Unique opportunity to buy one-of-a-kind GT from "The GT Guy"

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Many of you know me, I'm known as “The GT Guy”, and I have been associated with the Ford GT since its inception in 2002. I was on the Roush engineering, prototype team that built, all of the prototype Ford GT’s. I also helped at Saleen and Wixom on the production car builds as well. For the last 14 years my full-time job has been supporting, servicing, and modifying Ford GTs, and have worked on over half of the 4038 production. I have also built or are in process of building 12 custom GTs in conjunction with GT designer Camillo Pardo, (Signature Series).

I bought this car in the summer of 2018 with the plan to fix it, use it as a rolling advertisement for a season, then think about selling it. It was damaged and does have a salvage title but I've rebuilt it from top to bottom. The potential buyer will have to check into (and be responsible for) that on their own as every state is different.

The unique opportunity is for you to decide what it becomes. It's currently wrapped in (black and green) vinyl, and looks great. Maybe that's the way you want it OR I can have it painted any standard GT color, including the Heritage scheme.

Or.................

Maybe you want a one-of-a-kind GT. Maybe a special Mercedes metallic. Or a deep Honda/Acura blue metallic. Or British Racing Green. Whatever you can visualize, I can do.

Aside from that, all of the maintenance and preventative maintenance has been done as part of the build, about $10k worth. After all of the PPI’s I have done every car will need something after the purchase and I have taken care of all of this already with this car is ready to be driven across the country.

Anyway, the sky's the limit. See your vision come to life with a totally-unique Ford GT.

Asking price is $210k in stock form with a new paint job and mods will be discussed separately.

Call or email me to discuss.

Thanks-

Rich Brooks

734-658-9498Forum post pic.jpg

richgtguy@gmail.com

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I wondered who's car that was.

Reactions: Ed Sims

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Saw it today, really cool color scheme- that green is electric!
08B807B5-6F47-4530-BA32-05991E6A4E92.jpeg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
This looks like a win-win for Rich and some future owner who wants a FGT driver.

Re-built and serviced by the very best and potentially customized to specific needs/tastes.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The best of the best, for those that know Rich, his intro was obviously unnecessary, for those that don't know Rich, he's the one you would want to do a PPI (there are a few others that are also qualified) if you can. I had him come to NY to inspect my car before I purchased it. It was owned by the owner of a Ford dealership that had bought it 2 years prior, driven it about 1,500 miles, and unbeknownst to him, all 4 shocks were leaking, as was the A/C compressor, power steering pump, frunk and clamshell struts were shot, and a few other things. I did purchase the car, and the seller was not willing to budge on price, but did obtain all the needed parts at true dealer cost. I shipped the car out to Rich (with the parts), had him do all the necessary work, including his pulley/tune, X-pipe, clamshell release, short shift, lower it, and a few other goodies. Other than an attack this year by an electrical gremlin, which took another Ford dealer over 3 months to fix, the car has been an absolute delight. If the car wasn't going to get fixed, I was prepared to ship it out to Rich, for repair. I wish he was local!!!! Sooooooooo, if you want a car to drive, and aren't concerned about a "story" car, make this car your story, and do it! You know that it's done right!!!

Reactions: digman1

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I guess I'm surprised that this is even listed, and not sold by word of mouth already!

Nice work Rich, as always!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Good luck with sale, very cool GT !

Reactions: RPM217 and extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
very cool.
0E66290F-FDE6-4DD1-9346-713F14DAB259.jpeg

Reactions: Cadster and extrap

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I think it looks killer just like that. I wouldn't change it.

Chip

Reactions: 2112

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Rich,

call me.

Reactions: Tiago

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
Rich
You are the man !!!! Darn you have us all thinking ............

Reactions: jaxgt

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Still ain't going to top Merkury 4. Holy crap that thing is truly inspiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaxgt and DakotaGT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rich rules ! None better in my book!
Can I trade my kids for it?

Reactions: RPM217

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Rich rules ! None better in my book!
Can I trade my kids for it?

Kids + Kash ... and a lot of it I bet :)

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Decided to keep it for another summer. Have some big plans for it, maybe.:):):)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Rich,
Looking forward to seeing you and the vehicle as soon as government lockdown ends and weather warms.
Andy(ajb)