What have you done with your new Ford GT?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
View attachment 68042
Got caught in a Flagstaff hailstorm and major highway construction(or deconstruction)
Hope your car made it thru without any damage

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Hope your car doesn't need any magic marker touchups.

Reactions: Ed Sims

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hail made a lot of noise, no damage. The ground up highway made a few ppf film cuts, and I was down to 35 mph.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hail made a lot of noise, no damage. The ground up highway made a few ppf film cuts, and I was down to 35 mph.
Better the PPF than the paint!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The challenge of starting your car up after it's return from oil and filter service, then seeing it only has a stated "8 miles" of range, and smoothly cruising over to the local fuel station using a hypermile-ing mentality. It's definitely not my habit nor intent to run so close to empty, as I don't want to strain the fuel pump - but does anyone know how much actual range remains after "0 miles" is indicated?

IMG_1040.jpgIMG_1042.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My 1st drive in our NGT (I mean the VERY 1st time), I was on 0 DTE for several miles getting to a station. Never been close since.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It lies all the time. I filled up and it said I had 202 miles. It said that for about 100 miles. Took a 400 mile trip the other day (200 up, 200 down) I did get 21.4 mpg on the way up and 22.3 on the way back (here in the flatlands) doing 80-85 all the way with some faster spots. I did have the wing down until it pops up on its own. I am fastidious with tracking mileage. I feel safe running the trip odometer to 300 miles before I fill up (up to 6700 miles now). Looks like I get a free car wash in Indy next weekend, so that will be another 4.5 hour trip.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The challenge of starting your car up after it's return from oil and filter service, then seeing it only has a stated "8 miles" of range, and smoothly cruising over to the local fuel station using a hypermile-ing mentality. It's definitely not my habit nor intent to run so close to empty, as I don't want to strain the fuel pump - but does anyone know how much actual range remains after "0 miles" is indicated?

View attachment 68067View attachment 68068
s aAdd bookmark
Fuel capacity is 15.2 gallons but the fuel gauge and remaining miles display is set for 13 gallons. This was done to keep the fuel pump happy while racing and turning that the last two gallons are not sloshing around and creating fuel starvation (from an earlier post). https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/...earned-about-your-ngt-today.34918/post-472595. I have seen 0 miles remaining. But not often . Ok, once.
actually now more like5 times

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Some GT magic this morning. I’m having my GT sent up north to test a tune and has luck would have it, a previously unknown GT owner in my little hometown was having his car delivered on the same truck picking up my car. Upon hearing this, I decided to surprise the new owner (which he was!) and show up at 6 am before his car showed up. I think my car was the last thing he expected to see. It’s always exciting meet a new GT owner, and even more so when he is 15 minutes away. He’s been a lurker on here so let’s see if he joins!
IMG_8710.jpeg
This makes 4-1/2 new Ford GTs in Louisiana MM you get half credit because I see you car more in FL than here! 😜

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Syco just curious, but why are you running in Wet mode?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It's been just a bit misty recently in the morning, so I ran in W for the traction on the wet ground.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Took 10 miles. :ROFLMAO: Perfect shot.

IMG_9928.jpeg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Where is the "un like" button...... That sucks

Reactions: ScottK

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

View attachment 68082
It was a million to one shot Doc, million to one…

Reactions: KJD

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

View attachment 68082
You're screwed!!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just Been there ! On my way To Keels & Wheels! Plug counted against me in Concours Judging! Sucks! Couldn’t get a new tire until Monday! Still won Best In Class!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

View attachment 68082
10 miles ... so this is the new Carbon?? :cool:

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
10 miles ... so this is the new Carbon?? :cool:
My guess would be yes!

Ed

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
And bet it was a rear tire. Common for front tires to send nails/screws at rear tires.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Put a hundred more screws in it like that, and you'll have a snow and ice tire. ;)

Reactions: JWZ