GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
ttt

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Anyone have issues with the ABS not workin correctly, Has anyone tried locking up there brakes with different ratio tyres, than standard

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No problems with any of the tires mentioned here, and we (collectively) have many track miles on them. StormCat is probably the leader here with his custom wheels and Corvette ceramic brakes.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
It's coming to be tire time for me. I have a 2005 with 3,400 miles on it (stop the laughing and finger pointing please...). Have there been any updates on tire perspectives? I took my customary long look through the TireRack listing and can'd seem to find anything. I was hoping to see a better Michelin fit in either the SuperSport or the Cup tires but no match. I don't believe that being off by more than 5% is preferable but perhaps that's just me. So the Bridgestones seem to be the only once (still). I'm still not interested in paying out for a new/different size set of wheels so are we all still locked on the Bridgestones? And which of the (now many) RE-series tires are the ones to choose?
Thx,
Rich

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It's coming to be tire time for me. I have a 2005 with 3,400 miles on it (stop the laughing and finger pointing please...). Have there been any updates on tire perspectives? I took my customary long look through the TireRack listing and can'd seem to find anything. I was hoping to see a better Michelin fit in either the SuperSport or the Cup tires but no match. I don't believe that being off by more than 5% is preferable but perhaps that's just me. So the Bridgestones seem to be the only once (still). I'm still not interested in paying out for a new/different size set of wheels so are we all still locked on the Bridgestones? And which of the (now many) RE-series tires are the ones to choose?
Thx,
Rich

Are you really EP register under another name?

Hoosiers are another choice it you don't drive in the rain. Given the miles you probably will put on the car, thread wear isn't an issue, but time is.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Just ordered a set of Bridgestones

$366 for the rears and $292 for the fronts at http://www.onlinetires.com/

They had the lowest prices and cheapest shipping.

FYI-the part number for the 265 N1s is #124730 as it wasn't listed on the website.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Onlinetires has worked out well for me several times. I did have to buy from the expensive rack once when the rears they had were old (2006 I think). If it matters to you, you might want to confirm the age of the tires.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Onlinetires has worked out well for me several times. I did have to buy from the expensive rack once when the rears they had were old (2006 I think). If it matters to you, you might want to confirm the age of the tires.

The tires are coming directly from Bridgestone, so I hope they are minty fresh. Online Tires was apparently out of stock.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Wondering how many miles folks are getting out of the rear Bridgestones.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The tires are coming directly from Bridgestone, so I hope they are minty fresh. Online Tires was apparently out of stock.

:thumbsup

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Just replaced with BStones, Scuds were from June 2012, Porsche fronts were Feb 2013.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Just ordered a set of Bridgestones

$366 for the rears and $292 for the fronts at http://www.onlinetires.com/

They had the lowest prices and cheapest shipping.

FYI-the part number for the 265 N1s is #124730 as it wasn't listed on the website.

Nice find, Paul. Gotta pick up some at some point. Really wish Michelin would make the PSS's in proper sizes, though.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Me too. French made Michelins are the best tire in the world.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
10K on mine.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Paul, who are you going to have install yours? Dupont's custom shop next to the cars & coffee has the high end equipment for wheel and tire mounting. Worth asking about. I think Spike would be the one to call, you've probably met him at C&C.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Rick. I will give him a call.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Paul, who are you going to have install yours? Dupont's custom shop next to the cars & coffee has the high end equipment for wheel and tire mounting. Worth asking about. I think Spike would be the one to call, you've probably met him at C&C.

What is the name of the "high end equipment"? I live in a rural area and was told by a local tire dealer there may not be a tire installer in our area capable of installing these tires on our wheels. What exactly is required to mount these tires without damaging the wheels?

Thanks

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What is the name of the "high end equipment"? I live in a rural area and was told by a local tire dealer there may not be a tire installer in our area capable of installing these tires on our wheels. What exactly is required to mount these tires without damaging the wheels?

Thanks

Common sense & patience are needed!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Thanks

I wind up taking my wheels and tires to Reno (~180 miles each way) to have the tires changed. Some tire changers will do great damage to the rims.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You can't find anyone in Pensacola?