Shadowman Sharing a few of the gal's that have come to visit Area-51

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I won't be home until Thursday night. If you're still there, let me know. If you're wining and dining, try Pappy's barbecue on Olive just East of Grand in St. Louis. Picnic tables inside, but best BBQ in St. Louis.

First the Steak Joint, now the BBQ Joint.... Thank you again for the excellent recommendations.

I'm a hero to my clients :thumbsup We went to Pappy's for lunch. The line to get in took about 45 minutes, but it was well worth it.

Unfortunately I am going to have to owe you that birthday cocktail sir. Getting out of Dodge first thing in the morning for meetings in LA. I will be back soon though to pay my debt!:biggrin

Last edited:

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Upon returning from vacation, I re-read this thread. The fact that a longtime forum member would accuse Bill of being “arrogant” is laughable at best. Of all terms to use regarding Bill, arrogant would be the last one I would choose. He’s confident & extremely thorough in what he does. But he always available, and willing to help you solve any problem you should have.

Two quick personal examples-
I had an exhaust stud break off in the head. I tried on my own for a day to get it out. Unable to do so, I called Bill and we chatted about it. He offered some more advice. I worked on it some more but was still unable to get the problem solved. Later that evening, he called to check on my progress. When I informed him I was still stuck, he said he was getting into his car, and headed my way. He drove an hour and a half to my shop, and worked with me into the wee hours of the morning, until the problem was solved.

Second example- Bill knew I was going to be replacing my first clutch & transaxle. Without me asking, he showed up at my shop to help, support & assist in any way he could. Again, without being asked . . . doesn’t sound too arrogant or selfish to me.

If you’ve ever been to Bill’s shop, you know the phone is constantly ringing. It’s always people (forum members, forum venders, GT techs…) calling to get advice, help or suggestions from him. If you know Bill, you also know he ALWAYS takes the time to offer his assistance in any way he can. I honestly don’t know how he gets any of his own work done since I believe he spends a large part of his day helping others with their own issues, never asking for anything in return. He truly enjoys “being there” for the members of this forum.

I have spent a lot of time with Bill, professionally and personally, including family vacations together. Bill is constantly raising the bar on what we should expect as GT owners. His work is above & beyond anything out there. Honestly, I think he has every right to be arrogant- he does the best work I’ve ever seen. But the fact of the matter is, he’s NOT!! He’s humble, kind, helpful and can take a razzing from my wife, which shows he can take anything thrown at him with his cool, casual style.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sandman, you must have some other Bill working with you. Nobody could be that perfect.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sandman, you must have some other Bill working with you. Nobody could be that perfect.

as if you didn't already know....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I can vouch for Bill in regard to his knowledge, workmanship and attention to detail as it relates to cars among other things. He isn't perfect, but as close too perfect as I have found! :thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Shadowman The Best

Shadowman is the most crazily detailed person I have ever met. He will spend hours making something only to throw it away & start again until he is pleased. His devotion to doing better than possible is rare. He is very honest & is always available to lend help or encouragement. Negative comments will sometimes arise but they come from the uninformed & ignorant few. Shadowman is a tremendous asset to the GT community & this forum. He always strives for perfection & in that goal he achieves excellence.

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all again for the kind words and support as well as the interest as shared in the custom traction control system. My passion for these gals and this Forum is extreme as is my desire for each and every person to have the very “best” ownership experience possible.

Now I will have this particular project updated on my website early in the week however for the mean time here are a few pictures sharing some of steps involved with the integration of the system.

Some of these pictures are of the custom traction control system's control and information center; the system is adjustable on the fly meaning as shared in real time so one can adjust the system based on road conditions, incorporated into the system is launch control, full throttle shifting, and the solo led serves two purposes; it shines red when the system is off however flashes amber when the wheels are slipping. The system is integrated using all custom wiring harness with only premium multi-seal Deutsch connectors and in the case of the control and information center it was integrated into the plastic leatherette appearing OEM steering shroud because of location relative to the driver and because the OEM steering column shroud retails for under $50 as such it is IMO a consumable item meaning that it would be both easy and inexpensive to replace these pieces and return her to OEM if one so desired; but why would they.

Then add to this there are pictures showing some of the many custom wiring harnesses as created and all have been sheathed as if OEM and all have been labeled so as to insure the ease of future service and then there are the large coils of multi colored wire that will be integrated from stem to stern within the gal after which they too will be terminated with mult seal Deutsch connetors and labeled.

Thank you again

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC06391.JPG
    DSC06391.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC06392.JPG
    DSC06392.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC06374.JPG
    DSC06374.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC06388.JPG
    DSC06388.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC06394.JPG
    DSC06394.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Continued ........

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC06412.JPG
    DSC06412.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC06413.JPG
    DSC06413.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC06428.JPG
    DSC06428.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC06429.JPG
    DSC06429.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC06431.JPG
    DSC06431.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
One of the gals under the proverbial knife just had her project section updated; this is one of the gals presently having the custom traction control system integrated

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=projects_INVSBUL4

Takes care

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Bill your post reminds me of a nightmare I had before the TX Rally.

Your workmanship puts everyone else I know to SHAME, including myself!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nice...this is one of thee coolest mods

Kingman and I changed my oil this week.....think we can handle this project Bill?:bored

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

Here is Phase 5 of this particular traction control system integration

Takes care

Shadowman

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=projects_INVSBUL5

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Nice work.

When you doing the final set up { programing the race logic ect... } Are things like tire size, brake modifications, transaxel ratio's, or engine modifications
taken into consideration? For example, a car that has the AP racing brake's package, Can a change in brake bias be compensated for { if there is any } with this modification?

Lorenzo

Aug 25, 2006
Nice work.

When you doing the final set up { programing the race logic ect... } Are things like tire size, brake modifications, transaxel ratio's, or engine modifications
taken into consideration? For example, a car that has the AP racing brake's package, Can a change in brake bias be compensated for { if there is any } with this modification?

Lorenzo

Thank you

The system has the ability to be customized based on personal use, desired results, as well as hardware as required.

Takes care

Shadowman

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
love your visitors. as i am about to be a new gt owner what can you tell me to look for when i find the car i plan to buy?
any specific questions? thanks for your help.

Aug 25, 2006
love your visitors. as i am about to be a new gt owner what can you tell me to look for when i find the car i plan to buy?
any specific questions? thanks for your help.

Hi Bill Jones and thank you for the kind words.

As your quest begins I will gladly assist; please PM or email me and present your laundry list of questions and I will do my best to share answers and in doing so I will likely create even more querstions.

All the best

Shadowman

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Looking for a GT

Bill Jones -

Does Bud know you sold CSX3102? :rofl Congratulations on the sale.
With the profits on that sale, you guys should be able to each get your own GT. :biggrin

I have lots of data besides what is published in the SAAC GT Registry. Send me the VIN numbers of any cars you go to look at, and I'll let you know if I have any history on them.

Good luck with your search - you'll love the GT.

regards,

Jeff

SAAC_Card.JPG

Last edited: