Registration - Ford GT National Rally IV

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Special Ed is in

I just registered, made the room & airline reservations & paid for car transportation. See you in October!

Ed

PS Doesn't someone owe me a drink?

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
PS Doesn't someone owe me a drink?

Isn't Texas a dry state?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Texas dry?

Texas isn't dry. If you can't get booze in the Lone Star State our whole country is going to hell!

Ed

PS Bony & I used to talk about Texas wines. They actually have some nice ones.

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Texas isn't dry.

O.K. Then I'll buy you a drink, Ed. That's an amazing amount of work in just one week.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I figured out the mail issue. Shouldn't be a problem from now on. I'm sure you'll be shocked to know that it's confusion at the USPS causing it.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Don't they have the largest Honkey Tonk bar in the world in Fort Worth Texas?

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Wow, Rally IV! Just registered and made hotel reservations for me and my son GT350Kid. It will be his first rally so let's show him a good time! See ya'll in Texas.
Vince

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So Vince, does that mean Patty is not coming?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FYI, if you want to cut a little over 100 miles off your driving for the shindig, I recommend booking yourself out in College Station on Tuesday night so you can hop right over to TWS.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Did anyone get a GT friendly hotel in College Station?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
FYI, if you want to cut a little over 100 miles off your driving for the shindig, I recommend booking yourself out in College Station on Tuesday night so you can hop right over to TWS.

Most of them are booked up:eek??? What's with that? I found one at the Marriott Courtyard so you guys might try there.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Frank,
Pattie says Justin and I will have more fun alone on this trip since it's so drive intensive, but I think she might change her mind and come along anyway ... we'll see.
Vince

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ditto Ed, booked everything, see you there. Do you know were the cars are going to be dropped off and when?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It depends on where you're coming from.

Ditto Ed, booked everything, see you there. Do you know were the cars are going to be dropped off and when?

Piana,

For members traveling to the Rally from points east it makes sense to spend Tuesday night in College Station so as not to backtrack from Austen. For those of us coming from the western half of the United States I believe it makes more sense to spend Tuesday night at the Four Seasons (Rally IV Headquarters) in Austin, Texas. There will be a large number of us at the Four Seasons Tuesday night where a raucous cocktail party/dinner will be held. An added benefit here is that you only have to check in to one hotel, one time, and you will have to move all your stuff. For members trailering their car it's nice to unload one time and stow your trailer. A large group of us will make the one-hour drive from Austen to College Station early Wednesday morning. Looking forward to it. :cheers

Chip

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
DBK,
I reviewed the Texas Mile event rules and they are asking for a medical profile from all participants. Will you have a guide line for this requirement? Also, GTX-1's may need to have a roll bar. Were you able to get confirmation that we would be able to run? They state that a competition approved roll bar for an open vehicle is manditory unless your vehicleis equipped with a factor roll system. Are there any of the X-1 owners that might know if our car would be considered factory roll bar system the way it has been altered? I hope we can confirm this before we try to make the run.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Piana,
There will be a large number of us at the Four Seasons Tuesday night where a raucous cocktail party/dinner will be held.
Chip

I'm glad I invested in a Snell SA2005 helmet and fire resistant clothing.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hotel reservations made and registration mailed in !! Now I have to finish my car in next 90 days ! See you guys there !!

Steve

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Dave has posted that the GTX1 is good to go as is.

DBK,
Also, GTX-1's may need to have a roll bar. Were you able to get confirmation that we would be able to run? They state that a competition approved roll bar for an open vehicle is manditory unless your vehicleis equipped with a factor roll system. Are there any of the X-1 owners that might know if our car would be considered factory roll bar system the way it has been altered? I hope we can confirm this before we try to make the run.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Dave, I think you need to update the registration page... surely more than 38 people have registered. I mean 102 committed in the other thread?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dat's all I gots Fubar. This is why I only sign on the line for 50 hotel rooms at a time :willy