That would be nice djs........but I'd get a lawyer

Mine just got my 106mph ticket dismissed.....well worth his fee

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
How about trying this defense in court,

The Great State of XXXXXX charges you "insert your name here" with the crime of driving 50 miles per hour over the posted speed limit, how do you plea?

Insanity your Honor:frown

INSANITY?

Yes your Honor, I'm just crazy about that little car.:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Try this tact in court:

However, may I suggest that your Honor take the GT for a test drive...

WHOA up right there, son!

At this here point, I'm a-gunna suggest you jus' PAY TH' DARN TICKET no matter WHAT th' dollar amount of same may be - AND pay th' higher ins premiums that follow, too, kuz NEITHER will amount to POCKET CHANGE compared to the cost of fixing the damage that will likely result from allowing the average dude in a BLACK ROBE behind the 'wheel! :willy:willy:willy:willy:willy

I'm jus' sayin'... :bored

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
...'an aspiring valet, I take it? :biggrin

('Sorry! 'Couldn't resist!)

Something like that. I was living in Austin in the early 80's and had just bought a 76' 911, my first really nice sports car. It was due for a service, and the service guy I liked at the time was back in Houston, so I thought I would be a "nice" guy and let my little brother drive it to Houston for me. It needed some gas so I decided to drive it over to the gas station with him following me in his truck. When we got to the station, I filled it up and showed him how all that stuff worked, then he got in it and was going to head off to Houston. At the last minute he decided to come back to the house and get lunch before he left, so I told him to just drive it back to house to get used to it, and I would lead the way in his truck. Well... I stopped for a traffic light on Riverside drive and all of a sudden I hear these tires screeching behind me and then bam, he ran into the back of the truck I was driving. I lived only a block away so we drove to the house and got out to access the damage. He had crunched the front end in all way to the lights. He felt so bad that I just couldn’t get that mad at him. He simply fumbled with his feet looking for the brake because he was too busy looking around while he was driving it. Pretty damn funny really; he wrecks my Porsche by running into the back of his own truck that I am driving. Anyway, it’s a good family story. And yes, he has driven the FGT and loves it.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
If we're talking speeding tickets we've got out of...

Coming out of Boulder, CO heading up the diagonal towards IBM(work at the time) and running late for a meeting I was stuck behind several Prius types driving along at 35mph. Finally, the last left lane lagger got out of the way and I lit the turbo and rolled into it for what was no more than a few seconds. Road was clear or so I thought until I noticed a quarter mile ahead parked in a tree shadow was a motorcycle cop who was putting his hand held radar back in it's holster. Since I was obviously out in front with no one around, I figured it was a no contest. I just pulled over in front of him. He didn't even have to put his bike in gear. He came walking up looking funny at me. I removed my sun glasses and addressed him as sir. He ask if I wanted to lose my license? I said no sir. He ask if I wanted him to take me to jail? I said no sir! He ask how fast I thought I was going? Speed limit was 45mph so I said probably 60. He said hold on a sec and went back to his bike and grabbed his radar. As he came back he flipped it around and showed it to me. It said 93mph. I just shook my head and gritted my teeth. He ask what where I was headed and what my hurry was? I told him and he responded by telling me I needed to slow it down and that he liked my truck. I said yes sir! He didn't even write me a warning. He did give me his card and proceeded to ask me which turbos and injectors I was running and that he was a hot rodder himself. To this day I'll never forget that incident. Being respectful and courteous doesn't always work but it's a good start.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Interesting to hear the stories of speeding and our youth. We all have them. Fact is...the cops of today are not the cops of yesterday. Nowadays everything is illegal and a bigger deal than it was years ago.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The best defense

The Best Defense Is A Good Offence.

Mrs. Spirt has talked her way out of many more tickets than I ever have by saying "Oh, I am so glad you stopped me Officer, I just ----------------." [fill in the blanks with what ever works for you].

The last time she pulled this off was during Rally IV while operating Driveby's truck and trailer after the lost wheel/tire episode.

Two women in a truck with out of state [Illinois] plates, pulling a trailer with out of state [Georgia] plates, with expired registration tags, with two wheels missing [on a trailer that should have 4 wheels] on it, late at night, in a small Texas town. To say the least, this would look down right suspicious to even a Texan.

