Road Trip from TX to Rally

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
If anyone wants to trailer we have a spot that opened on the transport from Dallas to Detroit...pickup on Sunday night arrive on Wednesday afternoon and then return...let me know if anyone is interested...we can arrange to pick someone up thats around the area as well so long as its not way out of the way.

Matt - What are you doing for bags Chris? You shipping them?

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Trailer Spot

I may be interested in the opening. I sent you a PM. Ken

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It's really out of the way for Driveby to meet us in Indy; but, if he so deems, we'll be coming in from the south side on I-70. We will probably need to stop in Indy for gas and lunch since it's about 250 miles from St. Louis. Best place to meet Windy City people would be in Toledo, a straight shot across Indiana for them. I'll have time this weekend for a change to plan the route a little better for everyone's approval. BTW, roundtrip airfare from St. Louis to Detroit is only $187 if you want to leave (?dump) your wives and let them fly the rest of the way.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
427Aggie said:
If anyone wants to trailer we have a spot that opened on the transport from Dallas to Detroit...pickup on Sunday night arrive on Wednesday afternoon and then return...let me know if anyone is interested...we can arrange to pick someone up thats around the area as well so long as its not way out of the way.

Matt - What are you doing for bags Chris? You shipping them?

Yup. Shaving kit and a few tshirts & underwear on board. Everything else via UPS. I'll also budget for room for trinkets from the gatering to go back in the shipping box.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
It's really out of the way for Driveby to meet us in Indy; but, if he so deems, we'll be coming in from the south side on I-70. We will probably need to stop in Indy for gas and lunch since it's about 250 miles from St. Louis. Best place to meet Windy City people would be in Toledo, a straight shot across Indiana for them. I'll have time this weekend for a change to plan the route a little better for everyone's approval. BTW, roundtrip airfare from St. Louis to Detroit is only $187 if you want to leave (?dump) your wives and let them fly the rest of the way.

You da man on the route. My expertise on the route stops at Tulsa. If you guys ever come to Texas I can show you some killer roads including some mentioned in the car mags. One of them is Lime Creek Road. It is about two miles from my office. One guy's goal was to get his sister to purge during the run. She did.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got my sister to do it in under five minutes. When I slowed to 65, she was still screaming that I was going too fast.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So far, it looks like we have:
Silverbullitt +1
Spirit +1
KOSupply +?
DBTGT +?
Andy +?
427 Aggie +?
Viper1 +?
fjpikul +0

Did I miss anyone? How many trailering in how many trailers? I put up posts for local help deciding about driving up Indiana or Ohio. If we drive up through Indiana, we can meet the Windy City boys where I-69 meets I-80. Neilheller can meet us in Indy (straight shot across I-74). There are many restaurants near my home for dinner Tuesday evening. Outback? IHOP or Denny's for breakfast on Wednesday morning? We should leave by at least 9:00 on Wednesday, hopefully by 8:00. Don't forget, we lose an hour once we cross into Indiana. I need to know who's booked local motels where. Thanks. FJP

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now All We Need Are The Nuclear Reactor Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'm actually flying up and have the car shipped so won't make any of the stops but one :)

Detroit !

Matt

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, thanks Aggie. See you there!

Andy

GT Owner
Jun 6, 2006
I have a reservation at the Ramada

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Andy, driving or towing? How many in your party? Thanks FJP

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
FJP did you get the route plan I sent? It looks good to me except it wouldn't let me deviate the route in St Louis to take 270. I'll make a separate yahoo map or triptik for that part of the run. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn. The Ramada didn't have separate beds. The guy traveling with me has bought me dinner, but no flowers or candy.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bullitt, sent you a PM, and it's no offer either.

Andy

GT Owner
Jun 6, 2006
FJP,
My wife and I are driving.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
dbtgt said:
I'm working on hotel and dinner in Tulsa - number of people/cars will determine where we wind up - let me know (bony and avatar stay free :banana )

Do you have the hotel nailed down? Looks like only 3 cars joining you in Tulsa. Me, Spirit and Andy.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Silverbullitt said:
Do you have the hotel nailed down? Looks like only 3 cars joining you in Tulsa. Me, Spirit and Andy.
I am firming it up tomorrow - what about KOSupply?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think KOSupply is supposed to be driving straight to St. Louis. I PM'd him, but no response as of yet.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I am looking at my travel options to Detroit, may drive or transport if opportunity arises. Is your carivan to Detroit traveling through Indy (as earlier thread says) and if so what time do you think you would be traveling through as I might want to hook up with your pack to Detroit...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
I think KOSupply is supposed to be driving straight to St. Louis. I PM'd him, but no response as of yet.

Thats what he told me.

fjplul can answer Indy on time rolling through. The more the merrier.