Stillen front splitter and rear diffuser

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
thanks Bony

I just sent him an email from his Ebay account. I think it is the same address.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The single adjustable could be a nice option .Talk to Alex.He is very knowledgeable and will help you make the right choice for you.Let me know what you decide .
c 313-600-5383 alex#

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I need to track down a local member with the Penskes. It's one mod I have been going back on forth on for weeks.

I've got 'em. I am very pleased with the purchase and would buy another set if needed. I do not know much about adjusting the setup and simply asked that it be preset for agressive road use.

Let me know if you want to look them over.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
ive purchased the stillen "longer" diffuser but of course have not gotten to the point im ready to install but feel like it will not upset the balance of the car - although i must admit i purchased it for one as i needed a diffuser and
i like the look of the longer diffuser

steve

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
...but feel like it will not upset the balance of the car -

steve

So Steve, how do you conclude this?
Ridden in a car at high speed with and without? Taken any data?
What supports your "feel"?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please read Kyles comments. There have been no tests on deflection at WOT. I have the same set on #1153, but then again, I have no plans to do a air strip event either.
If I did, I would be back to stock configuration. I have already received this strong advise from team members.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
just going off my personal experience with the formula cars i raced in scca - where we tried some different style and length diffusers and didnt have any
noticeable effects in feel or laptimes

steve

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am only guessing so take my opinions for what they cost, ZERO!

The Stillens front splitter is much longer and made of a more pliable material than the stock version. I think at 200+ MPH some deflection, or bending of the splitter would be occur. One could imagine what the handling would be like of the leading edge was oscillating in the wind. The same may be said for the rear diffuser. But I am only guessing. Maybe someone can video the pieces at 200 MPH to verify. If they are stiff enough to remain stable at speed I wouldn't have any concerns about them.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I've got 'em. I am very pleased with the purchase and would buy another set if needed. I do not know much about adjusting the setup and simply asked that it be preset for agressive road use.

Let me know if you want to look them over.

lets race around the twistiez and see :rofl

i'll probably end up going with the single adjustables

Aug 25, 2006
I work successfully with Stillen on a regular basis as such would have no concern with that which they offer for a cosmetic change however with the present day thrust being top speed mile runs I would never alter the aero systems on these gals unless first tested in a wind tunnel because at speeds of 200 mph a car can quickly become a wing.

Takes care

Shadowman

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Bill!
Exactly my point......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Obviously I concur as it appears does Kyle. :)