RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
With regards, Jeff. Very sad.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
i have no mods planned at this moment,but i would like to meet with all of a you folks for a little while.
Sorry it took so long to respond.Unfortunately my wife died last tuesday after a long battle with scleroderma
Now that i have way too much time on my hands i will get some use out the gt.,

Oh wow, that really bums me. Sorry to hear and we all have our thoughts for you and yours.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
i have no mods planned at this moment,but i would like to meet with all of a you folks for a little while.
Sorry it took so long to respond.Unfortunately my wife died last tuesday after a long battle with scleroderma
Now that i have way too much time on my hands i will get some use out the gt.,

I'm terribly sorry about your wife. I know scleroderma well and feel for your loss.

Absolutely come out. I took Wed thru Friday off while Rich and Dennis rip into our cars and while Torrie runs them on the dyno.

Otis

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
What a day! Tried to change my tires on the car to the new Michelin PSSs. What a cluster. First my car is too low at stock height to get my lift arms underneath. No problem I will make ramps. Then I get the car high enough to find out my lift arms are too short to reach all 4 lift points on the car. I also discovered how skinny you need to be to get in and out of a FGT between a 2 post lift. Not funny.

I then realized it would be easier to just drop the car off at the installer and let them deal with it. This is followed by first a trip the tire installer with the tires in my pickup and then a second trip with the car. That will be followed by a third trip to get the original tires back just in case.

Well the installer didn't have a lift that would work and wanted me to take the car 10 miles away to their other shop with a drive over zero height in floor lift. At least they offered to bring the tires for me. After another 2 hour wait they were on.

This leaves me with the issue of having 5 cars getting worked on at my shop without a functioning lift. I have a call out to Bendpak to send me longer reaching arms. I only need about 4-5". What a day sitting around wasting time.

The shop guys all lined up and asked if I'd do a burnout when I left. Despite the stickier PSSs which are at least 2" wider per side the car from a roll at 5 MPH in first gear lights em up with a good show. I was hoping they might offer more stick, but at least in second gear they hold now.

Otis

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have open slots available for the GT custom tuning dyno day Friday 5/4/12.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Fantastic day ! Photo's and graphs to come.

3 Stock blower GT's on the dyno end WHP #'s for the 3 are 639, 659, and 670 !!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I will have much more commentary and photos to follow once I get things sorted out. What a great 3 days! This was a huge amount of fun. Three days off of work. Two days spent watching the maestros at work. The GT Guys are a first class act and I can only speak for myself are two of the best cars guys in the business. Thank you Rich and Dennis. I met a whole new FGT community in my area which was amazing. FGT owners are simply the best.

I personally had the CDC rear bumper delete done, GT Guys X pipe exhaust, Ford racing trans cooler, short shifter, 2.7" pulley change, leather brake and shifter boot installed, new voltage gauge installed, one handed clam shell release, T&A coil overs installed with ride height lowered, Accufab throttle body and support, ARP head studs, and fluid change. This alone should have been more than a days work which they cranked out in 4 hours without rushing and barely breaking a sweat. Awesome!

Day 3 Was dyno day and Torrie worked his magic. We all had expectations around 620 wheel horse power and were pleasantly surprised with our outcomes. Three cars and 6 hours of pure dyno time was bliss. Torrie again is a class act and a pure professional. He took parts from his own car to ensure we had all the bases covered. The numbers he posted were a huge surprise. Massive power from the stock blower! He has mad tuning skills.

Before I keep ranting I want to thank everyone involved and who helped organize this. I had an incredible time. It's about the journey and I hope we can make it even better next year.

Otis

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It will be interesting to see what changes between the 3 cars yielded the differing results.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Very well said Rob ^^

I have to say a big THANKS to Rob (otis).

I was originally going to play host at our 'shop', but we weren't sure if our place would be full of furniture during our house move. As it happened, it wasn't, but Rob was gracious enough to offer to host the work at his well-appointed garage and even put Rich and Dennis up at his house for the duration. I'm sure would have done so for Torrie had the dyno shop been closer. Moreover, he hosted dinners for a couple of nights and orchestrated a lot of the event particulars. (oh, and his wife was nice enough to make fresh cookies for us)

All class!

I was able to sneak over yesterday afternoon. Rich and Dennis put in a new battery, the double latch release, short shifter & Kip's storage compartment. Love the short shifter. They knocked out that work in no time. I was stuck at Rob's for a little bit due to rain and it was my pleasure to chat with them both.. very nice guys and very knowledgeable.

