Woodward Avenue

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Was on Woodward last night with the BlackShelbyGT500 Mustang. Bumper to bumper for 5 miles.! Lawns chairs , thousands of people out already. Spotted 2 Ford GTs.... one Red, one Midnight Blue.
Not even a place to pull of and park.
Tents and Bands already in place and entertaining.
Royal Oak and Birmingham's Finest already on alert. :):)

May take the FGT over tonight...

andy (ajb)

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I always liked that cruise, tons of cars... A little too close to the Rally this year for us to go. Enjoy, see ya next week. Eric

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep a couple of GTs doing the loop on woodward last night. Roush has his big open house tonight (Thursday 8/13) 4:00-?? . I will be there with a GT. very nice event every year. will have his car museum open.Lots of cars show up as well. Also will be crusing woodward early Saturday morning and hanging out at the private lot of Royal Oak Ford used car and collision shop by 13 mile. supposed to have a lot full of SOHC 427 cars. there is room to park between the curb and sidewalk if you're not going to stay in the lot for the day. hope to see a few of you guys there. See Brad in the back at the shop or John and Elaine Vermeersch in the front lot on Woodward. they charge a fee for the day but that includes tents on woodward for viewing, lunch, early dinner and private bathrooms. well worth it.

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Lynn & I are going tonight in the GT. Should be on Woodward around 7 ish

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I will watch for you guys..... It will be even crazier tonite..
andy (ajb)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
if you guys have time or it gets too crazy out there, swing by Roush on Market St. off Plymouth Rd. in Livonia. should be good too

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
if you guys have time or it gets too crazy out there, swing by Roush on Market St. off Plymouth Rd. in Livonia. should be good too

What time does it get going there? May swing out if I get back into town soon enough.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Looks like it starts at 5:00 PM but I'm guesiing there will be cars a lot earlier than that.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You Guys are really getting a Big jump on the rest of us by starting Rally 10 11 1/2 Days Early. Ya'll need to wait for Ralphie after all he's driving as fast as he can as we speak to get there.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
He would have to drive very fast.... The official Woodward Dream Cruise day is this Saturday so maybe he can make it....
They are predicting 450,000 Classic and special vehicles (Like our FGT's) and approximately 1.5 million people to attend.
Same route as always... Pontiac to a bit south of 9mile...

andy (ajb)

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
He would have to drive very fast.... The official Woodward Dream Cruise day is this Saturday so maybe he can make it....
They are predicting 450,000 Classic and special vehicles (Like our FGT's) and approximately 1.5 million people to attend.
Same route as always... Pontiac to a bit south of 9mile...

andy (ajb)

How many cars ?????

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How many cars ?????

A lot!

Ed

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
who's white GT at Roush last night?? never seen so many cars at a Roush open house. got some good pics of some prototype GTs in his museum.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Sorry for the typo... did not mean to get everyone too excited... official number for 2015 is 40,000-45,000.... not 450,000 :):)
So , If Ralphie makes it in time,, it will be 40,001.

andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Went 2 years ago, never had so much fun driving a mile in 2.5 hours! Woodward is busy all summer. Be great still in a week or so when we are all there!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
we should do a gt woodward drive

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sorry for the typo... did not mean to get everyone too excited... official number for 2015 is 40,000-45,000.... not 450,000 :):)
So , If Ralphie makes it in time,, it will be 40,001.

andy (ajb)

Not coming to Woodword Dream Cruise - spent last night in Winchester, KY, on my way to visit a cousin in VA.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
we should do a gt woodward drive

I'm in!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
there's a good Italian restaurant right on woodward with lots of good parking for our GTs. easy drive. let me know if we should put a group together or just wait to see what happens. would be fun

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Whats a good day to go.I arrive on sat