Straight Chassis

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
they mesured from the rear chassis left to right comparing , rear chasis is the gear mount in other word below the airflow duct , so he was right tht armenian welder he was like ur chassis is so soooo fine its within 1mm from each side and he was like it was maybe from the factory like tht so i hav nuthing to worry about , the pics are posted in my thread

ACCIDENT IN MY GT PLZ HELP thts the title

appreciate it man

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
gauges

Gauges reversed and ready for installFGT Aircond swap 006.jpgation

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
final assembly

Nearly ready for final assemblyREady for paint 004.jpgREady for paint 006.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks great!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Did you ever consider going the GTX1 route, considering all the work you're doing? The gauge lay out makes a lot of sense.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Looks like all that hard work is about to pay off.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
FGT Home 001.jpgRear section fitted up, Bumper Delete next, My own version, pics to follow.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Awesome. I was wondering about your project a couple of weeks ago. Nice jobQ Can't wait to see pics of it on the road.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
You are either fibbing and have skills with mirrors and Photoshop or are a brilliant engineer and tech :)
Remarkably complex undertaking and excellent work. Congratulation on the progress so far. It looks like you're 75% complete. As an engineer in a different field that usually means only another 75% left to go.
All be best,
Rich

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
how are the side view mirrors working ?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow that's very impressive to say the least I wish you the best of luck. I look forward to more pictures.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
best of luck , i knw what your going through hope all gets perfect , but a question , how did u paint the stripes on the bumper ? it was the worst challenge we had

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Ute 007.jpg
My bumper Delete.. Stripes were no problem just measure and tape.
What did you have problems with

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
The hardest part of the paint was doing the bonnet with the deep recesses

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
The hardest part of the paint was doing the bonnet with the deep recesses

i know how hard it was for us just painting the stripes on the low part of the front bumper , we had to do it 3 times to centre , n still im not satisfied

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
and the tape leaks the blue paint sumtimes on to the white i wish camilo gives a visit to kuwait

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Finally have some time to get back on the GT. Rear all finished doors on. Just waiting to get to a Ford dealer to cancel key and reload.

Attachments

• GT next 003.jpg
    GT next 003.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 520
  • GT next 001.jpg
    GT next 001.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 525

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
looking good ! Keep the pictures coming ! Wow a right hooker!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yes please keep posting pics of progress

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Very happy today. Engine fired up, everything working except the odometer Air cond man is coming tomorrow to gas up the system intercooler system only took 8 litres,, Drivers manual says it hold 17litres.. Only got 20 litres into the cooling system, manual says 25litres,, haven`t really warmed it up yet, so I guess when the thermostat opens it will want some more, but not sure about the intercooler,, Have bleed the system and run the pump,, no bubbles.. Anyone know for sure how much the intercooler system hold,, Cheers