Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Mr. Nair,

We all enjoyed it. Though he can't and won't say much about that day, the entire Ford GT community was along for the ride. For a decade now our members have lived with and loved our Ford GT's, their history, their race victories, and especially the comraderie of the owner group and the build team members. Thank you for checking in with us here and I certainly hope this will not be your sole visit to the Ford GT Forum. All the best.

Chip

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Mr Nair -
Thank you for the amazing job you and your team did. Not only did Ford design the perfect car for the next generation of Ford's legacy, they somehow kept it under wraps to have the best reveal ever seen.

I just spent the last few days touring one of the world's premier collections of race cars, and I can't think of a better design than the 2016 Ford GT. It is the perfect bridge to the future for Ford and performance racing. Seeing it win at 2016 LeMans will be a 50yr anniversary not to be missed. I think there will be the 1966/2016/and many more future legacies created with Ford's continued commitment to racing.

I only hope that I have the privilege to acquire one of the few cars, so a few 'normal' folks can help continue to wave the Ford Flag.

Mitchell

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Really cool to see the "Man" post here! Want to congratulate you on the new car you guys have come up with!
It really is amazing that this car was kept a secret from everyone until the Autoshow debut. You have officially made me lust about a car that I may never get a shot at owning with its rumored low production numbers. Maybe you can put in a good word for me...? :wink

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Raj... I was wrong... when I grow up I want to be Raj... and I want to be sitting in a brand new 2016/17 Ford GT. You and you team have been able to stop many of us Ford GT diehards from getting any work done since the silk came off that masterpiece. I don't think a day has gone by that I have not opened up my photo album on my computer and stared at every photo of every angle of that AWSUM GT you and your team have designed.

I look foward to meeting you in Dearborn. I also will keep dreaming of owning one of your masterpieces and actully driving it ofte to let everyone else actuall get to see it on the street and not stuck in a car collection away from public view.

Thanks again for giving us all something to dream about!

Jerry De Young

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Raj,

I would be honored to be one of the few lucky souls to add a new GT to my Ford collection, and I would certainly be tracking it at every chance I get down here in Texas.

Regards,

Sanjay

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mr. Nair,

We all enjoyed it. Though he can't and won't say much about that day, the entire Ford GT community was along for the ride. For a decade now our members have lived with and loved our Ford GT's, their history, their race victories, and especially the comraderie of the owner group and the build team members. Thank you for checking in with us here and I certainly hope this will not be your sole visit to the Ford GT Forum. All the best.

Chip
Raj,

Chip sums it up quite nicely! Glad you have joined us on one of the best auto forums of the internet. Not only is the love and admiration of the Ford GT deeply rooted in those of us who are honored to own one of these spectacular vehicles, but the wealth of information, Team Member participation and openness of owner comments without reprisal is frankly unparalleled in an auto specialty forum.

Thanks for joining us and we hope to hear from you frequently.

Welcome aboard!:thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Welcome to the Forum Raj, I'd like to congratulate you and your team on your latest efforts. The new GT as well as GT350 and Raptor are over the top!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Mr. Nair:

It is so nice of you to take the time to post here. This is a special place that daily gives homage to an 9 year old classic car as if it were still in production.

I am a member of many car forums, and frankly there is nothing quite like it. The energy and passion has not dissipated in the least. Bringing a new GT on line simply fans the flames, and we thank you for your contribution, and willingness chime in here.

Dave has been able to maintain a fiercely loyal following to a car that will only get better, (hard to imagine, but true) and we look forward to sharing our passion with you. Don't be a stranger. Thanks

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mr. Nair,

I have never been shy and I've always been shameless so here goes. I am an original Ford GT owner, the longest serving moderator of the Ford GT Forum, one of just a handful of people to have attended all 9 GT Forum Rallies, the maniac who first decided that the Matech Ford GT's must race at Le Mans with "Ford GT Forum" on their rocker panels and then I headed up a fundraising effort that generated 6 figures to help make that happen. David Bannister and I were the first to show up in Le Mans that glorious week as well. I've had my yellow GT on race tracks and standing Mile events from coast to coast. I'm a member of the Texas Mile 220 MPH Club and an all around good guy. As moderator here I am proclaiming myself the #1 Ford GT owner/enthusiast and that should certainly entitle me to 1 allocation sometime during the production run!!

Have I blown enough smoke yet? OK, here's more. How can I possibly do a quality job of moderating this forum without owing a new GT?!?!? El Moderator needs to know what he's talking about. We can talk about a production date when I meet you at Rally 10. I'll have a case of Cuban cigars and some very nice vintage scotch with me. I look forward to seeing you in Dearborn Mr. Nair, and thanks in advance!!!!

