Straight Chassis

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
My Chassis finally straight and true, ready for rbuild..FGT Chassis.jpgFGT Chassis 1.jpg

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Wow. How much was it bent?

H

HHGT

I love seeing projects like this. The blood sweat and tears that goes into this will no doubt make this a vey valuable and personal GT. Well done!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
What did you use to measure?

Looks like it was bent right to the core.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Yes was quite a difficult repair, used the manual dimensions, although quite vague at times.. Chassis was set up on a jig and left side chassis rail replaced as chassis was a little out of square it had to be pulled back. Panel fit and alignment checked throughtout as well as windcreen fitment, all in all we are within 1mm of factory dimensions, Extra gusets were installed , Will update as time goes on..

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Would love to see the "before" pics.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Would love to see the "before" pics.

+1

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love seeing projects like this. The blood sweat and tears that goes into this will no doubt make this a vey valuable and personal GT. Well done!

X2. That is no mean feat.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Chassis as purchased

This is what I started withHPIM2946.jpg

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You picked the best colour to save!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Outstanding.

Yes was quite a difficult repair, used the manual dimensions, although quite vague at times.. Chassis was set up on a jig and left side chassis rail replaced as chassis was a little out of square it had to be pulled back. Panel fit and alignment checked throughout as well as windscreen fitment, all in all we are within 1mm of factory dimensions, Extra gussets were installed , Will update as time goes on..

Ultra,

I love to see this as well. Unlike most vehicles that will be scrapped within 15 years, these cars are rare and beautiful works of art that will be treasured by enthusiasts long after we are all dead. Out of 4038 cars produced there are now fewer than 2900 in the U.S. and that # probably shrinks by about one a week. Bringing a badly wounded Ford GT back to life is a worthy endeavor. We are all custodians of automobiles that will outlive us to bring joy to the next generation of owners seeking out the Holy Grail of Ford automobiles. Well done. :thumbsup

Chip

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Clamshell repaired and ready for paintFGT Clamshell 002.jpg

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
GREAT JOB!!!!!

Larry

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great job, keep the pictures coming as you progress. I see you have parts from black and red pannels, what final color are you planning?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Cool project… are you going with stock rebuild or adding a couple of jet turbines?

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Chassis coming together Front suspension going on. Waiting for steering box to do the Right hand drive conversion..FGT rebuild 001.JPGFGT rebuild 002.JPGFGT rebuild 003.JPGFGT rebuild 004.JPG

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Car will be blue as already painted main section,, No T/T`s just smaller blower pulley, and tune..

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Ford GT rebuild 002.jpgFord GT rebuild 002.JPGFord GT rebuild 003.JPGFord GT rebuild 004.JPGFord GT rebuild 005.JPGFront and rear suspension all fitted. Right hand drive steering box(Aussie Holden Commodore, with modified Ford Falcon track arms) Clamshell,hood, doors, Front Bumper 1/4 panels and side skirts, all painted. Next job is the right hand drive steering column and dash. Not looking forward to doing the dash conversion, or the console.. Hand brake has been converted.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Ford GT rebuild 006.JPGFord GT rebuild 007.JPG

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Pretty big project. But sounds like your'e having fun. Nice job!