Tires?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If anyone has unused OEM Goodyears, I am in need of a couple sets.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I just received a set of front Bridgestones from Tire Rack with late 2018 date codes.
I JUST GOT BUILD DATE 2020 Front and rears from RADIAL TIRE /discount tire
1301 585-2740 ask for bill
Thanks Roketman, did you order the Goodyear Tires or Bridgestones?

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Thanks Roketman, did you order the Goodyear Tires or Bridgestones?
[/QUO

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
DBK: I have original Goodyears with 3300 miles on them. If you need no miles, can’t help.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
So are Bridgestones still the standard nowadays in 2021? I'm currently on the larger Bridgestones (Porsche/Enzo spec) and will be needing replacements soon.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
There are only two rear tires that have the correct diameter/circumference: the original Goodyears and the Bridgestones.

Reactions: HNS

Jake

Apr 8, 2021
Murrieta, CA
It seems that these tires are hard to find right now. I have searched a lot of sites and tire stores and the inventory on the market is at zero. Am I missing something...Tire Rack - none, Amazon - fronts only, Simple Tire - fronts only, local tire stores in So Cal - nothing, Ford Dealership - nothing....is this due to COVID and supply levels being low across the board on everything or are these tires being discontinued?

Thanks forum!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Call Tire Rack on the phone. You might get luckier that way.

Jake

Apr 8, 2021
Murrieta, CA
Just ordered a full set through a local tire store...apparently they claimed these were made specifically for the GT and are discontinued...don't know if that is true...but that is tough if this size isn't going to be available in the future :(

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sounds like you went Goodyear.

No worries as along as the Bridgestones don't get cancelled. Superior tire anyway.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
If anyone has unused OEM Goodyears, I am in need of a couple sets.
Are you looking for current date codes?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Evidently the goodyears are not available is what I’ve been told. I could be wrong I’ve been wrong before.
I do know however that Bill @Radial Tire has 36 of the Scuderi rear bridgestones and 50 on the proper Bridgestone N1 front tires available.
Be sure to talk to Bill

265/40RZR18 Bridgesone Potenza REO50 A N1
345/35ZR19 Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Scuderia
Radial tire company
301-585-2740
Bill Elomari

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Jake

Apr 8, 2021
Murrieta, CA
Bill at Radial Tire just confirmed that Goodyear has discontinued our tires for the GT :(
Supplies are limited. We were able to find two sets last week for two GT's in SoCal. Good Luck!

GKGT

Apr 8, 2021
Northern VA
Spoke to Bill at Radial Tire - They have them and awesome guy who knows his stuff! Thanks for the referral Roketman!

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Seems that I waited perhaps too long and now am unable to find the Bridgestones. Discount tire has the rears but not the fronts Tire Rack has nothing. My Shelby’s have Michelin’s Cup 2’s and they are fantastic. Michelin makes the rears in 345/35R19 but the only front is 245/35R18. Buy the Bridgestone rears and park the car until I can find fronts? Any other ideas? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Check the links to Amazon in this topic

Amazon says both are in stock. Prices are higher than I recall them being in the past but probably are market. I don't know what others are asking these days.

That same topic suggests checking Costco. I just got an ad with Costco Bridgestone discounts for a set of 4.I don't know if that "set of 4" have to be all the same though.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Change your wheels, for example HREs, to use Michelin Pilot, 245/35/19 at the front, and 345/30/20 at the rear.

It's expensive, but the improvement in the car is remarkable.IMG_0092.jpeg

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The HRE mod requires NO other changes other than the wheels themselves?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I can't get past the lack of sidewall on the larger diameter wheels.

One of the reasons I like the Bridgestones so much is they aren't rubber bands on the wheel.

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The HRE mod requires NO other changes other than the wheels themselves?

NO change at all !