Spreadsheet of production for each color

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
As promised, Tim Cantwell faxed me the sheet he got at the Rally from Mark Lindgen at Saleen. I typed it into Excel, did the percentages, and sorted the data.

This was the production data as of 8/2/06, so the final numbers will be a bit different.

I also noticed that the data shows there were no silver cars built with no stripes, however I have a photo from the detroit car show where they showed such a car. However, the 17 "unknown" cars shown in 2005 includes preproduction and test vehicles, so maybe that covers it.

I've sorted the data using the total production, from the most common to the least.

As an example, you can see that the most common color scheme is red with stripes, with 523 built in 2005 (25.6% of that year's production), 288 built in 2006 (15.4% of that year's production), for a total of 811 built in both years (20.73% of the total production).

You can also see, that as I had hoped, my Blue/no stripes GT is indeed very rare, with 8 built as of that date. (However, a certain Mr. Shelby has supposedly ordered a few cars like mine... http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26948&postcount=14 ..., so white/no stripes may end up the rarest after final production ends).

UPDATE: PROBABLE ERROR IN 2005 DATA

I agree that the "zero 2005's in yellow with stripes" must be incorrect, but that's the data that was provided on the sheet.

(Zero silver, red, white or blue 2005's with no stripes also seems VERY suspicious.....)

I don't think it makes sense for me to arbitrarily change the data, but perhaps we can get corrected data from someone at Saleen or Ford.

Attachments

• ford gt colors 3.gif
    ford gt colors 3.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 3,387
Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks again Paul for taking my hard copy and creating the spreadsheet. I have had lots of inquiries based on the sheet Mr. Lindgren provided me. This will be helpful to all of us!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
If you disregard the stripe configuration, here are the totals by color.

I think it's interesting that Tungsten was the most common color for 2006 (some folks thought it was limited production, although Ford never said it was) And Heritage is the second-most common color for 2006.

Attachments

• ford gt basic colors.gif
    ford gt basic colors.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 2,744
Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There was a silver no stripe at the Rally, do not hold me to it, but was it Manny from Fla? Geez it was only 2 weeks ago, and I can't remember.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Never mind, you mean no stripe AND side stripe delete........

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Is 3,913 the final total of cars produced?

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
The term on the factory paperwork is "BODY SIDE TAPE STRIPE DELETE" "NC" - I have one in SO CAL.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
342 heritages per GT manager

Mike Z told me 342 heritages by the time they fold the tents. And, it proves that the absolute best and rarest color choice is.........the one that fits the keys in your hand!!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good stuff Centerpunch. Thanks for posting.

Will you also get data on wheel/stereo/brake options so we can sort on that?

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Do you have a data sheet that provide colors along with the other options? :willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Pfeiffer will have all the option data once the run is done.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Great info. Thanks .....

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Good work

....Dang...you guys are good! Thanks for the good work!

G. :cheers

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
thanks

Bobcobra

May 30, 2006
LEMANSZ said:
Centerpunch, I have discovered one possible error on your spreadsheet.
Pertaining to Yellow 2005 models, you show zero cars with roof and side stripes, yet 89 yellow cars with no stripes. I think common sense tells us that this is backwards. My data base of over 2500 GT's tells me that there are dozens of "full striped" 2005 models. Think those figures were transposed somewhere along the line.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Stats

Some of those numbers are hard to believe. Zero all red cars in 2005 ??? There was one on Ebay for most of 2005 from a dealer in Batavia, New York,
No (ZERO) yellow cars with stripes in 2005 ??? but 89 all yellow --no stripe cars in 2005 ?? Thats even harder to believe .

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Centerpunch:

Can you make the *.xls file available as a download?

The results for the Tungsten are not unexpected. Dealers believed that it was limited and eagerly ordered it as they did fully optioned cars.

Interesting how a sense of urgency can direct the way orders are made.

I would imagine that 99% of owners are happy with the color choice they made, whether active or passive decision.

Thanks Centerpunch for posting the data provided you.

- doc

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
If they really made 3+ Heritage, after indicating 200, I may change my mind on purchasing another 'limited production' Ford.

So They announce 200 GR-1's, then make 500 after I buy one.

Guess I should have gotten that 200 number in writting. :biggrin

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Just so I understand what diffeence does it make whetever Ford made 200 or 300 cars of a particular color?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
17 unknown in 2005...