Road Trip from TX to Rally

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Spirit said:
We have my Mother-In-Law coming in from Hong Knog on Saturday:ack , so we won't make it to the show. Thought we would come up to your place Sunday if that will work [need directions again]. Need DBTGT's address to ship stuff to.
Ready to get this trip on the road
Fueled Up
Oil Changed
Tires Checked
Car Waxed
Exercise Bra On
I-Pod CarTunes Loaded
Stuff ready to ship to Tulsa
Overnight Bags Ready to Load into GT
This should be a good ride
Let me know address & direction
See you Sunday

Thanks for the checklist. I'm also going to torque my lugnuts to 100 tomorrow. Discount tire looked it up for me. I lost a locking lugnut on my SVT cobra when it was new. Don't want to lose a wheel. I'm pm ing the shipping address now.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Lugnut torque, in the Service Manual, says 111. Analog has noted that as well. FYI

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Lugnut torque, in the Service Manual, says 111. Analog has noted that as well. FYI

Thanks. I haven't done it yet so I didn't waste any time. Friday is final checklist day. Car show on Saturday, boat day on Sunday then drive. I'll work in sleep somewhere.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Car is ready for the run. I have generated triptiks for every member. FRS radio set to channel 8.0. Unique Performance tour is set for 10:00 Monday and verified by them. Spirit is coming to my house Sunday at around 8. My boat party should be winding down then.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't forget your swimtrunks for my pool! I don't have Bony's avatar there, but the University of Kansas varsity cheerleaders should be there. Don't forget to take camera and charge batteries. FJP

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Don't forget your swimtrunks for my pool! I don't have Bony's avatar there, but the University of Kansas varsity cheerleaders should be there. Don't forget to take camera and charge batteries. FJP

Crap, this may be as far as I get. If the Cheerleaders stay you guys can go on without me. If they like funny rich old guys I'm set.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dpends on if you're a "Longhorn."

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
fjpikul said:
Guys,
Ready To Get Going!!!!
Got the Swimtrunks, the Camera, and am on my good behavior [Mrs. Spirit is the chaperone].
Feel llike a horse at the starting gate waiting for the bell.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Picked up my wheel tie downs today and changed the transaxle fluid (List price is $53.70 a quart :eek ). Parts car is ready!!! :banana

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Meet you in St Louie , Louie

Live just south of St Louis. Wife and I are trailering our GT to Rally. Would like to hook up Tuesday evening for Dinner and Drinks and tag along with group to Detroit. What are the plans in St Louis.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Gary said:
Live just south of St Louis. Wife and I are trailering our GT to Rally. Would like to hook up Tuesday evening for Dinner and Drinks and tag along with group to Detroit. What are the plans in St Louis.

PM FJPIKUL. It's his party in St Louis. I have printed an extra triptik for someone that dropped out of the cruise. dbtgt is trailering also. We will be leaving from fjp's place early Wednesday for the final part of the run.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Dpends on if you're a "Longhorn."

I'm a minority. A resident of the Austin area that never has been or never will be a longhorn fan. I went somewhere else.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gary, are you the one in Festus? In any event, those guys should get in late afternoon Tuesday. We decided on dinner at Outback in Fairview Heights, IL, just south of St. Clair Square on Il-159. Hope to eat around 7:00. They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead. I'll PM you my number. FJP

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Marshall Dillon? Marshall Dillon?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Detroit Or Bust

OFF and RUNNING

SILVERBULLITT: See You Tonight

DBTGT: See You Monday

FJPIKUL: See You Tuesday

EVERYBODY: See You Wednesday

:party :party :party

Attachments

• Ready To Roll.JPG
    Ready To Roll.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 92

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Travel safe!!! :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Heading Back To Texas

What a trip.

WOW!!

Thanks to DBTGT for carrying our stuff in his trailer, this is a true gentleman.

Also thanks to FJPIKUL and his wife for their great hospitality [sorry we missed the cheerleaders] we really enjoyed the evening out with all.

And of course our thanks to my fellow Texan – SilverBullitt for the stay at his ‘Crawford Arms’ on Lake Travis in Austin where we had to leave the GT car cover due to lack of space in the car [that darn McIntosh radio just takes up too much room].

We now make the drive back to Texas leaving at 6am Monday morning, after an absolutely GREAT WEEK!!

This time traveling without the 'caravan party' who had to get back a little sooner than we do. Will be traveling solo with my lovely wife who puts up with my 'machinery addiction'.

We sure had a good time with those we had the good fortune to have traveled with, and also with those we had the pleasure to meet in Detroit and do a little partying and driving with.

Sure was fun – we are ready to do it again.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You Texans are sure a great group! Wish I could have driven up with you. See y'all soon. :biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Back Home

Rolled in back at the ranch about 3am this morning.

Clocking in just over 3,600 miles on the trip to Detroit & back.

Machine DONE GOOD.

Ran like it was made to do.

No issues whatsoever.

SIDEBARS:

1. Bottomed the car out after leaving Camillo’s party on one of those big iron plates used during road repairs in Detroit [those roads really suck]. Car OK, but liked to scare the living crap out of me – sounded like the whole bottom of the car was ripping apart.

2. Dodged a tire that literally flew out of the back of a pickup truck on IH-80 west of Chicago [missed it by less than 5 feet] – this one also darn near scared the stuff out of me.

3. Got stopped in Kansas doing 92 in a 70 the patrolman let us go without a ticket – talked about the car for 15 – 20 min. – he was very cool about the whole thing.

4. Got a ticket in Texas south of Ft. Worth doing 81 in a 70 – patrolman also wanted to talk about the car – but wasn’t going let me off [traffic school, here I come again].

Glad to be home – now back to the real world.

Or was this past week THE REAL WORLD????

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Welcome Back Fred. Let me know when you want to pick up your stuff here. We might go to SA Saturday. If so we can meet somewhere. I went under the radar at 80 almost the whole way. Some vettes and F bodys wanted to race so I let them go ahead for radar bait.