Tires

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone on the forum know of anyone selling some 345/19 tires for the back of the GT and 265/18 for the front , or does anyone know where I can buy some at a reasonable price

Also is anyone looking for a set of original F1 supercar tires off the GT currently mounted on BBS rims

I am having a hard time finding anyone that sells the 345 tires , even tire rack says they dont carry them , too unusual of a size they say

Does anyone have a pic of their GT with the 345 rear tires installed , is there a big visual difference between the 345 and then 315 stock tires

Thanks

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Rob, the Bridgestone RE050A's (Ferrari scuds for the back, and Porsche GT2's for the front) are that size. Lots of guys on here run em (me too later this summer). If you can't find them, call me and I'll put you in touch with my local guys (Edmonton or Calgary), either of whom can hook you up.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
345s

345 may be a little much,I got 335s but they are on 22s may be its just the way the rims are but there just even wheel wells.Is your car stock that makes a big diffence, dont go wider with stock just my 2cents.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
On our recent trip to California, a pic of the front and rear on a lowered FGT with the Bridgestones. What a geek I am. :lol Thanks to George (the owner of the car) for letting me snap away!! :cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2601 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2601 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2602 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2602 (Medium).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 266

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I put Kumho XS's on my Viper, they come in the sizes you want.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Pro

Thanks for the pics

Are those 345s on stock BBS rims

Do you happen to have a pic from the back of the car

As you know my car has been lowered also , they are beautiful cars just stock but they sure look mean when they are lowered , I have not had any problems with clearence but I now have a fear of speed bumps

Did the gentlemen with the black car have any isuses with speed bumps on your trip

Thanks again

Rob

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Great speaking with you Rob. Let us know what you think of the sizing once you see Bob's car. :cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Rob,

I installed those tires on the black car pictured. The car is also lowered - about 3/4" in the rear; 1" in the front.

There is NO RUBBING anywhere. We have installed numerous set of these identical tires and the owners seem to really like them.

They fit just fine on the stock BBS rim. Note that if you are speaking to Tire Rack, there database is incorrectly listing the rim width at 9.5" but they are 11.5" and handle the 345's just fine.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
While these tires look really cool - I'm not sure how practical they are. I've got a set of Pirrelli's (MC-12) on my GT and the rears seem to steer the car when there are truck-worn grooves on the highway. We're a major port on the East Coast and have 1,000 trucks a day wearing out our roads. I've got a set of Michelin's on stand-by.

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Tire Sizes Available from Costco

I have Michelin 345/30-19 (13" wide HRE rear rims) and 275/35-18 (10" wide HRE front rims). You can get them in ZP or regular as far as I know. They fit fine, and provide a great footprint. I got my tires from Costco.

Does anyone on the forum know of anyone selling some 345/19 tires for the back of the GT and 265/18 for the front , or does anyone know where I can buy some at a reasonable price

Also is anyone looking for a set of original F1 supercar tires off the GT currently mounted on BBS rims

I am having a hard time finding anyone that sells the 345 tires , even tire rack says they dont carry them , too unusual of a size they say

Does anyone have a pic of their GT with the 345 rear tires installed , is there a big visual difference between the 345 and then 315 stock tires

Thanks

esco256

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2009
Hi,
How much do you sell your 2 315 stock tires??
I'm really interested if the shipping fees still acceptable!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Could some of you tire swappers help me out here....(I am a bit slow..)

I realize all tires are a compromise in terms of dry/wet performance, rubber compound, heat capability, wear capability, lateral stiffness, belt construction and bias, etc, etc.. And I realize the factory Goodyear F1 Supercar tires are not viewed favorably by some owners, but what impetus drives the continual search for "other" tires for our car?

And again I understand Hoosier's are great on the track because they stick better than the OE Goodyears, but the Hoosier's are branded "not for highway use" and thus can be specifically taylored for competition use. But don't get caught in a rain storm with Hoosiers on your GT for obvious reasons.

Do these "other" tires (and sizes) give the car a different appearance or what? Please help me better understand what drives this quest for different tires....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I prefer the Bridgestones for traction. I have more confidence in the car both in a straight line and through the turns. I have driven the car in the rain and have nothing bad to say about the Bridgestones there but I was not pushing the car in any way.

I think I would move to Hoosiers for the track but only if they make a 345. The extra width on the back has had no downside that I can feel.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Everyone that changes tires are looking for more stick, whether it is straight line acceleration traction or lateral. Some of course are looking for skins for non OEM wheels.

GY had many criteria to meet that many of us do not care about, like wear, wet, and even snow driving (yes car was certified in the snow), and at the time they were one of a very few (if not the only, I can not remember exactly, what the “team” told me) that would certify a 205 top speed.

Softer stickier tires will allow us to go faster in all directions, and the extreme being the R6.

One session on the track on GY vs a stickier tire, approaching the levels of max adhesion, and you will gain the understanding very, very quickly.

Do these "other" tires (and sizes) give the car a different appearance or what? Please help me better understand what drives this quest for different tires....

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I know that this question has been asked a bazillion times but I can't find the answer at the moment: the Scud tire is a 345/35/19. Will that fit the stock rim?
Again, apologies for the repetition.

Rob, the Bridgestone RE050A's (Ferrari scuds for the back, and Porsche GT2's for the front) are that size. Lots of guys on here run em (me too later this summer). If you can't find them, call me and I'll put you in touch with my local guys (Edmonton or Calgary), either of whom can hook you up.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know that this question has been asked a bazillion times but I can't find the answer at the moment: the Scud tire is a 345/35/19. Will that fit the stock rim?
Again, apologies for the repetition.

Yes it will. I made a list of tires people were using on the stock wheels in this thread:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12372

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I love the RE050A's, stick very well, heat up fairly fast and the perfect tire for spirited street driving. I said street as these tires get greasy fairly quickly and if you're aggressive on the track, so they don't belong to the track and if you push your car hard, you should be using Hoosier R6's anyway.

I have the Kumho XS on another car, great tires but the 345/30-19's are over one inch too short so I'd stick to the RE050's.

Here's a picture of the RE050A rears:
bs5.jpg

As you can below, they fit the OEM rim perfectly:
BS1.jpg

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I read the referenced thread but somehow missed it. Thank you.
Separately, does anyone know how long these GY F1 tires last just from being out in the environment? I know that air, pollutants, sunlight all degrade the tire compounds such that in time, a tire, even if unused, needs to be replaced. I'm sure virtually all of us garage the car and so the sunlight thing is moot. But assuming we have the driving habits of Dr. Pockets, when will the tires have to be replaced just from getting old?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
But assuming we have the driving habits of Dr. Pockets, when will the tires have to be replaced just from getting old?

Change your habits. You're not driving the car enough. The GY F1 tires typically last for 6-10,000 miles (rear) and 25-30,000 (front). I go through a set of rears every year at the higher end of the milage. Enjoy the vehicle!