Tires?

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
It's that time again and I need new tires for my 2005 Ford GT. I'm hitting a brick wall finding any. I would prefer Bridgestones but would take Goodyears if that is all I can find. The car is essentially in quarantine until I find some tires. Any suggestions or leads? Thank you. LB

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I think these are the right Bridgestones- looks like Tire Rack has rears in stock and fronts due in a couple weeks.
gt rear.jpggt front.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Check Amazon too. They had them last time I looked.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Thanks much to both of you. Last time I checked Tire Rack (even called) they had no timeline for getting those tires. I didn't think of Amazon. I'm always amazed how good this forum is. Thanks guys.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Grab the rears now. Those are usually harder to get. Someone will have the fronts, as they fit more cars.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Got em. Thanks.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Be sure to check build dates

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Be sure to check build dates
I just ordered a set of rears, from my "local" specialty shop, $450 a tire build date 28th week 2020

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just ordered a set of rears, from my "local" specialty shop, $450 a tire build date 28th week 2020
Excellent!

Reactions: RPM217

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
To RPM217, I am in Sherman Ct., can you send me your specialty tire shops number, I need tires.
Thanks Pat

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
They're out there.
Got a full set from a local wholesaler this week, all with 2020 build dates.

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the reminder. I just ordered. Looking forward to letting the smoke out of the old ones...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Did you check Simpletire? I bought my last set from them

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
The Bridgestones are the best upgrade you can do on the GT. They allow you to have a chance to get that power to the ground.

Second best cheap upgrade is the wiper removal option. Keep them in the frunk, and you can put them on in a matter of seconds. You see so much more of the front end of the car.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The Bridgestones are the best upgrade you can do on the GT. They allow you to have a chance to get that power to the ground.

Second best cheap upgrade is the wiper removal option. Keep them in the frunk, and you can put them on in a matter of seconds. You see so much more of the front end of the car.

That might help if I could see over the steering wheel!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Did you check Simpletire? I bought my last set from them
They're more expensive than TireRack, and give you a hard time checking date codes

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
and give you a hard time checking date codes

^^^ Dealbreaker for me.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
They're more expensive than TireRack, and give you a hard time checking date codes
Interesting, I’ve had the exact opposite experience

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Interesting, I’ve had the exact opposite experience
Check SimpleTire's price on their website, and then check TireRack's price, not a large difference, but fact is fact. When I got a tire from Simple to replace a snow on my E53, it was just over 2 years old, and they told me, I could return it, but they wouldn't verify date codes, and that their tires were all "good". I kept it, but didn't care for their response.

Fiji_99

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Indiana
Ordered mine at Discount Tire and had them the next day, fronts & rears. Apparently they changed the fronts they are a different number and no longer unidirectional due to building them for Porsche. The old fronts will have older date codes due to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: roketman