Dyno day today at Modern Auto Performance in Plymouth. http://www.maperformance.com/ Very busy facility with an AWD capable Dynojet 424x who do a lot of Japanese tuning. They loved the GT's and said it was refreshing to have some bigger HP numbers on the dyno :) The Team at MAP were very helpful and willing to jump in and drop the diffusers. Kudos to them.

Like Rich/Dennis, Torrie was great to meet and was very willing to educate an old-school guy like me about the tuning process. (my first 'car tune').

I wish I would have had more time to spend with everyone, but we'll hope to see them again next year.

----

My car - with a 2.7" pulley and Ford Racing Exhaust baseline dyno'd at 580whp/593wtq and it did not appear to have an aftermarket tune.

Since I've been pleased with the power level during the past few months of driving, I was actually excited to gain some significant RWHP.

Torrie uploaded his tune:
1st run was 601whp/617wtq.
2nd run was 625whp/618wtq
3rd run was 639whp/620wtq

My car strapped down:
c1be7aec.jpg

Rob's blue car and mine:
7609e014.jpg

Bills car (w/ bumper) - My car (no bumper):
0c288500.jpg

Rob's car w/Torrie the magician inside:
ffcc2e45.jpg

Baseline Run - Pre-Torrie:
0d455696.jpg

Torrie's Tune Runs:
fadb25ae.jpg

992b08e7.jpg

Videos - click the images:

Last edited:

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
OK - This is what it is all about!

This forum and our cars are invaluable.

A call out to Rob - thanks!! You opening your wonderful home and garage; and organizing this - priceless! I wish I could have had a bit more social time; truly a wonderful time.

To echo Rob - holy crap on the GT Guys! I'm already making my list for next year. We are all so fortunate to have so many great resources.. Rich and Dennis - thank you! You do amazing work and like all people so skilled in the art - you make it look easy.

Add to the list- we were also had Torrie here to tune our cars. As previously posted here - my car needed Torrie.. I now can have fun with it - and not worry about blowing it up... Rich, Dennis, Torrie - Class acts and again thank you for a great few days.

Though not GT resources - we have a shop in Minneapolis that we used for our dyno pulls. Modern Auto Performance. I simply don't know how they could have been more helpful. Our 3 GT's - and a number of enthusiastic observers landed today in their territory today. We had no previous history with them - but they treated us like royalty; and without exception - everyone there went out of their way to make our day perfect.

I don't get a lot of days like this - but again thanks to everyone.

Our cars - and this forum.. wow

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Fantastic day ! Photo's and graphs to come.

3 Stock blower GT's on the dyno end WHP #'s for the 3 are 639, 659, and 670 !!

That is insane! What are the details?

Normally I would be inclined to call B.S if I saw these numbers on the internet, but if the car baselined at 580 rwhp on the same dyno and ended up at 639 rwhp, there is no arguing with that. That's just nuts. And 670 rwhp???

Nice work homie!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With Rich's setup I got 644, 648 and 652 on 3 runs. It is the stock blower with pulley, tune and Accufab TB. I'll try to get to a dyno day some time but I'm not sure much more can be tweaked out of it.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That is insane! What are the details?

Normally I would be inclined to call B.S if I saw these numbers on the internet, but if the car baselined at 580 rwhp on the same dyno and ended up at 639 rwhp, there is no arguing with that. That's just nuts. And 670 rwhp???

Nice work homie!

It was really run!

The 670 came from a 2.5" pulley (18psi), accufab throttle body, long tube headers, racing "muffler", and Torries magic!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
My 659.41 HP run (ok I'm calling it 660 so call me an over exaggerator) came with a 2.7" pulley, accufab twin blade throttle body with stiffener, and GT Guys X pipe. I have the stock exhaust manifold and cats on with 93 in the tank. I also have 14k miles.

The 20 HP difference between Chris' car and mine was he has the Ford racing exhaust and no accufab throttle body and mine has twice as many miles. I also pulled 16.5 psi of boost and he only hit 15.1 psi.

Also to set the record straight Bills car did pull a 683HP on the car set for race fuel, the 670 was on 93 octane.

Rob

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I would have all of the graphs converted and up already, still waiting on the dyno shop guys to send me the DRF files. The moment they do that I will post it all up and forward to everyone.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I'm calling mine 640whp Rob. Don't feel bad :)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
i'm calling mine 640whp rob. Don't feel bad :)

win / win / win

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Dyno day
4e562102.jpg
c848b56d.jpg

Couple of service pics
e75b734c.jpg

65fe3881.jpg

095d202b.jpg

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Is that a piece of dust I see on Jason's car?!

I already have a new list going for next year (or over the winter).

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Dyno graphs

Attachments

• Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Chris.jpg
    Chris.jpg