As for myself, I just throw myself on the mercy of the Court in these dire situations.

Defended myself on all 4 tickets that Hilo Dave referred to, paid high dollar fines, did traffic school [over and over many times], BUT kept them all off my driving record [call it that good old down home Texas charm].

Moral of the story SLOW DOWN.

Have not been stopped for well over a year now, which is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

As for the 100 mile jaunt to Rally IV that Dave is talking about, u'know, we were in West Texas where things operate at just a little different pace.

God Bless Texas

God Bless America

:usa

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Interesting to hear the stories of speeding and our youth. We all have them. Fact is...the cops of today are not the cops of yesterday. Nowadays everything is illegal and a bigger deal than it was years ago.

Unfortunately, only for tax paying citizens. :thumbsdow

Last edited:

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
...indeed...clearly I should have been watching my speedo more closely...and been more conservative with my right foot. I don't make a habit of traveling at those kind of speeds. I was stuck behind a clump of cars, getting frustrated, a lane opened up, I saw my opportunity to get around them...and....ohhhmahgawwwwd....wheeee! "Really, officer, I was going that fast?" Alas, hindsight is 20/20. My first speeding ticket in 15 years. Thanks for the advice and recommendations. I really appreciate the quick response.

I think the response should have been "Yes officer, but I could have been doing 160". Perhaps he would admire your restraint.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This kinda thread always reminds me of the guy who was pulled over for doing 100 "+" in a 60 zone, and when the LEO walked up to the driver's window, he gleefully said to the "offender", "I've been waiting here all day for you!", ...to which the "offender" replied, "And as you've undoubtedly noticed - I did all I could to get here as fast as possible, sir."

B'smooth

Mar 17, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Now that I'm able to type. This THREAD is FUNNY!:lol Needed the laughther.
THANKS!:wink
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.:thumbsup

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
If you get defered ajudication in Austin(Travis County), I would like the attorney's name and number because you got a good one!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Once upon a time, in an old cobra replica car:

ac-01.jpg

I goosed it to get out of a tight spot in traffic, as the road opened up and laid into the throttle just a bid. Needless to say the cherries & berries were flashing moments later. When the officer walked up to the car he said "I saw the way the cars had you pined in and I knew what you were about to do.... but when I saw the flames shoot out the side pipes, I didn't think I was going to catch you."

I showed him the car and he gave me a warning.
ac-20sm.jpg

I did not show him the 10lbs nitrous bottle in the trunk.

ac-18sm.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"I saw the way the cars HAD YOU PINED IN and I knew what you were about to do...."

...and yet, have you EVER seen a LEO pull over a "passing lane percher"??? These people TICK OFF half the world and because of that are FAAAAAAAR more likely to cause a wreck than someone doing "5 over". Yet they're virtually NEVER pulled over & cited for doing it.

(I actually DID see >>>one<<< pulled over ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO [literally]. Some LOOOOON pulling about a 30ft RV trailer doing FIFTEEN MILES AN HOUR on a twisty section of a narrow highway in Oregon. Man! You shudda seen the number of people "gesturing" their displeasure as they drove by this moron once he'd been pulled over! AND THE LEO WAS POINTING TOWARD ALL THOSE FOLKS AS HE WAS C-H-E-W-I-N-G THE LIVIN' STUFFIN'S OUTTA THE BOZO!!! IT WAS GREAT!!!)

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
"I saw the way the cars HAD YOU PINED IN and I knew what you were about to do...."

...and yet, have you EVER seen a LEO pull over a "passing lane percher"??? These people TICK OFF half the world and because of that are FAAAAAAAR more likely to cause a wreck than someone doing "5 over". Yet they're virtually NEVER pulled over & cited for doing it.

(I actually DID see >>>one<<< pulled over ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO [literally]. Some LOOOOON pulling about a 30ft RV trailer doing FIFTEEN MILES AN HOUR on a twisty section of a narrow highway in Oregon. Man! You shudda seen the number of people "gesturing" their displeasure as they drove by this moron once he'd been pulled over! AND THE LEO WAS POINTING TOWARD ALL THOSE FOLKS AS HE WAS C-H-E-W-I-N-G THE LIVIN' STUFFIN'S OUTTA THE BOZO!!! IT WAS GREAT!!!)

