Stopped for WHAT????

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Two things....one I step away for a day and....BAM.....thread gone crazy. :lol One of the things I love about this place. The fun little border skirmishes that break out. :thumbsup

I too have the license plate in the car, but I also agree with EP, I'll take the ticket over putting on the plate everyday of the week. You don't paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa and you don't put a front license plate on a GT!!! :cheers

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I posted this story a couple of years ago on another thread but these posts reminded me of it so I'm reposting a police incident I had before I moved back to the U.S. with my car.

I was driving my car in London the other day trying to find a hotel which was difficult to spot. I saw two police cars pulled over and stopped my car about fifty yards ahead of these cruisers and ran back to ask them if they knew the location of the hotel. One of the cops asked if that was my GT 40 and started walking towards it. He began telling me that there were only 29 of these cars in the United Kingdom (28 actually) and proved to know more about the car than I did. He then asked if he could sit in it. When I said yes he took off his belt, which held all of his weaponry, and put it on the sidewalk. He climbed into my car and started revving the engine with a huge grin on his face. You've gotta love these cars!

Rob

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
LOL, good story Jess!

Counting the cop in Death Valley, I've been pulled over 3 times now, and gotten 3 warnings...two for speeding and one for no front plate.

Please excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on....

:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
LOL, good story Jess!

Counting the cop in Death Valley, I've been pulled over 3 times now, and gotten 3 warnings...two for speeding and one for no front plate.

Please excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on....

:cheers

its too late you just jinks-ed yourself:biggrin

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great stories!!! I cannot jinks my self by bragging too much about my warnings. I have been amazed(and lucky) to have CHP officers approach my car very serious and behaving very official. After they check my licence and registration then come back and turn into kids, asking me questions about my cool car and then telling me to rev. my engine as a drive away, so they can follow me and listen to the engine.
:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I was in a local parking lot and a sergeant on the local police force pulled up and wanted to look at the car. I asked him if he would like a ride and he said yes. Off we went, him in the passenger seat, uniform, gunbelt and all. Started out cautious and then a bit more aggressive. Told him to look at the speedo.....he said " Don't show me!" Of course, I only wanterd him to see that I was abiding by all traffic laws. Gave me his business card but didn't prevent the following.

Another occurence happened when I was coming up to a red light, estimated 20 mph in a 30mph zone. Motorcycle cop swings around after passing me. I know what he wants. I have a Texas metal dealer plate. Only one required. If you have regular Texas plates two are required. So I assume he sees no front plate and things he has a violation. I turn left into a parking lot, still before the red light. I get out and ask him what I did. He plays the sterotypical stoic cop. License and registration please. Don't move please. etc etc. He says "Well I originally turned around because I didn't see a front plate but I see you have a dealer plate on the rear, but that isn't why you will be receiving a citation." Oh really, enlighten me. "You failed to yield when you turned left into the parking lot. The oncoming car had to hit his brakes." Bottom line is.....do you think I would turn a $160K car across directly in front of someone who might hit me? And if the officer hadn't turned around to start with I would not have turned left into the parking lot. geeez!! So I took defensive driving...cost about $200 bucks total.

3rd episode. Turning a corner in an almost abandoned area....fields on both sides, no cross streets, no danger. There is a gas station on the corner where I turned, but desolate otherwise. I goose it a bit.....run up to about 60 in a 40 and let off ...back to 40 as civilization begins. A cop saw me when I turned and turned on his radar gun. He was parked at the gas station, I did not see him when I turned. No cars, no buildings, no pedestrians, no cross streets.....just about a quarter mile of nothing but solid curb on both sides. I was guilty but man oh man. 90 days deferred and $200 court cost.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Only in TEXAS Ha. That just proves Jess we need to have Rally IV in TEXAS where they LET YOU GO when stopped! Great Story. Come On Guys, Come To Texas and Mess With Her. Tomy

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And Prowler bought the Nardo car with that kind of driving history?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And Prowler bought the Nardo car with that kind of driving history?

Yep, that Cauze it cannot goez more than 4 mph. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
""You failed to yield when you turned left into the parking lot. The oncoming car had to hit his brakes." Bottom line is.....do you think I would turn a $160K car across directly in front of someone who might hit me?" - Prowler

No. The REAL bottom line here is he's wunna those LEO's who's on a power trip. THAT and/or he pbly has "issues" with guys who drive high end cars. Or both. Either way he's gunna come up with SOME "reason" to ticket you. I'm familiar with 'the signs'. We have one such LEO right here in my home town. 'Lovely individual. Just lovely.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
""You failed to yield when you turned left into the parking lot. The oncoming car had to hit his brakes." Bottom line is.....do you think I would turn a $160K car across directly in front of someone who might hit me?" - Prowler

No. The REAL bottom line here is he's wunna those LEO's who's on a power trip. THAT and/or he pbly has "issues" with guys who drive high end cars. Or both. Either way he's gunna come up with SOME "reason" to ticket you. I'm familiar with 'the signs'. We have one such LEO right here in my home town. 'Lovely individual. Just lovely.

Been quoted nearly those exact words even by some of his fellow brethren.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
been Quoted Nearly Those Exact Words Even By Some Of His Fellow Brethren.

I just knew it!!!

'Same story with my local LEO's brethern!