twice in the past right Jay :lol

Car looks great !!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a fun project for you. I especially like your choice in color. :thumbsup :cheers

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
We'll soon find out. I'll have testing on the car done before, and after. I was hoping to have it for the GT School, but delay's on the trunk have killed that idea. What kind of live data were they providing? I'd like to know so that I could duplicate the tests on the GT, and report back to the group.

I too am planning to use a Snow Performance system. Where did you locate the nozzles (before or after blower)?

As for testing, some of the Modular Ford members dyno'ed there cars without the methanol injection to get a baseline. Then they installed a Snow Performance methanol injection system (pre blower) and didn't make any more power regardless of the many tunes they tried.

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
All I can say is welcome and it is about time that you presented yourself and your gal to the Forum

She looks great and knowing of you what I do of you your attention to detail will be wonderful

Takes care

Shadowman

And you Mr. Shadowman have been a HUGE help to me already. :thumbsup You helped me every step of the way when installing the SW headers and Ford Racing short shifter. Not to mention all my other GT questions. You are a tremendous asset to the GT community! :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
there is a car here in houston tungsten w stripes, that has met injection on it, it is the autograph car, one that was at the texas mile last year, it showcased on super cars exposed, apperantly it was making 850rwhp and ran the mile at 205, there is a video of it lurking around here somewhere, they have the nozzle under the supercharger blades above the intercooler, and I believe there they are using two nozzles, good luck on your progress, and please post some the results before and after:cheers