Road Trip from TX to Rally

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey guys! I'm obviously not going with you all, but I did read this thread & other than joking around about using one of the trailered GTs as a "parts car" I didn't see mention of anything else. The GT obviously does not have a spare tire like most cars, & in the event of a flat it may be nearly impossible to find an open performance parts shop nearby (or other such place w/a tire that fits the GT). You've probably already thought of this, but if not... a couple of extra front & rear tires put in one of the trailers would probably be a good idea.

This trip sounds like a lot of fun!!! :cheers

MJ

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Indy GT, we will be coming from St. Louis on I-70 to I-69 North to I-94 East to Dearborn. Indy is about 250 miles. If we leave around 8:00, we should be there for lunch and gas around 11:30. DBTGT has the parts car on his trailer, so he will determine how fast we travel. That's the plan so far. This is Wedneaday the 9th. Any questions or suggestions, PM me. May meet Windy City boys on I-94. FJP

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Trailers are restricted to 55 mph through Illinois :frown I don't mind cheating some but I prefer to find a semi or two who are hoofing it to follow behind so as not to be so conspicuous. Maybe I will just have to catch up to you all at lunch in Indy.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I do have an extra front and rear I could bring.

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I hope they are tires! :rofl

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm packing 6 extra shifter boots. In case . . . you know they wear out from hard shifting.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bullitt, I bought six extra cans of the inside tire goo, maybe we can do more than we think when we combine the two.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is the list of Texans I have attending the Rally:

427Aggie
Andy Cherne (possibly not on forum)
BigsGT
Fred Underwood (not on forum)
KO Supply
Racer X
SilverBullitt
Spirit
tmcphail

People driving up in the proximity or you may pass by if you want to caravan:
06GT498 (Montana)
66GT40 (nevada)
AZGT (guess)
dbtgt (oklahoma)
John Gourley (missouri)
Lightning (kansas)
Viper 1 (oklahoma)

I'm sure you knew alot of these but I'm too lazy to read the whole thread.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Bullitt, I bought six extra cans of the inside tire goo, maybe we can do more than we think when we combine the two.

Bring some inflatable dolls and some glue. Party time!!!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Thanks DBK from above post. I'll pm the ones I missed this week. I have tried to reply to your post above, but the site locks up every time I hit the reply button. Doh!!!

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I've had that same problem before as well. I can't tell if the problem is on my end or the forum's end. :confused

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
dbtgt said:
I've had that same problem before as well. I can't tell if the problem is on my end or the forum's end. :confused

I guess there is some funny character in DBK's post that when I try to quote the system doesn't like it. I quoted and replied on another thread with no problems yesterday.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
New Texas member & GT owner

Would like to meet with other Texas GT owners....427GT, BigCarrot, Silverbullitt etc.........email is carsetc99@yahoo.com

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Prowler said:
Would like to meet with other Texas GT owners....427GT, BigCarrot, Silverbullitt etc.........email is carsetc99@yahoo.com
What part of Texas are you located in?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
dbtgt said:

Sorry about that. Usually it's caused by internet explorer. I use Firefox and it never happens. Once the Rally is over and I can have a full day to prepare, I will upgrade to the latest version of the forum software. I just haven't had a chance to make backups etc, in case anything goes awry, and there's so much stuff on here now I don't want to risk it...

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Spirit: I am In Central TX......One hr. N of Austin

I'm on IH 35. Would like to get to know y'all.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Silverbullitt said:
I have tried to reply to your post above, but the site locks up every time I hit the reply button. Doh!!!

I have the same problem on occassion. If you walk away for a while, eventually (could be several minutes) it seems to finish the post.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Prowler said:
I'm on IH 35. Would like to get to know y'all.
Prowler,
I am 2 hrs southwest of Austin; so that's 3hrs from you.
I get to Austin once in a while in the GT.
It becomes an all day thing.
Possibly next time Silverbullit has a get together in Austin we will be able to meet.
In the meantime, if you are heading south towards Fredricksbugs, Luchenbach, or Boerne, let me know and we can meet up.

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
DBK said:
Sorry about that. Usually it's caused by internet explorer. I use Firefox and it never happens. Once the Rally is over and I can have a full day to prepare, I will upgrade to the latest version of the forum software. I just haven't had a chance to make backups etc, in case anything goes awry, and there's so much stuff on here now I don't want to risk it...
Thanks, Dave! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just had a friend return from a drive to Columbus, OH. I-70 through ILL and most of Indiana is fine. Some construction near Indy, but who knows what it will be like in 2 weeks. Hope you guys are as pumped as I am.