Track Helmets

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Just a friendly reminder the Snell 2005 helmet rating has expired. If your track group requires helmet check they must be SA2010 or SA2015 certified. Just got my new Bell SA2015 helmet. "Don't leave home with out it", and more important always be safe.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yup, at least the SA ratings have caught up again the 2010 transition was not smooth. Its too bad I love my 2005.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Most, not all, race organizations will allow SA2005 for one additional year.

As of week before PRI Indy only 2 mfrs were offering SA2016. Very limited selection.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Santa Claus brought this new Stilo ST5 GT helmet for Ryan. In a sports car, the open face shield is often in the way - clanking into roll cage bars, etc. This new ST5 employs a sun shield that is very practical and very low profile. In addition to the ultra-light weight, perhaps the best feature is the optional integrated electronics. The ear-muff speakers shield away almost all of the outside noise and the noise-cancelling microphone is crystal clear over the radio. No more dealing with ear buds and independent connectors. One plug into the integrated plug module and both mic and headset are connected to the car. There is an Stilo to IMSA (or NASCAR) connector for car compatibility. Anyway, the helmet is a bit pricey but very nice - particularly if you use 2-way communication. Highly recommend it!!

StiloST5GT.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Those are very nice (and expensive). I have not tried one on yet to see if it fits my dome. We have a local dealer in the area, and will head there to try one. Bells do. Simpsons and Arai's do not. Once you have a light helmet, you wonder how you wore a heavy one. Big $ helmets are worth it.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Something I just signed up for indicated an 05 was still good for the additional year.
That said,...I am planning on upgrading my Snell2010 Helmet anyway. After 5 years of heavy usage I think it can retire for a newer and possibly higher quality piece.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Bigfoot, SA2015 will be good for 10 years. Do not cost more than 2010 just a little Harder to find. If you are getting new one go for 2015. Have been using G Force but got Bell this time.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Me too. I have the G Force with the flames.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My choice is the Stilo rally helmut in Carbon.