Stopped for WHAT????

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Hey guys, I normally don't create posts, but his happened to me the other day and it's just to damned funny not to share;

So my life has been a little rough lately through a burgulary followed by a hurricane so I decide to take the Batmobile to work last Friday. I get on to Beltway 8 here in Houston at Westheimer and need to give her a bit of stick to get over to the far right lane to exit onto Westpark Tollway Westbound. I'm doing 90 or so by the time I get to the left lane, and I look into the rearview to see a f*ckin constable on my tail. Slow down, dial up brightness on halo (drive exactly speed limit), etc. 2 miles down the road the guy pulls me over, and so it begins:

officer: is this really a Ford?
me: yup.
officer: really?
me: indeedy it is.
officer: a Ford what?
me: a Ford GT
officer: like a mustang?
me: does it look like a f*ckin mustang to you?
officer: I've never seen one - you're free to go
me: OK, so why did you pull me over?
officer: I ran your plates and it came up a Ford, so I thought it was a Ferrari with stolen plates.
me (laughing hard): This car exists as a result of it's heritage the design intent of which was to destroy ferraris, but she is for sure an American supercar and a Ford.
officer: cool!
me: cut me some slack if you see me hauling ass.
officer: no problem - have a nice day!
me: and you!
:lol:lol:lol

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
"me: does it look like a f*ckin mustang to you?"
Too funny way to go:thumbsup

H

HHGT

MOST EXCELLENT STORY - Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
"I Never Ticket Mustangs"

Ahhhh - Beautiful story, and a great respectful officer!

Reminded me - About a year or so ago I was driving my restored '66 Mustang 2+2 (original owner) to Southern California and needed to be there in a relative hurry. Most of the way is no problem, down US 395 through the lower Owen's Valley to Inyokern and continuing across the Mojave Desert to Kramer Junction and Adelanto (where I always NEVER exceed the 50 mph limit), ever watchful for our great CHP's. Stopping to refuel at the Pilot station at the junction of US 395 and I-15, I was almost finished when one of these black & white cruisers also pulled into the station, slowly pulling by me as he went to park (probably for a cup of coffee).

As I was finishing refueling, he jaunted over to me and said "nice Mustang - you seem to drive it pretty conservatively."

After we chatted about its heritage, condition, etc, I said, "Well it's a good thing you weren't on 395 north of Adalanto, as I was moving along rather quickly."

And, he replied' "I wouldn't have stopped you anyway - I never give tickets to Mustangs!" We shook hands smiling and proceeded on our different journeys.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:eek 'BATMOBILE???:eek

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Hey guys, I normally don't create posts, but his happened to me the other day and it's just to damned funny not to share;

So my life has been a little rough lately through a burgulary followed by a hurricane so I decide to take the Batmobile to work last Friday. I get on to Beltway 8 here in Houston at Westheimer and need to give her a bit of stick to get over to the far right lane to exit onto Westpark Tollway Westbound. I'm doing 90 or so by the time I get to the left lane, and I look into the rearview to see a f*ckin constable on my tail. Slow down, dial up brightness on halo (drive exactly speed limit), etc. 2 miles down the road the guy pulls me over, and so it begins:

officer: is this really a Ford?
me: yup.
officer: really?
me: indeedy it is.
officer: a Ford what?
me: a Ford GT
officer: like a mustang?
me: does it look like a f*ckin mustang to you?
officer: I've never seen one - you're free to go
me: OK, so why did you pull me over?
officer: I ran your plates and it came up a Ford, so I thought it was a Ferrari with stolen plates.
me (laughing hard): This car exists as a result of it's heritage the design intent of which was to destroy ferraris, but she is for sure an American supercar and a Ford.
officer: cool!
me: cut me some slack if you see me hauling ass.
officer: no problem - have a nice day!
me: and you!
:lol:lol:lol

your in houston? have we met? what color is your car? batmobile would suggest black no stripes:confused

soroush

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Good story - you might have been tempted to add:

"And I suppose I look like OJ f*ckin Simpson too!"

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You said the "F" word and he still let you go? Come on.... You just put that in there for our sake, right? Non-the-less great story! :thumbsup

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
your in houston? have we met? what color is your car? batmobile would suggest black no stripes:confused

soroush

Hi Souroush. The car is indeed black w/ no stripes. Tomy has mentioned you several times, but we haven't met. I know Tomy, and I've talked to Sanjay and Kevin but haven't met them either.

