Tire possibilities

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It's a personal thing and a function of what you want from a tire, and personally, I can't imagine liking any tire in stock size as much as PS2's in 345/30/19. If I had a Whipple, TT or 3.90 gear, it may be a different opinion. :cheers

Tungsgt

Mar 23, 2007
I will take 2 sets

x

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I would like a set also. Stock sizes.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'd be interested in some..got two cars. If they're competitively priced and as good as they sound that would be the chosen tire for life!!

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
It's a personal thing and a function of what you want from a tire, and personally, I can't imagine liking any tire in stock size as much as PS2's in 345/30/19. If I had a Whipple, TT or 3.90 gear, it may be a different opinion. :cheers

Kirby,
Why would you want a different tire for greater HP? I wish they made PS2s in correct size, they appear to be the best tire for our cars-max grip without having to heat cycle them.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'll try a set

Put me in for a set. What, is this a one time run? It doesn't seem cost effective to maufacture a limited number.

The Hoosiers are great tires & DOT legal. All road race/sticky compound tires have only a few heat cycles before they decrease in stickiness. ALL of them lose stickiness but may do it at different rates.

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'd be in for a set Kyle. Thanks for keeping us in the loop on the experience and availability.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Kirby,
Why would you want a different tire for greater HP? I wish they made PS2s in correct size, they appear to be the best tire for our cars-max grip without having to heat cycle them.

The PS2 in 345/30 creates a rear wheel height about 1.6 inches shorter than with the stock 315/40. This has the same effect as changing the rear gear for faster acceleration. My speedometer indicates a speed of about 10% greater than actual. I don't know if the car is 10% faster but it feels like it is, and 10% is huge. The lowered stance of the car also appeals to me. :cheers

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
The PS2 in 345/30 creates a rear wheel height about 1.6 inches shorter than with the stock 315/40. This has the same effect as changing the rear gear for faster acceleration. My speedometer indicates a speed of about 10% greater than actual. I don't know if the car is 10% faster but it feels like it is, and 10% is huge. The lowered stance of the car also appeals to me. :cheers

Why don't you reflash your computer with the correct revs/mile for the 345's vs. stock, and your speedometer will read correctly? Plus, your odometer will not be putting on "10%" more miles than you actually drive...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Why don't you reflash your computer with the correct revs/mile for the 345's vs. stock, and your speedometer will read correctly? Plus, your odometer will not be putting on "10%" more miles than you actually drive...

Wait a minute; you can adjust the odometer count ratio via the computer... I see bad things happening here :eek

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm gonna be Whippled soon, so if these tires come out, they would likely be preferable to me over the Hoosiers for a street tire.

Anyone running the Pirelli Corsa 345 35's on the street?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta

The car has a custom SCT dyno tune by Jerry Wroblewski and I'm waiting until the next time he is in Atlanta. :thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Interested as well.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Am interested also.

Need a set of new tries VERY soon.

When will they be available?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm in for a set - timing?

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Pirelli

I'm gonna be Whippled soon, so if these tires come out, they would likely be preferable to me over the Hoosiers for a street tire.

Anyone running the Pirelli Corsa 345 35's on the street?

Yes, I am. I like them very much. Have about 1,500 track miles on them too.
Very firm sidewalls for excellent feedback. They are due for replacement with Michelin's which I scored at a charity auction.

Gordo.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Right now we're just gauging interest on what people are looking for. I can answer a couple of questions:

1) These tires will be capable of exceeding 200 MPH
2) These will be made to the factory sizes but made for track/performance use. Meaning they won't have as much tread and will be a stickier compound.
3) Each order will require us to buy enough tires to supply 500 cars...This isn't to say that we will only do this production run then stop. We will continue to carry the tires as long as there is a demand for them but each production run will consist of 1,000 fronts and 1,000 rears. The reason for this is because of the exclusivity of this tire. This tire will only fit the GT. We don't really want to buy and warehouse 2,000 sets of tires and just have them sit around for a few years or even worse, not move.

We are still in the discussion stages with Dunlop but it is looking very promising. We have asked for pricing and an ETA and I will update everyone as soon as I know.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Is there any chance of going with a slightly larger tire and include Corvettes. This would help bring in a larger market and make production more desirable. I don't think a larger tire would hurt the GT either.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'm also very interested but would like it even better if the fronts were wider to cut down some of the understeer. If I have to commit to two sets to help reach the mininum quantity, I'm also willing to do so.

GTforever

Dec 7, 2007
Germany
I will run the Pirelli Corsa 345/35/19 in the rear and 265/40/18 in the front.
The fronts size is very new in production and here (Germany) not listed yet.
The circumfence of each size is very close to the stock sizes.
front: + 0,08 %
rear: - 1,5 %
unfortunaly I have no chance to test them at least the next 2 month because
of the nice weather in Germany.:frown