Texas Mile Rollcall for this Weekend

Mar 15, 2006
It's been a while since I have been to the Texas Mile. While it would be fun to run a FGT there this weekend, I am stuck driving my daily driver CTS-V wagon. I am hoping that it will break into the 160's in the mile.

Anyway, I was just checking to see which FGT owners and enthusiasts are going to be in Beeville this weekend? I am there for Friday and Saturday morning. Please stop by and say hello if you are coming. Thanks.

I will be pitted near our 2 FGT customers.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's been a while since I have been to the Texas Mile. While it would be fun to run a FGT there this weekend, I am stuck driving my daily driver CTS-V wagon. I am hoping that it will break into the 160's in the mile.

I know what you mean. A 160mph station wagon is sooooo boring :) Love the CTS-V wagon, particularly yours.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll be there at 2 pm Thursday thru Sunday afternoon and ready to rumble. :)

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
We will be there as well and all I have to say is, you better bring a big pair of gloves to rumble with. In fact, you might want to bring Soroush with you to help.

See you at 2:pm!!!!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
We will be there as well and all I have to say is, you better bring a big pair of gloves to rumble with. In fact, you might want to bring Soroush with you to help.

See you at 2:pm!!!!

I'm bringing my set of Whoopass gloves........in extra large.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How do you guys feel about the new surface? Safe to run high speeds?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

plus they just had an earth quake there this morning. 5.0 on the scale :0

unless they have repaired it since last time, I would not consider going back. I might go on sunday to watch :)

mark, jason doesnt need me, his head is big enough for the both of us.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

unless they have repaired it since last time, I would not consider going back. I might go on sunday to watch :)

Come out to the GT only Mojave event. They resurfaced the runway it should be real nice and long too. Not too late to sign up.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Come out to the GT only Mojave event. They resurfaced the runway it should be real nice and long too. Not too late to sign up.

too long a trip to make for one event, trust me I would love to but Im just too lazy! and then there is the transport fee as well, just doesnt make sense, plust there is no side by side :) now for that I may have to reconsider

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

too long a trip to make for one event, trust me I would love to but Im just too lazy! and then there is the transport fee as well, just doesnt make sense, plust there is no side by side :) now for that I may have to reconsider

Skyrex is the man in charge, if anyone can get a side by side he can. The runway is more than wide enough.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll give an update on the surface tomorrow. Shannon said there are no bumps anymore.

2thDr

Jan 19, 2010
The only bumps were from the wake turbulence from my unholy runs........

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Any interesting results?

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Hmmm..

DSCF7340.jpg

DSCF7339.jpg

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

que the dueling banjos music. :)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
But, but, but.... the duct tape looks so cool! The confidence has to be pretty high.... no need to lift the clamshell between runs to give it the once over or let it cool....

Go take him, Mullet!! Mullet, Mullet, Mullet!!!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I couldn't get my GT to shift into 5th under load. No good runs this weekend for me.

[video=youtube;SE-Z9Nu506w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE-Z9Nu506w[/video]

[video=youtube;PJkApzCy0jg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkApzCy0jg[/video]

[video=youtube;7RqjoSNj0kY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqjoSNj0kY[/video]

[video=youtube;FfybRROlyUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfybRROlyUg[/video]

Mar 15, 2006
My CTS-V sport wagon ran 189.7 mph on Saturday morning. Then I drove it home (about 175 miles). Overall, the new location for the Texas Mile is very good for guys running up to 200 mph. For guys wanting to run over 200 and especially over 230 mph, there are a couple of bump / dips that make running flat out for the entire mile a bit more challenging.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I'll give an update on the surface tomorrow. Shannon said there are no bumps anymore.

Seems like that is only true if you go slow enough.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Seems like that is only true if you go slow enough.

yep. I guess I need to tell Shannon to have me go out there and run flat out to test the improvements.