Mark II Lifetime
I never knew there were 2 versions of the rears

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I believe they have a different tread pattern.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If you talk to Bill at Radial Tire he has a few options that have the correct OD

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I never knew there were 2 versions of the rears

There isn't.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If you talk to Bill at Radial Tire he has a few options that have the correct OD

I don't think so. There isn't a 19" tire made that is within an inch of the very tall OEM rear GT tire. The closest was the Bridgestone which is .41" smaller in diameter and every other (305-355mm width) 19" tire is MORE than an inch shorter than the OEM tire. The very closest is a 315/35-19 but it is 1.24" less in overall diameter.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hi Ron, if you post that the Bridgestone’s are currently on back order but I have a standing order with Bridgestone and I am taking preorders now, as soon as the tire arrive I’ll contact everyone with a preorder and send the tires out.
From Bill st Radial tire

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don't think so. There isn't a 19" tire made that is within an inch of the very tall OEM rear GT tire. The closest was the Bridgestone which is .41" smaller in diameter and every other (305-355mm width) 19" tire is MORE than an inch shorter than the OEM tire. The very closest is a 315/35-19 but it is 1.24" less in overall diameter.
I am only repeating what he told me. I often forget what an expert you are on everything.
Thank you for your expertise

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ron, that Michelin is 1.4” shorter than the Bridgestone.

Is Bill confirming the rears are being discontinued?

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
These cup2 tires are .2” shorter but 1/2” less side wall (on each side of wheel) cause it goes on a 20” wheel, which we would have to come up with

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am only repeating what he told me. I often forget what an expert you are on everything.
Thank you for your expertise

Yeah, that's the trouble - people repeat things as true/correct when they are not. If you think there's a 19" tire currently made that is close to the diameter of the GT OEM tire - go ahead and tell us what it is. It's OK to phone a friend...

Reactions: dshears

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Oh my gosh I’m just trying to be bloody helpful. He didn’t say that Bridgestones are being discontinued. Call Bill for yourself!
He stated he has them on order and is expecting them in. Yes I don’t claim to be an expert. I just claim to be a passionate car guy trying to help out my friends.
The only negative in life should be Camber!
Have a nice day
Serenity now…..

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ya whatever
Nota4re
Do me a favor I’ll pretend you don’t exist. If you pretend I don’t!
Sounds like a good deal for both of us..
See ya

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
These cup2 tires are .2” shorter but 1/2” less side wall (on each side of wheel) cause it goes on a 20” wheel, which we would have to come up with

He is referring to super sports, not cup 2’s

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The Cup2’s are for a 20” wheel.

The MPS4 are 19” but overall 1.4” short

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Cup2’s are for a 20” wheel.

The MPS4 are 19” but overall 1.4” short
OK forget I said anything
Come up with a better solution
This used to be such a nice place

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Ya whatever
Nota4re
Do me a favor I’ll pretend you don’t exist. If you pretend I don’t!
Sounds like a good deal for both of us..
See ya

I don't understand why you are so emotional. I'm just stating the facts. It is NOT "bloody helpful" to anyone when you say, "talk to Bill because he has a FEW options with the correct OD." Then I am the bad guy when I tell you that he's either wrong or you are misquoting him? Nothing close exists. PERIOD.

Lets all hope that Bridgestone continues to make these Scuderias - otherwise for those owners that are choosing to drive the car, the choice will be to stay with the 19" OEM rear wheel with a much (1.25") shorter tire or pop for new rims and opt for a 20" rear where there are a couple of tire sizes which may work.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OK forget I said anything
Come up with a better solution
This used to be such a nice place

I am just trying to flesh out our options. I wish we were not even having to discuss this.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am just trying to flesh out our options. I wish we were not even having to discuss this.

Fully agree. With all of the great connections that people here may have, I'm wondering if someone can get a more accurate picture of what Bridgestone's intentions are moving forward. I think the Ford GT and the Ferrari Enzo might very well be the only two cars using this tire. But this has been the case for at least the last 10 years so I wonder why the change in availability. My assumption is that this (rear) tire has been in relatively low production tire for some time - but has the demand recently fallen below some minimum threshold?

Reactions: dshears

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
With Goodyear dropping out, that would seem like great news for Bridgestone.

But ... with FGT values continually increasing, maybe fewer and fewer are being driven, therefore less need for new tires.

Damn.