Thursday February 16th, 2017

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Funny how in like every video as soon as the car drops into vMax mode you hear people go "ooooohhh ffuuuuuuck." :lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Backup camera is excellent. Sync works great, Car Play works great .

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'd be afraid to drive that thing as much as I drive my '05. Somehow, I don't mind a few nicks and scratches on mine, but maybe because it already has a few.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
That was fun! First time an 05/06 and a 17+ have been on the road together and they look GREAT! Thank you Mr. Brooks for bringing the machine out! Maybe during the fall we'll switch, I'll bring the 06 and you bring the new one?

Lots of good photographers there so there should be some sweet photos when everyone has a chance to edit.

Thanks DBK, no problem on coming out as it was our pleasure. You made quite the entrance with the NFGT and it was quite the show to see the new car on the streets. Hopefully some of the video my boy took will turn out ok. Will be good to see more video of it moving on the road. A few pics from my view and some others before the drive.

Vmax mode!!! Only while engine is running.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The clear bra guy was on vacation this week. That area where air flows through comes out right along the CF rocker. I used xpel tracwrap (temporary clear bra primarily for track days) all over the inside of that area and then trimmed cardboard pieces to close the hole and blue taped them in place so pebbles wouldn't spray down the rocker. Once I parked, I removed one and Garen Nicoghosian (GT design staff) removed the other. I also put the tracwrap all over the wheel wheels and lower carbon edges, and then put a sign in the car. :lol

View attachment 45414

funny.. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;NswfqpKe14s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NswfqpKe14s[/video]

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Very cool. Great job Dave and Rich.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Looks great Dave! Glad you got to meet my dad. He had a great time. :)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sweet!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Boy, you can sure recognize the lineage, seeing the FGT and the NFGT in motion together there!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hope you got some love for your old GT as well :wink

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Obviously the exterior of the car is amazingly beautiful. But Ford and the designers have really outdone themselves with the interior. I have never seen a car interior that evokes more emotion than this one. It is like an incredible time piece with attention to each and every detail. The use of the carbon fiber around the footwell area is simply spectacular.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Count down to next delivery starts now.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Engine bay with all the CF looks great! Can't believe how high the rear wing goes; the"real deal"!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
OK, lucky people who've now put miles on a car, I have a question. After working my way through 310 pages of the owners manual I can't find anyway of disabling the automatic parking brake. After a track session putting a cold pad onto a hot disc is not good. In my 12c for example, you keep your foot on the brake pedal and open the drivers door whilst holding down the parking brake button. This disables it and you get a message warning the " parking brake is not set". Is there a similar hack in the GTs software?

Also, a plea for a tiny upgrade on future models; have tire pressure AND temperature sensors, knowing temps is fantastically helpful on track days.

Can't wait to begin learning all the modes with their 'performance' and 'performance plus' wrinkles!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mother of God. Open in new tab or download for full size.

32828072032_6ab3aeae4d_o.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, hope the hilo wash doesn't get it dirty.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Great shots? What camera?

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Love the reflection on the drivers door. Simply a spectacular car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, the weeds downloaded before I saw the car and I thought OH NO, they didn't put it off the road already! Nice shots.