Chip Beck
Official #1 Ford GT Owner/Enthusiast
Ford GT Forum Moderator
New GT Future Owner
LeMans bound again in 2016!!!!

Attachments

• LeMans Door 2.jpg
    LeMans Door 2.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Oh Man! I was stoked when DBK got a peek behind the scenes. Now this?!?
Truly incredible! Name another car enthusiast group that gets this kind of attention from the guys at the top.
Thanks Raj!

Matt

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome Raj Nair. Looking forward to meeting you in August and giving you the low down on my homey Jamal.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Dear Mr. Nair,

I am just a small Ford GT owner without any credentials, but I am quite pleased that you took the time to embrace our forum. I look forward to meeting you at Rally X in August.

Ralphie

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

Wow !! Welcome Raj !! You've probably heard, we love the new GT !!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:banana:banana

You've probally heard that 250 a year won't to cut it !! Build more !! we all want one. !!! :biggrin:biggrin
The team did a spectacular job !!:bow:bow

I don't have the same credentials as Chip but i did win the first Bill Dickie award and I did sleep at a Holiday Inn express on my way back from Rally 9 !! :biggrin

I bought my first GT in 2006 . I wanted to drive the car and enjoy it. This forum has really enhanced the ownership experience. The GT became a big part of my life. I got involved in many different GT projects to increase my enjoyment of the car.. I felt I would have been very sad if something happened to my GT. Thinking there would never be another GT I felt it necessary to get a back up GT !!

Like many here I watched the live web cast and was blown away !! .. I had to leave the warmth of South Florida and go to Detroit to see the new creation myself. I am praying to the GT Gods there will be a new GT in my garage someday !!

Looking forward to Rally 10 !!

Attachments

• IMG_20150121_215534_385.jpg
    IMG_20150121_215534_385.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20150301_081934_083.jpg
    IMG_20150301_081934_083.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Raj,

As a current Ford Motor Company employee and fellow GT owner, I have to say this is the greatest forum with the most knowledgeable and passionate group of individuals ever. The wealth of information and sense of community are unmatched in the GT world. This is truly a family: good, bad, and ugly. But nonetheless....family. Whether you post often or never, you will find yourself immersed in the dialogue and sharing of information on this forum. Again, welcome.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Glad you enjoyed it.

Raj

It's very refreshing to see a big shot take the time to read and post to a forum like this, it shows you guys really care about the new Ford GT and what it will become. The next 12-16 months until the car is released to the public will be a long wait but I'm sure it will all be worth it. Can't wait to see the smile on my face when I get mine and drive the wheels off it.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Raj,

Thanks for visiting our little community. I am looking forward to seeing the new FGT at the NYIAS in April. Also look forward to meeting you and your team at Rally 10 in Dearborn.

Ajai (ByeEnzo)

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Raj,

As a current Ford Motor Company employee and fellow GT owner, I have to say this is the greatest forum with the most knowledgeable and passionate group of individuals ever. The wealth of information and sense of community are unmatched in the GT world. This is truly a family: good, bad, and ugly. But nonetheless....family. Whether you post often or never, you will find yourself immersed in the dialogue and sharing of information on this forum. Again, welcome.

Fully agree with the above. I've been watching the forum for many years, but for obvious reasons, I have not posted any comments - and probably won't be commenting much in the future. I just thought you should be aware that the Ford team is here, and we do value the passion and feedback from this forum. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Raj

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Welcome Raj, as you have one of the 05-06, you understand the virus that we have for these cars.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
^^oh man. Feels like the principal just walked in and we all have to behave:)

Yup - why is it that one always feel guilty :wink:lol:facepalm:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Mr. Nair… Truly looking forward to meeting you and your other modern GT cohorts at Rally 10 in Dearborn this summer. And the trip to the birthplace of the newest GT. btw it is so cool in the pictures and video's that I've seen so far, I have a few goosebumps thinking ahead to seeing one, touching it and hopefully to sit in it and enjoy that omg moment to hopefully watch and hear it on the Dearborn proving grounds. And the ultimate would to be a rider in your new super car creation.

In a couple of days I will have owned my 2006 GT 9 years. Still fondly remember the day of delivery. And the "really it's mine now" feeling. And I still have that "feeling' every time I get in it and go for a drive. Which is often.

As my GT Forum family knows, all too well, I've driven my GT in 48 States and 6 Provinces. And, to date, have accumulated 115,812 miles on it.

Which equals these averages:

9 years = 12,868 miles per year
108 months = 1,072 miles per month
3,285 days = 35 miles per day

Although I would love to have one of the newest GT's, the availability and economics may preclude my having one in my garage.

Thanks for visiting and participating in "our" Ford GT Forum!

See you in Dearborn at the Rally.

All the Best,

Jeff Larson

Jeff