What have you learned about your NGT today??

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Innovative, clever, frugal, good looking, ……..

Ha, ha. MacGyver's?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
OK, so what do they call people in Missouri who patch their cars together with duct tape? LOL

Depending on the color of the tape?
Out here in Cali if its red, they're
"plasterers", and you just know they didn't have to buy it, but pilfered a roll or two from their boss!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My GT is having a play day with the Flying GT Doctor today... 1st time we have been apart but it seems to be in good hands. Ready for Pebble Beach Concours week for sure. Tired of all the heat here in central California!

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I learned horse power > scooter power.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I learned horse power > scooter power.

View attachment 56949

Have you posted a picture of your car? I like the color.

Reactions: GEE-TEE

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Have you posted a picture of your car? I like the color.

Thank you. It is the same orange found on the ‘06 Heritage.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Good plan!9629D602-B91C-4861-9775-DF12DE4B32DF.jpeg

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thank you. It is the same orange found on the ‘06 Heritage.

View attachment 57032
Beautiful!

Reactions: BAT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yeah, that orange is an awesome base color.

The new GT has an oil priming/no ignition feature like the old GT. Apply the brake, FULLY depress the throttle, and press the start button. The starter stops automatically after about 5 seconds. I’ll point out that the service manual does not state this must be done after an oil change.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Yeah, that orange is an awesome base color.

The new GT has an oil priming/no ignition feature like the old GT. Apply the brake, FULLY depress the throttle, and press the start button. The starter stops automatically after about 5 seconds. I’ll point out that the service manual does not state this must be done after an oil change.
No mention of the need to do this anywhere in the factory oil change procedure

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Fun fact: While talking to the guys at the plant a couple of weeks ago, the small indent area on the front dash behind the display was called "the Birdcage" and had it to be covered with material because the glare on to the windshield was so great one couldn't see out the windshield.

Reactions: CJ428

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fun fact: While talking to the guys at the plant a couple of weeks ago, the small indent area on the front dash behind the display was called "the Birdcage" and had it to be covered with material because the glare on to the windshield was so great one couldn't see out the windshield.
I thought it was for your phone, wallet & keys.

Ed

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
Anyone else notice that there seems to be a lot of hot air around the car while driving? Driving with the windows down I get occasional hot air coming into the car on an otherwise cool day. I assume that's the radiators/intercoolers putting out enough heat to somehow make it's way into the cabin. I don't drive with the windows down as much cause of this.

Also- anyone else slam part of their ankle/foot into the carbon fiber piece at the bottom of the car behind the bottom of the door? I guess I am just not used to a piece of a car sticking out that far from the door opening. I've done it 5 times now. Ouch. Thank God the car is OK.

Finally, the first time I heard the blow off valve sound at speed - I thought I had a mad cartoon turkey in my engine yelling at me. Not the most attractive sound.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I too have noticed the heat with the windows down. This also happens with my 06 GT . I believe it to be Aerodynamics
Yes l to have hit my ankle on the same piece!

Reactions: JChoice

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Also- anyone else slam part of their ankle/foot into the carbon fiber piece at the bottom of the car behind the bottom of the door? I guess I am just not used to a piece of a car sticking out that far from the door opening. I've done it 5 times now. Ouch. Thank God the car is OK.

Yes, I have bruises on my ankles from hitting it more than once. Ouch is right!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
When parked UNLOCKED for about a week or more, opening the door with the key fob in pocket the alarm is still activated.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I noticed a red snowflake illuminated on the dash.

Ed

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I noticed a red snowflake illuminated on the dash.

Ed
It must be "cold" in CA. It goes on at temps below 40 if I recall. Mine was on for the entire drive home from KC when I saw Ford v. Ferrari.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Learned today, that when the key battery needs to be replaced, I will tell you VERY often on the dash....

EDIT, oh my its relentless, at least 10 times in a 25 minute drive this morning.

Last edited:

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Yep, mine did it a couple years ago. Way better than the old way when you get some where and it just doesn’t work anymore. Battery isn’t one the local quick stop caries so could be bad. I never use my spare but replaced it too.