STORMY VS HELENOR

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Brian
That is amazing! I would have never bet on those results!
Congratulations on your 200+ run!
You can say you are faster than me again!
Happy for you my brother!

Reactions: RPM217 and STORMCAT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Tough duty for Terry! (y) haha

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Thanks for sharing - very cool!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian,

Holy shit dude 192 mph in the standing mile with a pully-tune '06 GT is unreal. Most of them make 175 to 180 tops. 190+ is incredable. Well done. That's a hell of a tune!!

Chip
I hit 193.3 in the mile with pulley and tune on a cool spring morning in 2013. Strong tailwind is a key factor! Without the tailwind, I think your range is normal.

Thanks Chip and Mr Trayd.. I was actually hoping for a bigger mile number in the 06 GT. In 2010 I ran a 194.96 MPH in much better weather conditions. In 2010 the air temp was in the 50's and we had a tail wind. My car accelerates much harder now than it did than because of my lighter rotational mass package so that just goes to show you how much cooler weather/ higher HP helps the top end. I know my car well and based on the weather ( warmer temps this time around ) I guessed my MPH with in 1 MPH for both cars.. Go have some fun guys !! it was a blast. I should have a video soon..2019-04-04 12.08.15.jpg

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow! Great idea and good times!
With the mods, 2006 ? hP

around 620 to 640 at the wheels, lots of weight out of the car,, Batcave secrets.. sorry.. :)

Hitting 216 mph in your '06, Dang Brian!!! Excellent!

I know nothing about how long it takes to reach a top speed. Was there anything left in it?

And nice to have the IMRA world records for both cars too. Congrats!(y)

a little left.. needs some cooler air to get there,, MPH started to drop off as the day and the cars got hotter..

Excellent Brian but if you had run the EFS in the 2017 Ford GT you would have run faster! Guaranteed! PS The 06 would have run even faster on EFS!

Waiting for the test from Roush on the EFS verdict.. :) That or we car run the cars side by side,, like they say in Missouri " show me " :)

Reactions: THamonGT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool Stormcat. Both fast & good looking cars. Amazing to think a street legal car can go over 200mph!

Ed

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
Does the new car feel like it will go 216 like Ford says?

Seems like if it was a bit cooler it could get really close.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Great post Brian.
Always out in front with news, info and stuff we wish we had tried.
Some day I like to see where my recent P&T gets the 05.
Just awesome.. Sounds like a great day!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This is a great post! Especially for the the 05,06 owners!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Can you at least divulge the weight of Helenor? 😁

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Really cool Brian. Did you take your wing off to reduce drag or are you just trying to be like your older brother Terry. Maybe when you grow up!!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Good stuff. How does the high speed stability compare between the cars?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Brian,

Holy shit dude 192 mph in the standing mile with a pully-tune '06 GT is unreal. Most of them make 175 to 180 tops. 190+ is incredable. Well done. That's a hell of a tune!!

Chip
I hit 193.3 in the mile with pulley and tune on a cool spring morning in 2013. Strong tailwind is a key factor! Without the tailwind, I think your range is normal.

Wow! I was thinking the same thing but apparently it happens occasionally with a strong tune and optimal conditions.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Really cool Brian. Did you take your wing off to reduce drag or are you just trying to be like your older brother Terry. Maybe when you grow up!!! Sounds like a lot of fun.
See pictures of cars,,, Of course I took the wing off silly Rabbit.. That's for going around corners fast.. :cool:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
See pictures of cars,,, Of course I took the wing off silly Rabbit.. That's for going around corners fast.. :cool:

My guess is the the wing would slow down the car by as much as 10% top speed. I'm no engineer so its a guess.

Great aero info:

https://nasaspeed.news/tech/aero/ai...ases-lap-times-and-isnt-that-the-whole-point/

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Any hp gains with the exhaust on the NFGT? Plans to tune this one?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Great job, Brian. Now if you can run them back-to-back on a road course and report, that would be awesome!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Right on Brian. Gotta say the 3 hour drive to Cape Canaveral enabled me to feel her up a bit🤠 ( as per your recommendation ) 👍
And boy does she pull hard! Or more like a runaway train. Hellenor accelerates effortlessly and exponentially. Makes my 713 rwhp whipple feel heavy! Thank you for sharing the love. Finest 06 I’ve ever experienced and thank you for the opportunity.

Reactions: STORMCAT

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice video..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Right on Brian. Gotta say the 3 hour drive to Cape Canaveral enabled me to feel her up a bit🤠 ( as per your recommendation ) 👍
And boy does she pull hard! Or more like a runaway train. Hellenor accelerates effortlessly and exponentially. Makes my 713 rwhp whipple feel heavy! Thank you for sharing the love. Finest 06 I’ve ever experienced and thank you for the opportunity.
Thanks again !!