what is a gt worth?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I can buy another Heritage (all 4) on MSO with 55 miles for under $200k. What do you guys think?

I think you should do it for $189K!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
scrap metal value $1.00 per lb of aluminum... I will check with pic a part and revert

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Seriously, if it makes you happy, buy it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
scrap metal value $150

Bony, I think it would be worth a little more than that, aluminum scape is about $1/lb. I think the GT has more than 150 lbs of Al just in the block!

http://www.metalprices.com/#

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I've been doing research regarding the purchase of a Ferrari F430 (To keep the GT company, not to replace it) and in the course of that research, I've come across some actual sale prices of five or six GTs in the last several months. Looks like a car (red, white, tungsten) with average miles (3000 or so) will sell pretty quickly for around original sticker. Some go a little higher.

4000 cars is a pretty small market for any car, when you consider Ferrari churns out around 6000 cars a year. Having said that, it all depends on the individual buyer's desire to own the car the the seller's desire to unload it.

The good news is that the cars are gaining a reputation for being scarce commodities. Let's keep it that way!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
4000 cars is a pretty small market for any car, when you consider Ferrari churns out around 6000 cars a year.

The F car market is much larger though. While there are many F car enthusiasts, many F car buyers want the car for a trophey to show off. The GT is an enthusiast's car, and while the general public loves them, many of the snobs that the Ferrari brand attract have nothing nice to say about the GT.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
The GT is an enthusiast's car, and while the general public loves them, many of the snobs that the Ferrari brand attract have nothing nice to say about the GT.

Agreed, but remember that the only view most F car drivers get of the GT are the two round tail lights. :wink Makes 'em so sad that they have to go home, wax their F car, and try to figure out a way to justify the 7.234 miles they just put on their pride and joy.

Do I really want to join the realm of the garage queens? Got to admit, though, the F430 is a great driver's car for the few who will actually use them...

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
4000 cars is a really small market in the big picture...

I have a prediction that the market will get some news that will drive the prices up even more :biggrin

Have found some cars in the 160's but compared to 6 months ago, that is up almost 20K (For the higher mileage cars)

Sub 500 mile cars are 180's and up...

Cheapest NEW car I found was 200 for a red 4 option car that 6 months ago I could have had for 160ish...

wow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Love your avatar, whose wheels are those? What tires??

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Many of the snobs that the Ferrari brand attract have nothing nice to say about the GT.

I've yet to hear anything negative from anyone about the Ford GT - I'd really like to hear something! Not because I'm spoiling for an argument, just merely curious about what genuine criticism could be levelled at it.

I would imagine that if you have a modern Ferrari as your single 'amusing' carriage, then the GT would be deeply irritating - merely because it's more reliable, more beautiful and quite possibly faster. I was very happy to leave my Murcielago to step into a GT.

The GT is more fun than seeing the entire French air force crashing into a firework factory.

Sorry, I'm slightly biased. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neil,
Good points, as always. Besides the FGT being what it is, there does not appear to be a replacement on line. This changes the way folks feel about it, and the market. If it would be another F car or Lambo you know that the replacement is being planned years before the releases of the current models.
Cheers,
daniel

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I've yet to hear anything negative from anyone about the Ford GT - I'd really like to hear something! Not because I'm spoiling for an argument, just merely curious about what genuine criticism could be levelled at it.

I would imagine that if you have a modern Ferrari as your single 'amusing' carriage, then the GT would be deeply irritating - merely because it's more reliable, more beautiful and quite possibly faster. I was very happy to leave my Murcielago to step into a GT.

The GT is more fun than seeing the entire French air force crashing into a firework factory.

It's such a special car....

This past weekend we went to Belgium to watch the F1 GP.

Well I still have my US plates and I have no front plate. At the Dover's custom we got stopped by the French police.... (apparently illegal to drive in France without the front plate...)

Well the policeman eventually looks at me, asks if it is ok for him to take a pic, suggests me not to go too fast and lets me through (only for this time though... with a wink and big smile).

Also we stayed at some pretty nice Chateaux over the weekend... well we were asked to leave the car in front of the main entrance. There were a couple of Ferraris relegated to the side car park...
I felt a little sorry for them.... like for the guy that tried to stay with us in a Gallardo on the Autobhan...

I thought when I bought the car that I would drive it a bit, love it, but eventually get tired of its compromises (fuel comsumptio, visibility, lack of luggage space) and sell it...

As time goes by the little negative things make it even more special.... I hope I will never be in a position to have to sell the car!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey, Matteo, wouldn't France, just as a matter of common courtesy (oops! 'Forgot who we're talking about!), almost HAVE TO allow a "pass" on license requirements for foreign 'plated cars while they're in the country???

Or do things really work "differently" in Europe?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

You are being very generous, sir, in your obvious assumption that said air farce - force - would have had the talent to "take off' in the first place. :cheers

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West

I can help you there Neil my red car buddy. I have a car review where the gandydancer pilot found a severe flaw in the test car - he said the steering wheel was all wrong! What a Moron.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
I've been doing research regarding the purchase of a Ferrari F430

RESIST the temptation Mr. Mitty! If you want to put a lot of miles on it you will be required to get to know the service people of your local dealer on a regular basis. And buy them cheap perfume along with expensive bottles of brunello and barolo. If you're gonna go crazy, get a Smart car instead - at least then you can be p.c. and parking is never a problem (they come in a handy pocket size now).

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

The negative things said are usually just biased opinions, not based on facts. I always hear, the GT has horrible fit & finish, the leather is crappy, the paint is the same as a Focus, the engine is lifted out of an F150. They usually end their statements with, what would you rather drive, a Ford or a Ferrari. These are the guys that ruin the reputation of an Fcar owner.

Last edited:

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
The other day at the gym a Lambo dealer acquaintance of mine had an Italian visitor from the L. factory with him. In front of a bunch of guys he asked me, are you still driving that Viper or whatever it is? (he knows full well what it is). I said, "Of course, what else would I drive - it's the ultimate supercar." He rolled his eyes so I took up the challenge and said, "Look I never see my dealer except to chamge the oil, unlike your customers who are probably there for warranty service every month. And the GT not only has reliability it has proven racing heritage - when was the last time Lamborghini won a race - any race?" The other guys all laughed and that was the end of that. He's not speaking to me now - at least until the new Lambo models arrive again anyway!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
RESIST the temptation Mr. Mitty! If you want to put a lot of miles on it you will be required to get to know the service people of your local dealer on a regular basis. And buy them cheap perfume along with expensive bottles of brunello and barolo. If you're gonna go crazy, get a Smart car instead - at least then you can be p.c. and parking is never a problem (they come in a handy pocket size now).

All this fun, and I get to pay a premium way over sticker. Hmm. Sure am glad getting rid of the GT is not a part of the equation...that's what we would call the proverbial lose-lose.:bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...They usually end their statements with, what would you rather drive, a Ford or a Ferrari.

'Odd you should mention that! I just HAD that whole conversation at a car show not two weeks ago.

My response was, "Obviously I prefer the FORD. If I preferred a Farrari - I'd be DRIVING a Ferrari, wouldn't you think?"

Duhhhhh...:frown

(To be fair to F-car owners in general, I don't believe this particular guy owns/owned one. I think he's just a "fan".)