Things to see in Boston?

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Heading this weekend to Boston for a hockey tournament. Sorry not the NHL playoffs, probably about as far as one can get from that.

Anyways, outside of a few games we have no plans.

Any suggestions on things to do, see, avoid or places to eat would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Roketman's meat!

http://www.savenorsmarket.com

Other than that, sorry, I have no idea. :lol

Try Specracer and Roketman for recommendations.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
The obvious: Fenway, Faneuill Hall, Boston Common, Boston Garden, Cheers, Copley Square, Beacon Hill, Union Oyster House, Harvard, MIT, etc.

Not so obvious: Larz Anderson Auto Museum, Mike's Pastry, Redbones BBQ, some of the food trucks at City Hall

Lucky

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2008
Depending on where you are staying also? If your tourney is more west(Marlborough) it might change things up a little? Kids age ?Otherwise, KJD is good with the most popular!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Cafe Escadrille in Burlington (just off I95)..... fabulous! Reserve a table in the gourmet room.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Get off the airplane, go through the tunnel to Fanuel Hall, and go to Durgan Park. World's rudest waitresses with the best food. There is an oyster bar in the basement while you wait for your table. Don't pass up the Baked Indian Pudding with vanilla ice cream for topping for desert.

We lived inland (Gardner, north of Worcester) for 10 years. Loved fall and spring, hated winter.

If you like seafood and don't mind the wait Nonames on the wharf is great.

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks all, I will try to see and do everything I can get to.

No kids this time, unless you consider 28 guys not acting their age kids.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Steve,
Check you pm I sent you my cell!
If you are in to hockey you should talk to Rob Gerkink on the forum .He played semi pro! Now lives in Ma.!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As Im sure you have found out, as you are here, there are sooo many things to do here. You have nice weather this weekend too.

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
So far so good. Boston is great but the games are in Marlbourgh so travel is killing our party time. Rocketman, got your PM I will try to call today. Thanks for that.

Steve