Woodward Avenue

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
there's a good Italian restaurant right on woodward with lots of good parking for our GTs. easy drive. let me know if we should put a group together or just wait to see what happens. would be fun

Maybe a pre-rally Monday evening?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Whats a good day to go.I arrive on sat

Any day. As long as the weather is still decent there are cars out every night after 7 PM.

The dream cruise itself is tedious. Way better before or after. Cops are not particularly friendly south of 14 mile.

If you want to depart from the garage, I'm less than 5 minutes off Woodward.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
5 minutes off woodward and no garage Dream Cruise Party ??? WTH lol! Dave you are absolutely correct . The dream cruise is tedious unless you have private space but even then, I was home by noon. too much

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
If they could keep the mini-vans, Honda civics, and Chevy pickups off Woodward, it would leave alot more room for the real cruisers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The lifted trucks is what drove me nuts. Nothing like a jacked up F-250 with it's side pipe aimed straight in your window for 45 minutes. I'm sure that's what a million people attend to see.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You have rednecks in Detroit?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes. Lots.

29golj8.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Isn't that the GTGuys?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes. Lots.

29golj8.jpg

To each his own...but...:facepalm:

(That truck qualifies for SOOOOOOOO many tickets here in Washington State you wouldn't believe it. Bumper height, headlight height, no mud flaps - the list is endless...)

Do you suppose there's a rope ladder on each side of that rig to facilitate entry & exit?

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hell I thought that picture was taken in Houston, Texas. Wouldn't I look good trying to throw Sue up into that Truck. That's what Was all around me when I took my GT to Houston to our luncheon two weeks ago. I was a nervous wreck and also couldn't breath for the fumes. Bubba's out everywhere and most here have never been in 4 Wheel drive but they have it. Crazy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
When I was younger I drove a 1979 F250 that my brother dropped a 429 in. It had huge knobby tires and a welded chain steering wheel about 1' in diameter. I always wondered why it handled funny.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I always wondered why it handled funny.

I don't care WHO y'are - 'at thar's funny right thar! (Again: apologies to Larry the Cable Guy.)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Let's plan a dinner cruise Monday night. Pasquales on Woodward has plenty of good parking and is a big restaurant to accomodate a lot of people. 6:00 gathering at the hotel?? just asking.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Perfect. Amy and I are in. Thanks Scott!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I'm coming back from Esoteric Detail in Columbus that day. Car is getting full color correction treatment on Sunday and Monday, but if I get back in time I'm in!