Wheel/Tire Size

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
Has anyone seen what the wheel/tire size is for the car? I saw that the GT350R is going to have 11" Wide Wheels in the front and 11.5" wheels in the back. I looked at a new Viper last week and the tire size for the back wheels was a 355. I am just curious what sort of rubber these will have. I was able to put a deposit down Monday on my dealer's first allocation so I just want to get as much spec data as possible....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone seen what the wheel/tire size is for the car? I saw that the GT350R is going to have 11" Wide Wheels in the front and 11.5" wheels in the back. I looked at a new Viper last week and the tire size for the back wheels was a 355. I am just curious what sort of rubber these will have. I was able to put a deposit down Monday on my dealer's first allocation so I just want to get as much spec data as possible....

First ??? How does your dealer even know they will get a car??? secondly cars will have a 325-30-20 tire on the rear and 245 on the front for now. This could change before car is produced!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Front: 245/35/20
Rear: 325/30/20

Depending on who the dealer is, it's extremely unlikely that the promised allocation ever comes to fruition.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hope your deposit wasn't much money because at this point your Dealer can't guarantee anything. Not a smart move at all and I was a Ford Dealer for 48 years and would never take a deposit on a vehicle until I had an allocation from Ford in my hand. Thats my 2 cents.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
do the math..... 300 per year globally, that means 50 - 100 outside the USA. so 200-250 USA cars.... How many US dealers (something like 3100 Dealers in the US) I bet no state gets more than 10-15 cars. this car is so new there is no way the dealers have a clue how many they are getting. Plus the fact that in 2005 a lot of dealers kept the cars for themselves... I went and saw it yesterday....wow .... but they should name it Unicorn. I am more worried about getting the car, your already looking for new tires... I must just be a Glass half empty type guy....

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
The dealer that I work with is one of the largest in my state. They had gotten two or three GT's last time around and presold them to customers. They are a great local dealer. I have purchased two 2014 GT500's, a 2014 Raptor, and a 2015 F150 in the last year and few months from them. They don't hold onto cars and sell a huge volume of vehicles. I also know I can trust their word. My deposit wasn't what I would consider crazy. It was enough to show that I am serious.

I was just curious about the wheels because I am a detail and information junkie!!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I agree with Tommie who obviously has a lot of prior experience in this arena.

I do not think Ford yet has any distribution plan worked out for this car. Wishful thinking to be on a dealer "list" and have deposit money on a promise.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
But if OP had the money sitting in the bank earning .0000001% interest anyway, it is worth a gamble, even at 100 to 1 odds for the dealer to get an allocation, even in the second year of production. But OP did you get anything in writing if the car will be sold to you at MSRP?

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
But if OP had the money sitting in the bank earning .0000001% interest anyway, it is worth a gamble, even at 100 to 1 odds for the dealer to get an allocation, even in the second year of production. But OP did you get anything in writing if the car will be sold to you at MSRP?

It will definitely not be MSRP, but I do know what the dealer markup will be and it will definitely not be as high as some of the people are speculating. Nor will it be as high as other people paid the last time around for the early cars. They want to keep as many of the cars in the area as possible because they see them as Ford does, halo cars to wow the public.

I agree with you regarding the interest thing. Any investments are risky. I am not buying this car as an investment. Past performance does not guarantee current or future performance. (Although it can help...) When we were discussing the markup amounts, I told the dealer there was no way I was paying some super high 100K or whatever markup based on the last gen car prices. Right now I see a bunch for sale on eBay at 259K+ prices. That's about 100k over MSRP original for the 4 option cars. If I paid 100K over now based on past trends, the dealer would make the "investment" profit for the next 10 years. So we agreed on 99,999.99... just kidding. It actually is in the lower 5 figures, but I understand supply and demand. It would stink if 1200 cars are built this round and I miss out because I wasn't willing to pay what I felt the car was worth.

In the end, I told the dealer that based on what the car is, looks wise and technology, I have a value number that I put on the car. If the car is available to me at that number based on MSRP and/or their markup, then I am ok. I price the things that I buy based on what I like, want, and the value I apply on it. I don't care about other people's opinions. In the end, everything in life is temporary and can disappear in a moment. People, Business, Cars, Houses, Money, etc... My attitude is to enjoy and take care of what I have in those categories while they are with me. When I am done, I will have no regrets.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I agree,,, I hope you get it,,,, drive it like you stole it... enjoy it

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well done Stew!