What have you learned about your NGT today??

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I learn d that you can open the trunk ( if you want to actually call it a trunk) from the button next to the headlight switch

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Blue Oval is completely recessed into the bodywork. Nice detail.

3DD7A611-A5EB-4757-8FB6-CC978F20A51F.jpegE37D9068-9FAE-4AAC-AD2E-8826D59B9DD3.jpeg

Reactions: DakotaGT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The sponson heat exchangers have additional venting into the rear wheel wells. And the wheel liners are split. Thankfully.

B1BA47C7-C14E-4C4B-884B-485FAD50BF2D.jpeg

A8C50A37-A0AF-4835-9B02-8230A74EEC0B.jpeg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the wheel liner material is substantially thinner and more flexible as compared to the 05 06 cars.. if you ever had to take one of those off you knew what a pia it was... the ngt is a lot easier to remove.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Memorial Weekend, Friday night display in Kemah, Texas! The kids love the New GT! Amazing to me that as much I have showed my GT in and around Houston there are so many people who haven’t seen one and ask “What Is It”? Passed out a dozen model cars and my favorite was a young lady 12 years old is a real car lady as her Father took 20 pictures in and around my GT! She was so excited sending the pictures to all her friends!View attachment 55832
Tommy, I think you posted this in the wrong thread. It should have been posted in "What have you done with your FGT lately?" and not in "What have you learned about your FGT today?"

Reactions: THamonGT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Upon car start up, until the cars hydraulic system is fully pressurized, dash will warn you of such, and track mode (car lowering) can not be enabled.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I learned today that you fit a water bottle between the seats vertically

Reactions: THamonGT

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I learned that Monica never says "no you can drive dear" like she did before with our 06 when I ask her if she wants to drive...:rolleyes:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good one Terry
Idea, don’t offer!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Andy / all -- correct..regarding the hydraulics pressurizing. For the first time on Saturday as I tried to back out of my driveway, the IP told me the "front Lift Mechanism is not operational". I could not 'lift' over the curb . so I had to back out carefully.
once warmed up it seems to work oK… but this is the first time I have received that message. (and I have backed out in very cold weather and many other times with no issue).
andy (ajb)

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Comfort mode, which I have never been able to discern any difference in ride, is disabled, a line crossed through it on the dash identical to cruise being off, at 92 mph and returns at 82.

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Can anyone tell me where I could get the best audio of the blow off valves? I’d like to record that sound.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
While cleaning the GT today after a blast through the Sierra Mountains I noticed how cool it is.

EdIMG_0915.jpg

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Can anyone tell me where I could get the best audio of the blow off valves? I’d like to record that sound.
Is that what you were trying to do here? View attachment 56238

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've learned to let the car idle & warm up for a few minutes then I'll wipe the water from the tail pipes. Other wise it'll drip unto the body & leave water marks. Not to mention the water marks inside the tailpipe next to the lip. It's only upon initial startup of the day. Subsequent startups are fine.

Ed

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I have the same issue as Ed mentioned. Also notice occasional clicking sound while car is parked in garage on charger.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I too have noticed that the cars "brain" wakes and sleeps what seems randomly. I believe when the clicks happen, the dash screen lights up as well.

I have the same issue as Ed mentioned. Also notice occasional clicking sound while car is parked in garage on charger.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Is that what you were trying to do here? View attachment 56238
Very funny Richard lol

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
If there is ANY doubt at an intersection, stop sign, driveway etc it could be to low raise that knose anyway. Heard a scrape taking off from a stop sign. Got lucky only frayed an inch of the wrap on the corner but it sounded worse when it happened.

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Heard a scrape taking of from a stop sign. Got lucky only frayed an inch of the wrap on the corner but it sounded worse when it happened.
I felt it just reading about it. Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Lol