Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I sure am! :banana

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Just had a friend return from a drive to Columbus, OH. I-70 through ILL and most of Indiana is fine. Some construction near Indy, but who knows what it will be like in 2 weeks. Hope you guys are as pumped as I am.

Do you have a backup route if the Indiana Sniper is still at large?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, my plan is to let DBTGT with the trailer go first. Bigger target. I don't want my red car acting as the red flag to a bull. Besides, we can outrun a lot of bullets, I think. Still no word from Neilhellr, or any of the Windy City boys. Still looks like Spirit, Andy, Bullitt and DBTGT. FJP

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
No, my plan is to let DBTGT with the trailer go first. Bigger target. I don't want my red car acting as the red flag to a bull. Besides, we can outrun a lot of bullets, I think. Still no word from Neilhellr, or any of the Windy City boys. Still looks like Spirit, Andy, Bullitt and DBTGT. FJP

Luckily All Texas spec cars have kevlar skin and bulletproof glass.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Oh, my mistake. I thought those were armadillo hides.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'll go ahead and put on some static cling bulls eyes to help you guys out. :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perfect, exactly what we need!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If we get pulled over in IN we could just say we were trying to outrun the bullets.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Guys, come on thru Indiana! The news says they apprehended "the" teenager who had been sniping cars on the interstate! Hope he is the one, so pass on thru and head to Detroit! See you there!!!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Do I still need to wear the bulls eyes?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, looks like you're off the the hook.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
They don't do that in Texas:

1. We shoot back.

2. According to Ron White if you kill someone and there are witnesses you go to the front of the line on Death Row. We have installed an Express Lane.

I'm going to finalize and print the triptiks this week. dbtgt reserved the rooms for Tulsa. I'm at the Hampton Inn on the next stop.

dbtgt has volunteered to haul our crapola to the rally so I will box up and UPS probably next Monday. Dbtgt can you pm me your home address if you haven't already done so? Thanks.

Things are speeding up now that we are getting close. This will be the coolest road trip I have ever driven.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Andy,

I am going to meet you guys at the Hampton. I am the Houston Car. I can not leave until bright and early Tuesday Morning, but look forward to meeting you.....you are still meeting up with Silverbullitt ? Kevin cell - 832/689/7794

Andy

GT Owner
Jun 6, 2006
KO,
The board of our company decided to sell all of our assets this past Monday (quite a surprise). Now, I will not have time to drive to Dearborn due to this recent development. I am still planning on attending the Rally (2 days out of the office instead of a week and a half). I am really bummed out on missing the Texas caravan. These things happen. I would like to get in touch with you before we meet in Dearborn. I will PM you my cell number. I PM'ed FJP and dbtgt about me missing the drive. Have a great trip!
Andy

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
rally

Siverbullitt,Andy,fjpikul,

I was going to stay at the Hampton in Fariview. I called and they have a room , but the parking is limited for trucks and trailers. They said the hotel next door was in the same situation. With everything I have read on the forum, St. Louis sounds like a mess. I have a 24 hour a day Oil Field Supply business and I am killing way too many brain cells trying to run my business and figure this trip out! I have decided to stop at Terre Haute, IN at the Hampton . This will give me a 940 mile day the 8th, and a 400 mile day into Dearborn. My cell is 832/ 689/7794 and the number at the Hampton is 812/242/2222. They have plenty of room and plenty of lit parking. It sounds like the guys pulling will have a hard time keeping up with the people driving their GT's. I would have a hard time driving 70 in my GT, but I will pull that trailer 80- 85 if it does not sway! I rented this trailer so I have never pulled it before. I am sorry to keep changing my plans, but between my wife and my business....well, you guys understand. I just can not wait to get there and I will try to call you guys along the way. Kevin Maley

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I think we were going to get storage at Frank's house and/or neighborhood. Anyway our numbers are turning to crap fast.

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I did not want to bother him that late....if I leave at 6:00 AM I will try to make 940 miles in 13-14 hours putting me in at 9 - 10 PM.....hopefully I can catch up with you guys between Indy and Dearborn

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
KO, believe me, that's not late for me. Similar to DBK, I'm an insomniac. St. Louis isn't a mess, you just have to avoid downtown getting across the Mississippi. Easily done going about 15 miles out of the way heading south.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Spirit, it is about time to ship your stuff to dbtgt. Are you still planning to come to Austin for the car show Saturday? It starts early. You can come to my place Friday if you need to. My Wife and kid will be in Ohio by then. It will be party time.

I also have a slot in my garage for your car.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Silverbullitt said:
Spirit, it is about time to ship your stuff to dbtgt. Are you still planning to come to Austin for the car show Saturday? It starts early. You can come to my place Friday if you need to. My Wife and kid will be in Ohio by then. It will be party time.

I also have a slot in my garage for your car.
We have my Mother-In-Law coming in from Hong Knog on Saturday:ack , so we won't make it to the show. Thought we would come up to your place Sunday if that will work [need directions again]. Need DBTGT's address to ship stuff to.
Ready to get this trip on the road
Fueled Up
Oil Changed
Tires Checked
Car Waxed
Exercise Bra On
I-Pod CarTunes Loaded
Stuff ready to ship to Tulsa
Overnight Bags Ready to Load into GT
This should be a good ride
Let me know address & direction
See you Sunday