ma.
tires

i'd try 2 fronts 4 rears

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Would like to stay as near stock height on both front and back.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I came to the same conclusion. MIchilen PS2 335/30ZR20 diameter 28"

or Pirelli P Zero Rosso 315/35ZR20 diameter of 28.7"

The Mich are a little short the Pirelli are very close to stock.
And I haven't yet driven the car with its new Whipple - yikes!!! :eek:eek:eek

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I would try a set.

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I'm very interested in the Dunlop option. Thanks!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will run the Pirelli Corsa 345/35/19 in the rear and 265/40/18 in the front.
The fronts size is very new in production and here (Germany) not listed yet.
The circumfence of each size is very close to the stock sizes.
front: + 0,08 %
rear: - 1,5 %
unfortunaly I have no chance to test them at least the next 2 month because
of the nice weather in Germany.:frown
Welcome to the forum, where are you located.:thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I'm told Goodyear's proto tire shop will make any tire using available compounds, it's just that it's usually $600-700 a tire. The GT500KR they gave to Shelby on his birthday had the new ultra sticky compound and just used the sidewalls from the existing tires. It seems like this would be possible.

Investigating through the chain now. Would this suit your race car Kyle? A stock size GT tire using an R compound with the same tread pattern?

This is exactly what we wanted to to do when we started searching different tires. The first place we went to was Goodyear. All we wanted was the same tire using an R compound. We were prepared to store 2,000 sets of Dunlops so we would be willing to make the investment to place a large order. It's just a matter of demand and price.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice work Brian. Anyone else running the Bridgestones?

I assume you mean 345 for the rear width...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If the 345/35/19 fit the stock rear wheels then you can also run the Pirelli PZero Corsa System. But they are more of a track tire at treadwear 60! A expensive replacement for Hoosiers.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...nce=ORMT&performance=TS&RunFlat=All&x=105&y=5

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I am sorry to announce that Dunlop will not be producing tires for the GT.

We have been pushing them to come up with an idea of pricing and delivery time. Unfortunately they came back to us with no interest. Apparently they do not feel there is enough interest to begin making these.

I have already started approaching some other tire companies to see what else we can do. We are very confident that there must be a quality company out there that wants to make good tires for this car, we just need to push them on it.

I am sorry for the negative update.

GTforever

Dec 7, 2007
Germany
Welcome to the forum, where are you located.:thumbsup
Thank You for welcome Bony( I love Your avatars!).:thumbsup
I live near Würzburg (Frankonia)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Corsa's are great tires, I'm running PS2's... very pleased with them as well.

Wurzburg? Have consumed many fine wines in bocksbutels (sp?)... beautiful area.

One of the things I have yet to do on my list is the ESSEN MOTOR SHOW...great forum event perhaps?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Stillen has been working on developing a new “R” spec DOT approved tire that would be made exactly to the Ford GT size specifications. It will be designed to fit the factory 6 spoke or the BBS wheels. The tire that we are looking at is a Dunlop tire used on the New Zealand Targa road rally. It is a fantastic tire that works well in both wet and dry weather. When we were developing our car for the rally in 2006 we tried to get a set made specifically for us but were unable to do so. After a year of discussions we have convinced Dunlop that there is a huge interest in performance tires for the GT. It would take a large commitment on Stillen’s part so we want to gauge interest before signing off on production. Stillen would need to buy enough tires for 500 cars at a time.

Again, this is a DOT approved, all weather, R spec. tire that Steve had been using for the 5 years prior to 2006 in the New Zealand Targa rally. As many of you remember the rally is torture on tires and the cars have to go through very hot/dry temperatures as well as freezing cold monsoon rain weather. In Steve’s words “This is the best street tire I have ever driven on. The grip and performance of this tire is absolutely amazing. They work surprisingly well in the rain and are phenomenal on the street.”

We dont know what cost will be yet. We have asked Dunlop for a preliminary price for now just so we know a ballpark range. I am waiting on a reply from them right now.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Would like to stay as near stock height on both front and back.
Randy, if you have no wiggle room at all, I think your stuck with three choices. I have researched them quite a bit as it seams others have.

1. Go to larger wheels as tire diameters match better. Lots of choices, but he best value seams to be the CCW wheels. Every one has their taste bu the ones Ed Sims selected for his car I think would look pretty good on Black.
2. Stay with Goodyear
3. Hope the Stillen deal comes through on the Dunlops. :thumbsup...Go Kyle !

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755 & 06 #640
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'm in for a set.........

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Here is a link to the Dunlop website that offers a brief description of the tire.

http://www.dunlop.co.nz/tyres_motorsport.aspx?cat=3

We are looking at the D01J & D98.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice work Brian. Anyone else running the Bridgestones?

I assume you mean 345 for the rear width...
you are correct sir...

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interested. What are we talking about speed rating wise, and how much difference between what you're looking at and say the Hoosiers? Factory width?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I am also starting to think about tires, but not so much from a track perspective but safety.

I think anything that would improve traction and keep me out of a "GT spin" is really something to look at. With the power (I am also upgraded), as long as there is traction, I am not too worried. But when you punch it in first and you can feel the back end want to come around, well I can see how some of the fellow owners have bounced off various objects (and have found any pole that is available).

So, I am listening.

Any idea of overall wear? Match the Goodyears at about 6K miles, or better or worse?

I would also be up for bigger 18s and 19s if they would still fit the stock rims and clearance.

H

HHGT

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....................

I've been patiently waiting. I'm calling Rodney King and starting a riot....:lol:lol:lol

Thanks for trying. I guess I'll be buying the Hoosiers tomorrow.

Geeeeezzzz, I never thought horsepower could ever be unusable.:willy:willy:willy