Tim Allen's GT

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I remember when that movie was being shot, Buddy of mine "Todd Warren" has been his double since the Santa Claus days and tried to get me on to drive the GT.... I also think GINO through me into the loop on that one too.... No luck however.... they did some heli shots with no permits (to save $$$) and I believe Tim himself financed a majority of this film..

I have no idea what its about but....... it has a GT in it...:wink

Permits???? We don't need any stinking permits:banana

It has a GT in it, that's why!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I remember when that movie was being shot, Buddy of mine "Todd Warren" has been his double since the Santa Claus days and tried to get me on to drive the GT.... I also think GINO through me into the loop on that one too.... No luck however.... they did some heli shots with no permits (to save $$$) and I believe Tim himself financed a majority of this film..

Tim, the Production Mgr of that film is a close friend, and I did try, but you know the rest, not what you know in this biz. I remember when the wheels were swapped out for that movie, and Yes Tim Allen put up all the $. I was told that he was hitting his driveway at one point, and getting advice from J Leno, he had the car raised one inch to clear it. Can someone elaborate about the effects of raising the car?

I personally think it is a beautiful car in all black. I was told that Ford referred to an all black car as the Tim Allen edition after this car was built, is that true?

Gino

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Close Gino. Story was that they weren't going to offer the car without stripes, but Michael Dell requested that they build him an all black stripeless car, so they call it the Michael Dell special. Jamal told me that story, but it's possible he got his wires crossed with Dell and Allen.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California

DVD release is scheduled for April 13th. Trailer has a no stripe black Ford GT. Movie was Tim Allen's directorial debut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rardyMGqHys

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Nice way to get a FREE GT!:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Anyone notice the HERITAGE TRAIN at the end???

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that black no stripe looks good on screen:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
that black no stripe looks good on screen:thumbsup

If I am not mistaken, the Black/Stripe delete's were reserved ONLY for movie stars and celebrities.:biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Anyone notice the HERITAGE TRAIN at the end???

Business a little slow Shelby? :biggrin:lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Always makes me wonder, What reason would one have to sell the most beautiful, hand crafted incredible example of American Racing History after owning one???

Can't come up with a good reason.........

andrewsag

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Los Angeles
Horsepower Upgrade Anyone ?

Curious about the hennessey 710 hp exhaust upgrade. Will it smog in CA or NV ?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Always makes me wonder, What reason would one have to sell the most beautiful, hand crafted incredible example of American Racing History after owning one???

Can't come up with a good reason.........

Either financial, boredom in cars in general or perhaps to get another are the the ONLY reasons I can fathom.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
^ Agreed.