You witnessed this from your home as he passed by or you were actually driving 40 yrs ago?:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You witnessed this from your home as he passed by or you were actually driving 40 yrs ago?:biggrin

Alright, "Clinton, Jr."! E-NUFFA that... :slap

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Once upon a time, in an old cobra replica car:

ac-01.jpg

I goosed it to get out of a tight spot in traffic, as the road opened up and laid into the throttle just a bid. Needless to say the cherries & berries were flashing moments later. When the officer walked up to the car he said "I saw the way the cars had you pined in and I knew what you were about to do.... but when I saw the flames shoot out the side pipes, I didn't think I was going to catch you."

I showed him the car and he gave me a warning.
ac-20sm.jpg

I did not show him the 10lbs nitrous bottle in the trunk.

ac-18sm.jpg

Mark,

I've followed you on more than one occasion. Your foot is permanently glued to the floor.... :lol and this is someone who believes that 100 mph is actually a nice cruising speed.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
OK i have a speeding story you wont believe.

I had 20 people depending on me to lead them on a diving trip that required us to make our first flight connection in Kansas city on the first flight in the A.M.
I left home the previous night at about 11 P.M. with my girl friend and her Lexis to get a hotel near the airport. She dozed off after about 2 hours and some where around Rock Port so did I, my foot must have went to the floor because when i woke up I was about to hit the tail end of a semi truck and the speedometer needle was on the peg, I managed to swerve around the truck and get the car slowed down to where the needle started to come off the peg and at the same time a state trooper was behind me with his lights on. he must have been there even before i swerved, it happened very fast.
I woke up my passenger and told her to get ready i'm pretty sure that im going to jail. The officer came up to the window and with a loud and authoritative voice he said " DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GIONG?"
I said "I have no idea, my eyes were shut" He didn't even ask for my paperwork he just said You better pull off at the next exit and get some coffee and he walked back to his car and drove off.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
OK i have a speeding story you wont believe.

I had 20 people depending on me to lead them on a diving trip that required us to make our first flight connection in Kansas city on the first flight in the A.M.
I left home the previous night at about 11 P.M. with my girl friend and her Lexis to get a hotel near the airport. She dozed off after about 2 hours and some where around Rock Port so did I, my foot must have went to the floor because when i woke up I was about to hit the tail end of a semi truck and the speedometer needle was on the peg, I managed to swerve around the truck and get the car slowed down to where the needle started to come off the peg and at the same time a state trooper was behind me with his lights on. he must have been there even before i swerved, it happened very fast.
I woke up my passenger and told her to get ready i'm pretty sure that im going to jail. The officer came up to the window and with a loud and authoritative voice he said " DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GIONG?"
I said "I have no idea, my eyes were shut" He didn't even ask for my paperwork he just said You better pull off at the next exit and get some coffee and he walked back to his car and drove off.

You're right! I don't believe it! 'Never heard of a LEO anywhere who was EVER that lenient! :rofl :cheers

...did you buy any LOTTO tkts that day???

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
TEXAS DEPUTY SHERIFF vs NEW YORK LAWYER

Got ticketed for doing 95 in a 65. Cops have little sympathy for "it doesn't feel like I was going that fast my GT." :biggrin

Note to self...remember to turn the radar detector when leaving the garage.

Do any of you have a good traffic lawyer you can recommend? Thanks!!!

Good thing you didn't get caught by this deputy.....

A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a sheriff's deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than the deputy because he is a lawyer from New York and is certain that he has a better education then any cop from Houston , TX. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Texas deputy's expense.

The deputy says, "License and registration, please."

"What for?" says the lawyer.

The deputy says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."

Then the lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

"You still didn't come to a complete stop," says the deputy.

"License and registration, please."

The lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

"The difference is you have to come to complete stop, that's the law.

"License and registration, please!" the Deputy repeats.

Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."

"That sounds fair. Please exit your vehicle, sir," the deputy says.

At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick and starts beating the daylights out of the lawyer and says,

"Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"

Got to love those Texans