The GT Guys "Back in Northern California"

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for all the interest

Rich and I discussed the end of March however after chatting with a few folks and reading the comments I will be looking for a date likely the first week-end in April (as I recall the week-end of the 7th) this so as to work for as many as possible and also insure enough lead for the The GT Guys to have everything requested.

Oh and yes; Bony's gal will be massaged at the same time.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Spoke to IssacGT and he needs to have the half shaft bolts done, we will run up the hill together, of course not breaking any laws of man or nature. :lol

Aug 25, 2006
Spoke to IssacGT and he needs to have the half shaft bolts done, we will run up the hill together, of course not breaking any laws of man or nature. :lol

10-4..... he PM's me as well and I have already put Rich aka The GT GUys on notice.

BTW: that was an interesting way to say that you will be driving like a "Bat Out Of Heck"

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What is the proposed Northern CA location/city for the event?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho

Right on. Spoke with Bill & Rich. It's a go.:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
tic..toc...tic..toc...

The date will quickly be upon us as such I just want to make certain that no one is missed.

"IF" you have interest in having twist and tweaks completed on your gal by The GT Guys I encourage you to call Rich and finalize the details so that both the time allocation becomes defined as well as the required pieces such as exhaust, pulleys, transaxle coolers, half shaft bolts, etc. are all acquired in advance.

I recognize that some have already communicated with The GT Guys and are all set so this is little more than a "call to arms" for those that have shown an interest but yet to solidify plans.

Takes care

Shadowman

Green Beret

Green Beret
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
Danville,Calif
Where in Northern California? Also, it usually rains in March.

Aug 25, 2006
Where in Northern California? Also, it usually rains in March.

......HOLD THE PRESSES .................................................

I had to edit my post until we get a "FIRM" handle on the date...... I do apolgize because I assumed that this had been done........ however ......... it is being reviewed at this very moment................... location remains just outside of Sacramento and the date will be confirmed and posted before the week-end is over.

Once again please accept my most sincere apology

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Please take note that I just edited my previous post.

Regards

Shadowman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I am planning to drive up north from Orange County Southern California (about 7 hours) and do the installation, and then drive back. Do you think it's possible to schedule a fairly definite time range for the installation? Trying to figure out if I should try to get a hotel room or rental car while I await the installation. I'm fine hanging out and would enjoy watching the install, just trying to get a gauge on how the process works. I wouldn't want to be off to far in my estimates of travel, etc. I consider this a great opportunity to have recognized experts work on my baby, just want to make sure I coordinate properly. Thanks for any input.

As long as my GT is in good hands, I'm content to sleep on a shop floor.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
I am planning to drive up north from Orange County Southern California (about 7 hours) and do the installation, and then drive back. Do you think it's possible to schedule a fairly definite time range for the installation? Trying to figure out if I should try to get a hotel room or rental car while I await the installation. I'm fine hanging out and would enjoy watching the install, just trying to get a gauge on how the process works. I wouldn't want to be off to far in my estimates of travel, etc. I consider this a great opportunity to have recognized experts work on my baby, just want to make sure I coordinate properly. Thanks for any input.

LOL you and your gal will be fine.

If you have not chatted with Rich lately please do as he is finalizing the times.

See you soon

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Not me, my idea of roughing it is no butler and turn down service.
Would prefer a B&B, thinking about driving up Friday night. Can you recommend a good place to stay, would prefer a fluffy bathrobe and slippers with my monogram on it?? Local restaurant with highly rated andmature ready to drink wines would also be ideal. List of farmer's daughters looking for brillant dinner conversation is not optional, send pictures, copies of daddies audited financials etc.:rofl :banana :rofl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Shadowman and Piccola, I had a nice talk with Rich today, and I plan to drive up Sunday night to stay in SF and have my car worked on the next day, starting in the afternoon of April 2nd.

Who Else Is In???

Hope to see you there!

- Randy

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Could someone get the scoop on axle bolts from the GT guys.
It has been so long I wonder if they got them or need reminding but I haven't heard anything since way back when. At the time the bolts were on back order. Jusst thought maybe while everyone is having fun in the sun maybe just maybe.....one could feel sorry and send us some good news to help thaw out our winter blues......:bored

Ps. Shadowman about 1 more week buddy.:biggrin

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Could someone get the scoop on axle bolts from the GT guys.

I know Jack at Muscle Motors has at least 1 if not 2 sets of the Ford Axle bolt kits in stock.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Anyone know if Jack at Muscle Motors received any of the B&M short shifters? I am hoping to get mine before the GT Guy installs in early April.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bill, Let me know if you want me to pull the sticky on this one. You have all the time slots covered. Leaving tomorrow for my vacation. Back on the 2nd.
Cheers, daniel

Aug 25, 2006
Bill, Let me know if you want me to pull the sticky on this one. You have all the time slots covered. Leaving tomorrow for my vacation. Back on the 2nd.
Cheers, daniel

Have a great time.....

Aaah I would leave it up and see if we can kept The GT Guys working through the wee hours of the mornings....LOL

Thank you for asking

Takes care

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Cheers, daniel

Have a good trip Bony. Maybe now you will stop posting and I can catch up with the post count. Let me see, Bony at 3927, BlackICE at 796. I just have to post about 150 messages a day to catch you; thats all. Of course if you are bringing your Blackberry, I don't have a chance.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Have a good trip Bony. Maybe now you will stop posting and I can catch up with the post count. Let me see, Bony at 3927, BlackICE at 796. I just have to post about 150 messages a day to catch you; thats all. Of course if you are bringing your Blackberry, I don't have a chance.

Well C Man, I will be on a vacation from the Forum as well, Korea, China and Japan, will see you at Bill's I hope. Will have the Blackberry, but not surfing the net... Need the break.