ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yellow Painted Stripe 2005's

I know that the data on no yellow 2005's with painted stripes is in error because I looked at a new one with the window sticker on it. The car was a 2005, had painted stripes, and the window sticker listed them. I'm sure that the no stripe-painted stripe #'s for the yellow cars are transposed. Great information Centerpunch. Thanks!

Chip

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
ChipBeck said:
I know that the data on no yellow 2005's with painted stripes is in error because I looked at a new one with the window sticker on it. The car was a 2005, had painted stripes, and the window sticker listed them. I'm sure that the no stripe-painted stripe #'s for the yellow cars are transposed. Great information Centerpunch. Thanks!

Chip

PROBABLE ERROR IN 2005 DATA

I agree that the "zero 2005's in yellow with stripes" must be incorrect, but that's the data that was provided on the sheet.

(Zero silver, red, white or blue 2005's with no stripes also seems VERY suspicious.....)

I don't think it makes sense for me to arbitrarily change the data, but perhaps we can get corrected data from someone at Saleen or Ford.

Last edited:

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Yellow GT numbers

I must also comment on and question the production quantities shown for yellow GTs.

No '05 yellow with painted racing stripes is clearly in error. During my search for a yellow GT I documented (by VIN #) 25 '05 yellow all with painted stripes over a several month period just on eBay! No other configuration of yellow GTs (both '05 & '06) were even listed on eBay during this period.

FYI: Last week I was provided with the following yellow GT production numbers (total '05 & '06) directly from Saleen:

14 solid yellow - no stripes
21 yellow with side stripe only
137 yellow with black painted stripe

172 grand total yellow GTs

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Wow! I didn't realize when I purchased a Silver GT that I was buying the least produced color. I feel like I have a limited edition run :wink

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Centerpunch:

Thank you; downloaded.

(P.S. 13 year old daughter loves the mashups)

- doc

P.S. Rarest GT appears to have been a Blue/White `06 with missing parts. Just joking. Car is perfect now.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Different Strokes

LEMANSZ said:
Just so I understand what diffeence does it make whetever Ford made 200 or 300 cars of a particular color?

Thanks for collecting and organizing the data. I think it is interesting but makes no difference at all. All GTs are beautiful and I would gladly own a second in any color/combination made. :cheers

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Update to the sheet

Since I got the sheet from Saleen on 8/2, I will make it a point to get an updated build sheet in September when I take delivery of my new Saleen. They will be either totally finished, or dang close to finishing the last GT by the time my motor is built. I have been talking with Mitch Gadd and others at Saleen at least every three days or so since our meet. :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
SuperB said:
If they really made 3+ Heritage, after indicating 200, I may change my mind on purchasing another 'limited production' Ford.

So They announce 200 GR-1's, then make 500 after I buy one.

Guess I should have gotten that 200 number in writting. :biggrin

If it bothers you that much my friend, I'd be more than happy to help out & take that Heritage off your hands! :biggrin Then you can buy a white or blue w/no stripe & be very...rare!! :lol

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Data

The point really does need to made that how it is possible that a company like Ford (or their surregates) can make only 3913 cars or widgets or whatevers and not know exactly how many were what color and then proffer incorrect, illogical data and then top it all off with "unknowns". PS: the second non-existant all red 05 was sold by the Ford place in Scoittsboro AL early on.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
GT Colors

I know of a 05 Silver "NO OPTIONS" S/S DELETE, in Texas that went to a buyer in Fla. It was the GT that I wanted, but it was spoken for. I got a 06 Tungsten with NO STRIPS/STEREO !!

AMB

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Specracer said:
There was a silver no stripe at the Rally, do not hold me to it, but was it Manny from Fla? Geez it was only 2 weeks ago, and I can't remember.

No mine has the stripes. Would have been pretty cool to have an all silver though.

Manny

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
DUROC said:
Is 3,913 the final total of cars produced?

I heard from a pretty reliable source during the factory tours that the total # of production cars (including the Canadian cars) will be 4038.

-RickM
2005 #2032

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Production numbers

I just received a response from Saleen that reads as follows:

"The solid yellow GT without painted black stripe and/or black side vinyl stripe is the rarest PRODUCTION Ford GT produced. The only lower combination is a one of a kind special NON PRODUCTION NON STANDARD sonic blue (not midnight blue) unit with a white stripe that was special produced for a charity auction.

Total Ford GT production will be 4038 units (2027 2005 Model Year units and 2011 2006 Model Year units)"

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Tim,
When you go to Saleen please check the Red 2005 no stripe quanty.

I have #1551 -all red no stripes.

Attachments

• resized_GT #1551.jpg
    resized_GT #1551.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I think blue, no stripes, no Mac would be pretty rare.

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Silver without painted stripes

I have an '05 Silver without painted stripes, and with the side delete tape stripes. I did add the side tape stripes, but the window sticker shows side delete stripes. I think its pretty rare ???

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
centerpunch said:
You can also see, that as I had hoped, my Blue/no stripes GT is indeed very rare, with 8 built as of that date. (However, a certain Mr. Shelby has supposedly ordered a few cars like mine... [QUOTE=centerpunch] I was with Ca... mark down 10 for ole Shel on the GT registry

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Was there ever an update on a breakdown of all options (calipers / McIntosh).

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
You know what's rare????? You guys... Centerpunch.... great info thanks!! All you other guys..... I can't believe the passion about the rarities of the options of our cars

One thing though from the other thread.

How many of them had the SUB :rofl :lol seriously.. how many????

Great thread, info and enthusiasm....

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I was there in the silver, side stripe only