Thank you

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I just want to say thank you to everyone that helped plan and attended this Rally. It was our first and I have to say it was the best vacation I've ever had. The people, the cars, the roads and everything in between...fantastic.

I didn't get to meet everyone there but there is always Rally 9 for that! I know not everyone does FaceBook but I'd like to have anyone we met on my FaceBook page so we can keep in contact beyond the forum. PM me for my FB contact info.

I'm horrible with names and forgot a few of the people I met. I'm the guy that had the other yellow car sitting next to Chip's beastly machine. The award we won at the dinner was a complete shocker!!!

See ya!
Rob

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rob it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife
It sure was a wonderful time!
My best regards
Ron and Mandy

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1 welcome! Was great to meet you as we'll!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks DBK!
Great venue.
Great roads....Yosemite (thanks Frankie and Co.) and PCH were incredible.
The car show and rally were fun.
I am so glad I spent the $ to ship my ride.
Nice to catch up with old friends and meet the newbies.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Great times indeed my friend. Susan and I had a blast with you and Michelle.

Vince H

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Great meeting all of you, as well.

Rob, great hanging out with you and Michelle. I still say we were robbed of the Rally trophy.

Ron, great to finally meet you. If anyone has any doubt, his online persona is exactly the same as his one in real life:)

(Spec) Andy, never got a chance to say bye to you and Kelly. Great meeting you guys. If I can make it, double shots of Jack at SEMA on me!

Vince! Hope you and Susan made it back ok with all the luggage. I'll just assume you were furiously at work cleaning your car as soon as you got home, so I won't even ask if you washed it yet. lol

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You understand me Ed!

Vince H

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Vince! PM me your FaceBook info! Same for anyone else we met that I haven't already FRQ'd.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Rob...We will remember this, our first Rally for a long time. It was great meeting you and all the other incredible personalities. I couldnt imagine a better rally holiday!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Thanks DBK for all the hard work on setting up another superb event for fellow GT’ers. A very special thanks to Ed and Heidi Sims, they were the thread that held a lot of us together. They planed outings, hauled luggage, fixed meals and were very gracious hosts. Don’t care where the rally is next year because we will be there to see old and new friends.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Dittos from me on the thanks to Heidi and Ed. Wonderful hosts who really helped make it all work for we pre and post ralliers.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Thank you DBK for everything. All was well thought out. Thank you for taking the time to arrange everything bud. Im sorry to have missed teh Friday drives but got back in time for my daughters B-Day and could barely stand up!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have to say it's very tiring having so much fun!
My wife has never seen me stay up so late .I told her I was not going to miss a minute.Mark McGowan use to stay up late with us! I guess he has"other" interests now! I am happy for him really!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
What a great Rally 8!!!
To add to everyone's comments, we are truly blessed to have such a great FGT community - a Class Act.
We are fortunate to have DBK keep this celebration of the best car on the planet going strong for 8+ years. Thank You!
And thanks to Ed and Heidi for being such great friends and hosts - you made our visit to northern California much, much better!
And (I hate to say it), but thanks to Dr. Frank (and Bill) for helping to organize the pre and post Rallys.
Frank wouldn't be such an easy target if his FGT wasn't RED! :rofl

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
The best !

How was Rally 8 ?
Well here are my favorite quotes from my copilot Mimo:
1) "Alex....Alex.....AAAALLLLEEEEXXX" :mad
2) "WOW look at that...."
3) " Alex you are ....CRAZY"
At the end of it " That was the most fun I have had in a car "......NOT ! :bs
Thank you Dave B. (I kissed you already !) Thank you Ed, Chip, Chris and all the Team that made this great Rally happen ! SEX on Wheels !
Lets see how you can better this next year ! Keep the quiz rally going ! Brilliant............. :cheers
Special thanks to Jeff and Dick.......great convoy leaders and drinking buddies !

Alex and Mimo (The Nazi and The Terrorist)..........:banana from Munich

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
How was Rally 8 ?
Well here are my favorite quotes from my copilot Mimo:
1) "Alex....Alex.....AAAALLLLEEEEXXX" :mad
2) "WOW look at that...."
3) " Alex you are ....CRAZY"
At the end of it " That was the most fun I have had in a car "......NOT ! :bs
Thank you Dave B. (I kissed you already !) Thank you Ed, Chip, Chris and all the Team that made this great Rally happen ! SEX on Wheels !
Lets see how you can better this next year ! Keep the quiz rally going ! Brilliant............. :cheers
Special thanks to Jeff and Dick.......great convoy leaders and drinking buddies !

Alex and Mimo (The Nazi and The Terrorist)..........:banana from Munich

Ha! Awesome.

Vince H

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What a great Rally 8!!!
To add to everyone's comments, we are truly blessed to have such a great FGT community - a Class Act.
We are fortunate to have DBK keep this celebration of the best car on the planet going strong for 8+ years. Thank You!
And thanks to Ed and Heidi for being such great friends and hosts - you made our visit to northern California much, much better!
And (I hate to say it), but thanks to Dr. Frank (and Bill) for helping to organize the pre and post Rallys.

Dave - Well Said!!

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:​

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
What a great Rally 8!!!

Thanks Dave T, you are always a treasured participant to the pre/post shows!

It appears most if not all R8 attendees had a spectacular time. Jen and I included.

The time and effort DBK puts into the selection/organization/negociation and execution of these events is a major undertaking of his talent. I am sure many appreciate his efforts but really have no idea what level of effort it takes to successfully execute these great get togethers for us. For the most part he has single-handedly pulled these events off with ever increasingly aplomb. And having attended each and every rally, they just continue to exceed the prior year's new normal.

This year a few others were finally allowed to help Dave with some of the logistics. Not much, but a little. It will always be Dave's annual showpiece, as it should be. And certainly a tribute to his hard work and dedication to once again giving us another GREAT rally get together.

But as I have come to realize over the years, the next years rally will be even better than the one just experienced!!:biggrin