Trade '05/'06 GT for '16 GT?

Would you Trade '05-'06 GT for '16 GT ?

• Total voters

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I wouldn't trade my one and only '06 GT for a '16, but would look to purchase a '16 if the cards fell right and I could make it work financially.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
vote ur votes

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Trade something else - yes.
Trade my 2005 Ford GT - no

My exact sentiments. I have other stuff I could offload in order to get the new FGT.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Nope....wait two years and buy one cheap (so to speak).

That's the only way I'll go!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Keep my 06. Wait to see production and price on the 16.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Keeping both of mine - and would buy a 2016. No way trade -

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Keeping the 05 no matter what.

Only way I would, is the new car costs a huge number, that fiscally I couldn't not do it. Which of course is not a reality situation.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Not no.

Hell no.

The old one is not for sale.

Period.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There is to much I like about the 05/06 GT
But you never know!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Trade - No
Buy - Maybe

+1, what Fred said

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I heard a lot of people say they would wait and buy a GT cheap in 2005.... lol. I like the idea, it's the reality of it that concerns me.

Production numbers will say a lot about it but after the success of the 2005-6 GT, there will be a lot more heavy hitters wanting to buy them their collectibility.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I'll sell 'ole Red, when Bill sells #001. ;-))

Just get the thing to market at a reasonable price WITH a factory managed allocation/cost/delivery formula. It isn't that difficult.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I'm taking my 05 with me to the after life. Everything else the kids can keep

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
.........only if I loose my left leg.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just get the thing to market at a reasonable price WITH a factory managed allocation/cost/delivery formula. It isn't that difficult.

Keep the dream alive Rex. :lol

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Keep the dream alive Rex. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would love to purchase a 2016 GT, but not sell or trade in my 2006 GT as it is closer to my Ford Dealer heritage and background with Ford and Shelby. We'll see what happens in the future. I will always love my2006 GT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
No way. In addition to? Yes. Not instead of.

Ditto

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
When I got the news about the 2016 I got all angsty for a moment thinking damn this is always the way when I just spent 6 plus years customising my 2006 to get it to the performance levels I wanted to achieve to stand out significantly, having put up with mechanics who literally had lost me years in the process and a lot of driving time while it was unnecessarily in the shop being tuned. But as much as I loved the photos from Detroit, when I read about the V6 TT, which reminded me of the new Honda/Acura NSX having a V6TT(that's about all it did of course), my angst subsided somewhat. When my devious mind went directly to where it's gone in the past with the prospect of new model, how far can we potentially tune/bolt-on modify it. I've never had a V6 TT config, but my thoughts are it won't be the fun experience of getting bigger and bigger whipples and watching the HP lift to levels of 800RWHP and above like the V8 GT. Even with my current audi V8 TT, the best gain out of that factory TT engine has been to take it from 552BHP factory to 660BHP with tuning, exhaust and intake. I know with things like trying to but bigger turbos on introduces things like lag, so I'm going to interested to see where the tuning community take this now pretty ubiquitous ECOTEC V6 based engine in the new model..I am however envious of the new gear box design, that would be nice to have.

I'm also pretty importantly damn happy with the present day value of our GT's. So I don't think on that basis I'd want to trade to the new one. Like others have said, if I absolutely felt compelled, I guess I'd have to consider getting one in addition - who knows may RHD-001 of that edition too!

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
When I got the news about the 2016 I got all angsty for a moment thinking damn this is always the way when I just spent 6 plus years customising my 2006 to get it to the performance levels I wanted to achieve to stand out significantly, having put up with mechanics who literally had lost me years in the process and a lot of driving time while it was unnecessarily in the shop being tuned. But as much as I loved the photos from Detroit, when I read about the V6 TT, which reminded me of the new Honda/Acura NSX having a V6TT(that's about all it did of course), my angst subsided somewhat. When my devious mind went directly to where it's gone in the past with the prospect of new model, how far can we potentially tune/bolt-on modify it. I've never had a V6 TT config, but my thoughts are it won't be the fun experience of getting bigger and bigger whipples and watching the HP lift to levels of 800RWHP and above like the V8 GT. Even with my current audi V8 TT, the best gain out of that factory TT engine has been to take it from 552BHP factory to 660BHP with tuning, exhaust and intake. I know with things like trying to but bigger turbos on introduces things like lag, so I'm going to interested to see where the tuning community take this now pretty ubiquitous ECOTEC V6 based engine in the new model..I am however envious of the new gear box design, that would be nice to have.

I'm also pretty importantly damn happy with the present day value of our GT's. So I don't think on that basis I'd want to trade to the new one. Like others have said, if I absolutely felt compelled, I guess I'd have to consider getting one in addition - who knows may RHD-001 of that edition too!

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup I agree 1000%. I think this is why we love our car. It's why people own multiples. It's highly customizable and modified for whatever performance one desires. Whipple'd, turbo'd, pulley/tune, etc. Didn't someone from Ford make the statement that no one would have ever dreamed that the 05-06 Ford GT would be so highly modified and customized.