Look forward to meeting you guys one of these days!

Jess

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
You said the "F" word and he still let you go? Come on.... You just put that in there for our sake, right? Non-the-less great story! :thumbsup

No, it's the way I talk when I hear phenomenally stupid statements, and when I'm at my limit with two hurricaned houses, no power for a week, burgularized the week before that, no gas, bad traffic, etc. Patience is never one of my virtues to start with, but it had been a particularly bad few weeks.

Jess

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi Souroush. The car is indeed black w/ no stripes. Tomy has mentioned you several times, but we haven't met. I know Tomy, and I've talked to Sanjay and Kevin but haven't met them either.

Look forward to meeting you guys one of these days!

Jess

At least Houston is a big city. Two Black No Stripes. What are the odds? There were 35 Heritage Paints sold in Canada (at least that's what I'm led to believe), and there are TWO in Edmonton. This is a SMALL city fellas!!! If I get a photo ticket, I'm gonna claim it was the other guy!!! :lol

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh, by the way Longhorn, that story is epic!! Thanks for sharing it!! :thumbsup I hope that I'm as lucky if I'm ever stopped! :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
At least Houston is a big city. Two Black No Stripes. What are the odds? There were 35 Heritage Paints sold in Canada (at least that's what I'm led to believe), and there are TWO in Edmonton. This is a SMALL city fellas!!! If I get a photo ticket, I'm gonna claim it was the other guy!!! :lol

with jess's car there are 3 blk no stripes (that I know of) in the houston area. derral is the other owner besides my self.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great story!! Thanks for sharing it. Living in California I am waiting for the "why don't you have a license plate on the front of your vehicle" pull over. :lol :cheers

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Great story!! Thanks for sharing it. Living in California I am waiting for the "why don't you have a license plate on the front of your vehicle" pull over. :lol :cheers

I've gotten that warning in my work car before (SRT-8 Magnum). I keep the front plate behind the passenger seat in the hopes of popping it into the dashboard in time. I would have hoped their time was better spent, but apparently not so much...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I keep the front plate behind the passenger seat in the hopes of popping it into the dashboard in time.

Aaaaaaah, but, ya see-th, it's like this-eth, 'horn... DAT'S illegal too! (If your state's law is written the same as Washington's, that is.) They use the excuse that "glare" could prevent it from being read clearly, blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line - you'll get a ticket if there's no plate mounted up front - unless you're pulled over by a LEO who understands the situation.

(My attitude was: screw it. I'm NOT drillin' holes in a $200,000 car. Any ticket I might get would just be treated as another GT tax - and THEN I'd march it up the legal daisy chain until I found a judge who's familiar with the "equal peotection" clause of the constitution and get the darn thing thrown out.)

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Aaaaaaah, but, ya see-th, it's like this-eth, 'horn... DAT'S illegal too! (If your state's law is written the same as Washington's, that is.) They use the excuse that "glare" could prevent it from being read clearly, blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line - you'll get a ticket if there's no plate mounted up front - unless you're pulled over by a LEO who understands the situation.

(My attitude was: screw it. I'm NOT drillin' holes in a $200,000 car. Any ticket I might get would just be treated as another GT tax - and THEN I'd march it up the legal daisy chain until I found a judge who's familiar with the "equal peotection" clause of the constitution and get the darn thing thrown out.)

I feel your pain Larry.

Attachments

• FORD GT.jpg
    FORD GT.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 109

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
(My attitude was: screw it. I'm NOT drillin' holes in a $200,000 car. Any ticket I might get would just be treated as another GT tax)

Pockets you don't get tickets when the tires never touch the public roads! :lol

I know, you told your wife this post was a coming. I have to match your post counts to not fall too far behind.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets you don't get tickets when the tires never touch the public roads! :lol

I know, you told your wife this post was a coming. I have to match your post counts to not fall too far behind.

The sunrise is not as dependable as wunna themthere types of posts!

(So, with this reply, I'm now back AHEAD of ya by 1 post and yer efforts have netted ya NUTHIN'! :tongue)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
+1