Tires!!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I’ve got a sweet set with almost 2/32” tread, bids start at $500

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I placed an order at Tire Rack Saturday morning even tho they show out of stock. I was just hoping to get into Que for any future production.

Seems they found some in inventory at the Reno Nevada warehouse.

I worked with Sonny Mann. If they have any left, he can help you.

Last edited:

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
OK, that little stash in Reno is gone. I put in a future order with Sonny, he is thinking 2-3 months out.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Ok, so here’s what I’ve found, hope it helps. I was involved with NASCAR for years, now retired, but still have some sponsor contacts and friends.
The Bridgestone tires many of us need are NOT discontinued, just victimized by the supply chain. Distributors are looking at an approximate 2 month restock time so that’s not bad. Hang in there….
Goodyear is contemplating on continuing their discontinued F1 tires including the P315’s so that’s that.
Croker has no interest in filling a void for these tires…
Hoosier is owned by Continental Tire and my contact told me they have a moderate interest in picking up the Goodyear sizes if there’s any interest there.
So other than replacing the wheels, Bridgestone would be the best bet for getting new tires shipped. I’ll post any updates if they become available….

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ok, so here’s what I’ve found, hope it helps. ...

That's great! Thanks for checking into it! 🍻

Reactions: HNS

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am going to make a point of leaving a super positive review on the Tire Rack site and suggest the same for the site of your favorite distributor.

I firmly believe it could help maintain the Bridgestone line and likely not hurt it. Seems stuff like that really counts now days

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Ok, so here’s what I’ve found, hope it helps. I was involved with NASCAR for years, now retired, but still have some sponsor contacts and friends.
The Bridgestone tires many of us need are NOT discontinued, just victimized by the supply chain. Distributors are looking at an approximate 2 month restock time so that’s not bad. Hang in there….
Goodyear is contemplating on continuing their discontinued F1 tires including the P315’s so that’s that.
Hoosier is owned by Continental Tire and my contact told me they have a moderate interest in picking up the Goodyear sizes if there’s any interest there.
So other than replacing the wheels, Bridgestone would be the best bet for getting new tires shipped. I’ll post any updates if they become available….
What were we just saying, Ron?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

This isn't the first time the Bridgestones have had a gap. They're produced in batches. It does seem that the time between them in increasing. Really, I can't really imagine they will totally discontinue them. The bad press they'd suffer if they left the Porsche and Ferrari crowds in a lurch would be much harder to take than the Fords. Plus in all, they probably sell more to the Ford crowd than their original market.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I agree with you Tony. I'd have to think that highest percentage of the rear 345/35-19 tires have been for Ford GTs. Allegedly these were OEM spec size for the Ferrari Enzo but I would assume there's not a lot of purchases going that way. I'm not aware that Porsche or any other manufacturer ever spec'd this tire for one of their vehicles. It would be interesting to know that, I guess, in order to see who's in the same boat as GT owners.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Interesting reading everything so far. I had put on a set of Bridgestone’s about 8 years back and was disappointed. I’ll take the Goodyears any day, especially on the track or the road in rain. No avoiding rain when on a long trip. Like everyone else, its back to the Bridgestone’s which do grip well under ideal conditions.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I thoughtthe fronts were a porsche

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I don't want 20" wheels, but I will do it if Goodyear are our only choice for 19" wheels.

I felt the rubber compound was too hard for most driving situations. Loud and rough riding. Easy to break loose on any condition that did not have the tires super hot.

Sad, I wanted the Goodyears to be great, the heritage is definitely there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fast Freddy

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thanks for the clarity!
I was told the same!

Reactions: HNS

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
@Twoshelbys. Only the Bridgestone rear 345/35/19 were rumored to be discontinued. The fronts are used on Porsches, and were not rumored to be discontinued.

Reactions: RPM217

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Bill at Radial just received 26 rears with 4721 date codes. This batch is already sold but it underscores that the demise of these Bridgestone tires may be premature.

As part of this transaction I needed to cancel a back order with tire rack, who still doesn’t know when they will get a batch in.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Bill at Radial just received 26 rears with 4721 date codes. This batch is already sold but it underscores that the demise of these Bridgestone tires may be premature.

As part of this transaction I needed to cancel a back order with tire rack, who still doesn’t know when they will get a batch in.
Just bought a complete set. Shipping out this week.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Bill reached out to me this morning. He is awesome!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That is GREAT news! Kudos to Bill for watching out for the GT community!

Reactions: dshears

PA32Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2022
Glendora, CA
As someone who needs tires, my soon to be delivered car has the original date-coded tires, what can I do till I get a set on order? Buy new rims? Use a different size?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
1. Order new set.
2. Drive what you have, carefully. Say, like you’re driving it on snow!
3. When new set arrives, go to local track or big parking lot where the “tuners” hang out, and burn them down to the cords!
4. Get video.
5. Post video here
6. Replace tires.
7. Go back to step 1.