Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Well, when I get tired of them, maybe I’ll mount the black painted forged wheels that Terry sold me. I now have 3 sets to choose from, so I can change the look every time I change tires!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
PeteK, the wheel swap - it's a bit of a workout, probably not something I'll be doing on a regular basis. I do it myself, since I'm not sure I trust wheel shops with air tools or jack point selection.

FordGTwheels-9042.jpg

Reactions: steved57 and 2112

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Syco, I have a guy...

FYI, for anyone near Portlandia, Skip, owner of Skip’s Wheelwerks in Beaverton, is a true expert on tires and wheels. He uses an electric impact wrench to remove lug nuts, but they only tighten the nuts with a hand torque wrench. he even asked me which torque spec I wanted, since there are different torque specs depending on your source.

I can also easily change them myself.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would not drive an FGT into Seattle let alone Portland.

Don't leave it unattended. 🤐

Beaverton is probably ok.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
My car at Rich’s shop. Getting a mechanical and cosmetic refurb after 57000 hard miles. CFA20B15-7E55-4520-8AD2-D14D606ED13D.jpegC14A95F2-6E20-4C70-916B-6BC23A1588F2.jpeg439CD989-A421-465A-80D2-838CD6C8A9AE.jpeg87906AB9-64FC-4FB7-A0EC-6B5D719877D2.jpeg

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
My car at Rich’s shop. Getting a mechanical and cosmetic refurb after 57000 hard miles. View attachment 62305View attachment 62306View attachment 62307View attachment 62308
Oooooh. Very nice. Going to be brand new again.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
57000 miles? You must have had some really great times in this car along the way!

Reactions: ByeEnzo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As usual, when ever I see pix of Rich's shop, I spend as much time looking whats in the background as much as the intended subject of the pix...... So cool

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
57000 miles? You must have had some really great times in this car along the way!

It’s been a fun 15 years of ownership. Looking forward to next 15. The one car I’d keep over all the stuff I’ve owned. There are 05/06 cars for sale now with less than a 1000 miles....I did that distance in one day in #0421. Getting it freshened up so I can repeat the process.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Drive on, brother. I have to put some more (s)miles on mine so’s ya don’t catch up to me!

Reactions: SaskGT

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
ByeEnzo,

Could you share with us what you are getting done?

Reactions: 2112

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
ByeEnzo,

Could you share with us what you are getting done?

two pages worth of stuff :)

New shocks, rubber boots
Check hubs
Maybe new clutch
All fluids
Repaint in same colors, fix a couple of dings in bodywork
Fix ding in under panel
Fix ding in diffuser
New front splitter
New sill plates
New trunk liner, new struts for trunk and clamshell
Fix a bubble in dash leather
Get rid of race harnesses and fire suppression
Refinish wheels
New tires
Rich’s exhaust system
Lower car a bit
Reseal motor
and so on and on....

He will go through the whole car. It’s a keeper.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Timeless and always exceptional, your magnificent Ford GT leaves for a new life in barely health.
She deserves it.
Congratulations

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Changed engine oil and filter. What's the washer in the kit for? Put the magnetic plugs in.
Changed S/C oi, P/S, coolants, brake and clutch fluids.
Cleaned K&N air filters, cleaned MAF
BJ and strut boots
Changed trans fluid and cleaned screen.
Installing a Ford trans cooler. The fittings in the case need to be different. Ford can't find a part number. Anyone have it or the size. Just guessing but is stock one 16mm straight to a -8? And now I need a 16mm straight to -10?
Belts look perfect. Change them because I have them and they're old or leave them because it's a waste of good belts and I'm lazy. Anyone EVER hear of a belt breaking on a stock set up with 12K miles?

Updating-cooler fitting is 16mm X 1.5 to -10
A steel fitting is unobtanium. I went with a Fragola black anodized and an aluminum gasket instead of the stock copper gasket. The ID of the stock(no cooler) fitting is .313", the Frag is .336". Looks like plenty of meat left, shouldn't break unless the R engine mount breaks and, well, if it does I've got other problems!
From 1 pic I've seen it looks like the factory "w/cooler" fitting is blue anodized aluminum too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
two pages worth of stuff :)

New shocks, rubber boots
Check hubs
Maybe new clutch
All fluids
Repaint in same colors, fix a couple of dings in bodywork
Fix ding in under panel
Fix ding in diffuser
New front splitter
New sill plates
New trunk liner, new struts for trunk and clamshell
Fix a bubble in dash leather
Get rid of race harnesses and fire suppression
Refinish wheels
New tires
Rich’s exhaust system
Lower car a bit
Reseal motor
and so on and on....

He will go through the whole car. It’s a keeper.
I always feel so much better when Rich has serviced my car!
Mine is on the way to him!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I didn't do anything special. Drove it to Amelia Island yesterday. Asked the better half if she wanted to take the 35 yr old 911 with track suspension and no air conditioning or the Ford GT. She voted Ford GT. I married a smart gal.

And on the way there we passed another Ford GT going the other way on Heckscher Parkway going the other way. Looked like black or midnight blue, perhaps with silver stripes. I had sunglasses on. I've heard of people that haven't seen a Ford GT "in the wild" so I tell myself it is my duty to drive mine so people can see it. That, and it is just sooooo cool.

And...I found a place to park that we could get out of the car with no worries.

Amelia Feb 2021.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Different application. The filters are also used in several BMW's. Their drain plugs use the copper crush washer.

Changed engine oil and filter. What's the washer in the kit for?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Different application. The filters are also used in several BMW's. Their drain plugs use the copper crush washer.
Kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for verifying.

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
My car at Rich’s shop. Getting a mechanical and cosmetic refurb after 57000 hard miles.

Looks like they are making good progress!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
The area where I live publishes a magazine highlighting the development and people who live in it. This first 2021 issue they decided to highlight 3 car owners and their special cars. I was one of the people selected for the article. Guess which car I picked to be in the article ???????????????

Link to article: Boot Ranch Cars

Last edited: