Gardnerville, Nevada
I have an 06 GT Engine still in shipping container. 35K
For info contact Stan - Kodiakpaw@charter.net

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I can get a brand new GT engine from Ford for $30K + $7500 core charge. Last I checked, they had more than 15 in stock.

USA GT - STAN WHITE

FORD
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 13, 2007
Gardnerville, Nevada
After reading your reply. I called Ford at SVO, and asked if they had any engines available. Was told they were out of supply 18 months ago. When I bought mine, I was told there were only 2 left and that was 2 years ago.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
After reading your reply. I called Ford at SVO, and asked if they had any engines available. Was told they were out of supply 18 months ago. When I bought mine, I was told there were only 2 left and that was 2 years ago.

I can get a brand new GT engine from Ford for $30K + $7500 core charge. Last I checked, they had more than 15 in stock.

:confused

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ford has 13 in, internal stock

USA GT - STAN WHITE

FORD
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 13, 2007
Gardnerville, Nevada
As per Neil at SVO 800-367-3788 Ext. 1. There are no new engines for sale. Internal Stock is not for sale, they are in for repairs. I have a new engine in crate that I will not use and thought someone could. Sorry I ruffled any feathers here, only trying to help. I am not a RIGHT fighter. I have better things to do, so I am done with this subject.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Regarding the engine availability - I think we are referencing two different sources and this is why there are different answers. Once upon a time, these complete engines were available through Ford Racing. Some of you may recall that the optional BBS wheels were also available through Ford Racing and the pricing through Ford Racing was more attractive that through "traditional Ford parts". Stan, you say "SVO" and I am assuming that is Ford Racing or perhaps another special division and you are likely correct that none are available.

However, I assure you that the complete engine assemblies are readily (and easily) available for purchase through Ford parts. I got an update today - received the exact same answer as Torrie - 13 are available as of today.

I recently purchased one of the engines and there are no special requirements and my customer elected to keep (sell privately) the old motor so he just ate the $7500 core charge. The bottomline is that I can sell one of these complete engines (motor + all accessories + SC + belts + injectors + harnesses + pressure plate and clutch, etc) for $37,500 complete. If you want to relinquish your core (with all of these same OEM accessories), the price is $30,000.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
SVO is the real name for FRPP.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
NorthwoodsGT on this site has a few....

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Does Ford replenish stock on these from time to time, or is 13 the final number? I guess the question is, how long Ford supports the parts supply on the car (second question)?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Does Ford replenish stock on these from time to time, or is 13 the final number? I guess the question is, how long Ford supports the parts supply on the car (second question)?
15 years after model stop is what was told. Warehouse is in Memphis TN

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
For the Matech engines they are all gone with the shut down of the company. I actually bought three of them and sold a couple... the others basically were sold off when everything shut down.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I spent all day yesterday at Accufab in Ontario, CA. Owner John Mihovetz showed me his tremendous stock of both new and used Ford GT engines. He also has several brand new FGT engine blocks that can be built to suit. If you are not familiar with him, John built both Ray Hoffman's and Mark H.'s record breaking FGT motors and he holds over a dozen world records himself. Call Accufab at (909) 930-1751.

Chip

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Can not say enough about Accufab and John Mihovetz and the engines he builds. No doubt they speak for themselves. If you ever want to build a Ford GT motor there is only one person to call and that's John Mihovetz. Thanks again for all your hard work on my motor and all the extra advice you gave to make the GT as fast and reliable as it is...

Thanks
Mark H

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Can not say enough about Accufab and John Mihovetz and the engines he builds. No doubt they speak for themselves. If you ever want to build a Ford GT motor there is only one person to call and that's John Mihovetz. Thanks again for all your hard work on my motor and all the extra advice you gave to make the GT as fast and reliable as it is...

Thanks
Mark H

Mark,

I'm in Mojave for GT Speed Day and damn I wish you were here. There are only 21 cars I believe so everyone will be able to run at will. I've landed my plane here several times and unlike Beeville, this runway is smooth as glass and all one surface. I'm certain you would get a much better result here. Hope to see you at the next Mojave GT day (if we can convince Tom to attempt this stunt again!). Cheers bro.

Chip