UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Below is an email I just forwarded to Shadowman:

To Shadowman re our Gal Shadow

Driving Shadow back home from The Lake Mirror Classic Auto Festival and Auction this morning realized that I have not communicated with you in awhile. As I have told you in the past the Lake Mirror event is one of the premier auto events in Florida and one of our favorites. We have been attending the Lake Mirror event for many years, first with our trailer queen Show Pantera, then with our Pantera GT5S. For the past several years, we have entered Shadow. There are several parts to the show. The event starts on Friday night with the Budweiser Hot Rod Rendezvous. On Saturday they have the auction, the Concours d’Elegance around the lake where the vintage cars are judged on originality and condition, and the open car show that takes place on the closed streets of Downtown Lakeland. In the past years only the winners of the Concours d’Elegance won Crystal, the cars downtown were awarded ribbons by various show Sponsors. Shadow has won Ribbons each year. This year they changed the format. There were approximately 700-900 cars entered in the open Car Show. In addition to receiving ribbons from show sponsors, judges selected the 60 best out of the entire Open Car Show. Shadow was entered in the large Exotic Car class. In the afternoon Fran was advised that Shadow along with a Mercedes Benz SLS convertible in the exotic car class were selected as two of the 60. Fran and I were advised that Shadow would be paraded around the Lake onto a red carpet where she would be presented with a Crystal award. We have received many awards in the past. This ranks among one of the most impressive. Even Fran who is not a fully engaged car person was impressed and enjoyed the ride onto the red carpet. From the second father to the first father we have done well, have we not?

Hope you and yours are doing fine.

UFO74

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Al
I am thrilled for you! As I have seen in person your gal is a beauty!
On another note my custom bags you made are simply wonderful! I got full use out of them at Rally8 .
Please come join us for R9! Please PM me your cell.Would love to take you out for dinner when I come down to Florida!
Glad to hear you are enjoying retirement!
My very best regards to you ,Ron AKA Roketman

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Hey Al, that's great!! Shadow is beautiful and very tastefully done and I'm not surprised with your continued success! When the wife gets into it you've done well. Please say hi to Fran.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Al
I am thrilled for you! As I have seen in person your gal is a beauty!
On another note my custom bags you made are simply wonderful! I got full use out of them at Rally8 .
Please come join us for R9! Please PM me your cell.Would love to take you out for dinner when I come down to Florida!
Glad to hear you are enjoying retirement!
My very best regards to you ,Ron AKA Roketman

Hey Ron, I thought i had the only custom bags of Al's!
And Al, i'm with Ron... Come on out to R9!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So, Al does show up here occasionally. ;) It was nice meeting you and your wife Al. Congrats on your swan award. My claim to fame is meeting Ford Heacock III. Allegedly, Wayne Cherry was there too. And late 1960's Amphicars still able to dive into the lake. Very cool. The Higgenbotham (another name as interesting as Heacock) auctioneers couldn't seem to generate much interest in some truly forgettable cars, but it was fun, and truly a class event overall.

Last edited:

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Where is Bill (shadowman), is he still around????

John

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you Al for sharing your wonderful moment in time with all of us.

Shadow truly found a great home.

Nothing but the best Al and Fran

Takes care

Shadowman

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
:cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats UFO74!

Ed

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
So, Al does show up here occasionally. ;) It was nice meeting you and your wife Al. Congrats on your swan award. My claim to fame is meeting Ford Heacock III. Allegedly, Wayne Cherry was there too. And late 1960's Amphicars still able to dive into the lake. Very cool. The Higgenbotham (another name as interesting as Heacock) auctioneers couldn't seem to generate much interest in some truly forgettable cars, but it was fun, and truly a class event overall.

Gary: Thanks for your comments. Enjoyed our visit on Saturday. Also enjoyed meeting and talking with your wife. If you guys ever plan a trip to Ft. Myers, give us a call. Maybe we can have lunch or dinner. We have our speciality cars insured with Ford. So far am very happy with their service, or course have never submitted a claim. Al

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Ron: Will send you PM

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Hey Al, that's great!! Shadow is beautiful and very tastefully done and I'm not surprised with your continued success! When the wife gets into it you've done well. Please say hi to Fran.

Terry: Thanks for kind words. Just emailed you.

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Lorenzo and Ed: Thanks for your comments.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
GTs at Lake Mirror Classic

Al -

Congratulations on your win. Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak with you or Gary at the show. It was my first time there, and I really enjoyed it. Was happy to see a couple GTs on display, disappointed there were no real Cobras.

IMG_6204.jpgIMG_6196.jpg

I remember seeing your Pantera GT5S in Celebration and Naples a few years back - really sweet machine.
IMG_1925 m.jpg

Here's a link to my pictures from the 2013 Lake Mirror Classic Car Festival:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31256891@N08/sets/72157636753782784/

regards,

Jeff

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
To Cobra Jeff:

Jeff, thanks for you comments and the pictures. All past Panteras were kind of race cars. Built the 1989 GT5S so Fran would enjoy the ride. One of her favorities. Installed Crate Windsor engine for trouble free performance. The pictured car is the highest numbered Pantera GT5S in Country. Sold to gentleman in Maryland. When you are next in the area give me a call.

UFO74

Al