Trade '05/'06 GT for '16 GT?

Would you Trade '05-'06 GT for '16 GT ?

• Total voters

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I would even though I enjoy driving my GT more than any of my other modern performance cars. The question posed is to trade "even up" and I'm assuming the '16 GT, with it's more limited production, considerably improved performance, and kick ass great look, will in short time be the more valuable of the two. So it seems a no brainier to me(I excel at no brainers).

If the above proves out I can sell the '16 and buy the '06 pocketing the difference.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
The new car is gonna be stupid fast. The trans is worth 50 hp easy. Combined with a serious pursuit of superior power-to-weight, it will haul.

But for what it's really built for, there is no use comparing. Road course performance of the new car will be staggering.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

The newest cars to "conquer the Ring" are the 918 and the GT-R Nismo. "Reasonably priced" Viper ACR and regular GT-R are way up on that list much higher than many supercars/hypercars.

Dave, you have everyone really pumped that this car is gonna blow everything away.

Have to be amazed that the GT-R's with their weight and relatively low hp/torque are so road worthy. No sex appeal though. Sounds like new FGT will have both.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The new car is gonna be stupid fast. The trans is worth 50 hp easy. Combined with a serious pursuit of superior power-to-weight, it will haul.

But for what it's really built for, there is no use comparing. Road course performance of the new car will be staggering.

I know nothing of these kinds of transmissions, but will it run in full auto mode? If so, stand by for things like the texas mile. Modern automatic transmissions are awesome in their choices of when to shift and do it so much faster than you can do it with a clutch. I had two Shelby Mustangs, auto and manual, and took the auto to the drag strip - it shifted exactly when I would have done a manual but did it so much faster. And that was in 2008.

That said, this car is not going to be the best performing straight line car (as it is from the factory). It's designed for the road course.

But I do hope they leave lots of headroom for the mile event.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, it will run in full auto. Dial has P-R-N-D and then a center button for M. This is pretty much how all these cars operate now. Launch button will shift for you for max performance start (I assume, as all competitors do).